Purraise
Do you have a favorite chip and dip?

I would probably have to go with guacamole and tortilla chips. :yummy:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Flaming Hot Cheetos with Ranch + Sour Cream dip you make at home. 

Otherwise I don't really dip my chips. I am odd. 

Last edited:

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crunchy Tortilla/Taco Chips slathered with Chilli sauce melted cheese
  not a dipper

not a fan of taco sauces or Sour creme dips ~

Hungry for chips...surfed for coupons.....they're gone now....

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I would probably have to go with guacamole and tortilla chips.
Definitely guacamole for me too but NO cilantro. 
 I know a lot of people like cilantro but I can't eat it in any of my food. Guac and tortilla chips go great together, I can make a meal out of it. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have a favorite chip and dip?

I would probably have to go with guacamole and tortilla chips.
 I just love guac. Oh man, I just love guac. I dip pretzels in it, though. I've done lunch at work with guac and pretzels. But when my co-workers know I have it, they always manage to come in when I'm eating lunch and help themselves to my guac.

Ina Garten has a to-die-for Pan-Fried Onion Dip that I really like.  

I love a good buffalo chicken dip. When she worked in our building, one of my GFs used to bring in a huge crock pot of buffalo chicken dip with slices of a good chewy bread. Well, the heck with the bread.....I'd get a bowl, throw in a couple large spoons of dip, and pig out. 

Rick is a big fan of hot crab dip. He likes Wheat Thins.

Guacamole tops them all!

Last edited:

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local diner makes an amazing artichoke dip and serve it with blue corn tortilla chips. Absolutely one of my favorites. And you can eat it as a meal they give you a generous helping of dip and chips. :)

I do love ruffles with clam dip. Or corn tortilla chips with salsa.

When we went to dinner for our work Christmas party (all paid for except alcohol) I had a cheesy crab dip with fried wonton chips. It was amazing.

I've never met a dip I didn't like. But I usually don't particularly buy chips and dip. I just buy the flavored ones most of the time.

Oh.. I almost forgot. Fritos scoops and 7 layer bean dip. It's super easy to make and filling. Only my mom and I will eat it.. so we usually don't buy it at the store as it's in a huge container.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
ruffles chips and onion sour cream dip is my fav

Doritos in Onion dip are a close second place.

Salsa and corn chips always a hit. And of course added toppings. sour cream, hamburger,  tomatoes, olives and hot peppers and bake them on tin foil in the oven with the cheese ontop.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Definitely guacamole for me too but NO cilantro. 
 I know a lot of people like cilantro but I can't eat it in any of my food. Guac and tortilla chips go great together, I can make a meal out of it. 
I agree. I love guacamole and fresh, hot tortilla chips but NO cilantro. That stuff is nasty. It tastes like soap and overpowers everything it touches.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flaming Hot Cheetos with Ranch + Sour Cream dip you make at home. 
Now that sounds intriguing! I love Flaming Hot Cheetos but I've never dipped them in anything.

I rarely have chips with dip at home. I will eat hummus with either chips or pretzel buns, but that's more of a lunch than a snack. And I love having fresh tortilla chips with salsa and/or guac at a Mexican restaurant.

One thing I really like is salt & vinegar Kettle potato chips with Tostitos queso dip. It has to be Tostitos queso, no other brand will do. I prefer the Kettle chips but will settle for other brands if necessary.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you.  I know a lot of people like it but you're right, it does taste like soap and definitely overpowers everything. :bigthumb:   It actually has to do with our genes: 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/why-does-cilantro-taste-bad-like-soap_n_7653808.html 
That's interesting. In that article, they suggest swapping cilantro with parsley. But these herbs are in the same botanical family, Apiaceae. (I should know, as I am sadly allergic to several of these herbs, woe is me.) You would think that some of the same aldehydes would be in parsley too?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That explains it.  I am one of the people who likes cilantro and I did not understand where people got the idea about it tasting like soap, now I know.
Haha, I'm one of the people who thinks cilantro tastes like soap. . .but I still like it, in moderation, in certain recipes. I wonder where that fits in, lol.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That explains it.  I am one of the people who likes cilantro and I did not understand where people got the idea about it tasting like soap, now I know.
I can taste even the smallest amount of it and I absolutely hate it. The taste dominates anything it is in. 

I'm the opposite of you. I can't understand how anyone could NOT taste soap when they eat it. 

I don't like parsley either though. IMO it's nothing more than a garnish.