It's Never A Calm Kitten Season

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With my farm cat colony down to three spayed/neutered residents, I thought this spring might be a quiet one, but I was wrong. When I showed up today, there was a ~10 week old black kitten hanging out and meowing loudly. I would have tried to catch him, but didn't have my trapping gear with me. At least he got a good meal. I returned later in the day, but I couldn't maneuver him into a trap. He's taken up with the one male cat left, so I'm hoping he will stay safe by hanging out with him until I can catch him. The weird part is that this colony is in a somewhat isolated area with no one living nearby, so I'm wondering where a 10 week old kitten came from. He's not feral, seems semi-social. Dumping is the obvious answer.... Maybe someone knew cats were being fed there.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant understand people who just dump cats, at least this one is lucky, you will see that he is alright

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get dumped cats all the time, I think they travel a long way to get here sometimes, the are pretty pitiful. My heart especially breaks for the old, the pregnant, and the wounded. I truly hope Karma pays these evil people back, it makes me wonder about mankind sometimes......