It's National Chocolate Cake Day!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
does carob count? i don't do chocolate, and substitute carob powder for cocoa powder in recipes.

while i don't have a chocolate/carob cake on hand, i have lovely home cooked carob pudding, that i made yesterday. 

thank you for that link! i'll check out those chocolate cake recipes -- will substitute with carob powder or (melted) carob chips.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Who doesn't like chocolate anything?
I haven't had a chooclate cake in a long time. I think I need to head across the stree to the grocery store to get an individual size chocolate mousse cake now

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of cake in general but I do like high quality dark chocolate. I will have some chocolate but no cake.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I know I've said this before, but I swear to you, if you love chocolate cake, you must try the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake. It's moist, it's decadently good. Hershey's also has a Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting for the cake, but whenever I make the cake, it seems I frost it with my whipped peanut butter frosting. Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Life is wonderful! 

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any plans to celebrate?

Do you like chocolate cake?

Seeing this thread updated this morning, it's impossible to convey the depth of my disappointment when I realised that the original post was eleven days old, and that I'd overlooked National Chocolate Cake day altogether.  Now, only one thing will assuage my despair.

Off to the bakery....

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Seeing this thread updated this morning, it's impossible to convey the depth of my disappointment when I realised that the original post was eleven days old, and that I'd overlooked National Chocolate Cake day altogether.  Now, only one thing will assuage my despair.

Off to the bakery....

Yes, I think I will be going to the bakery too for a Red Velvet, now that I see this!