It's Gonna Be 3 Years In A Few Days.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LilyandCallie.jpg Callie.jpg So, I stumbled upon this part of the message boards, as I wait for replies on another thread. I post alot, but I never post much about Callie anymore, I guess because I'm more-so talking about Lily & Zoe. Please let me reflect on Callie. On the 16, it'll be three years since she left me and Lily. Yesterday I was in tears reading back posts from when it happened. Callie was hit by a car. I was out on my walk, and on my way home, I found her, lying there. She actually looked peaceful though. I remember it so vividly. She was such a sweet cat. Never scratched me, or furniture, and she loved her "sister" Lily so much. She had been a feral cat, who came into my life in 2012, and I had just gotten Lily, and they bonded so well. She's the only cat I ever had who actually loved affection, I could hold her and she'd just love it, she would sleep with me, and sit with me on the couch. She was such a strong cat, a fighter. Fought against all odds living in the woods on her own, till she found a home with me. I remember my dad saying when we first found her, how she had a "will to live and to survive". How she didn't see that car coming or what possessed her to cross the street, I'll never know. I remember how when it happened I was sitting on the stairs screaming her name, and Lily came running to me, with her eyes so big, I think she knew then, that something horrible had just happened to Callie.
As i look back on three years ago, I think about Lily too. Lily never went back to the Lily she was before August 16, 2016. Her attitude changed. Ever since then she's been my grumpy old lady, and shes just turning 7 this month. Before she was playful, and loved playing with Callie, and never growled at her. Now, she's grumpy a lot, lazy, and doesn't like playing with Zoe. Zoe is the kitten I got several weeks after Callie passed, because I thought it would help Lily with being so lonely. They don't hate eachother by any means, but the bond is no where near what it was with Callie and Lily.
I still miss her. I wonder what it would be like if that never happened. She'd be about 7 and half now.
She had so much heart, I guess you could call her an "old wise soul"

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I have a cat - "Speedy'' - who looks like your Callie . She too is very affectionate and likes people. She's a smart one and does what she wants. Very independent ! Most female cats are not very fond of being held and fussed over.
I wonder if they are related ? :winkcat:

Best wishes ...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will never forget Callie and what she brought to your life, it's so bittersweet to reminiece about them and think of what might have been......
To have them one moment and then to find them that way is horrific and life altering. I know I would give anything to chnage what happened that fateful day. I have had so many die since then, sometimes I think at least she didn't suffer, to grow old and decline and suffer at the end is not what I would ever want for her. It brings but a small amount of comfort. At least we have memories of them at their sassy best, their incredible will to live, their incredible love of life. All of which they leave to us, they showed us what it was to live life to the fullest, and left us a legacy to follow. I know neither would want us to be in pain, but I know I will miss that sweet face for the rest of my life. It was a privilege and an honor to love her, may each and every one of them rest in peace......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:redheartpump::hugs: That was so sweet, thank you, wish there was a love button for posts <3

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The anniversaries of our losses hit us like a punch in the gut, don't they? Your love for her shines in every word you wrote. I know that "I only had her such a short time" feeling, but really, where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. We want them forever. We miss them always, we do, but the thing I have learned is this, love never dies. It only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. The best part of Callie, her love for you, now purified into Love, is with you still.

Rest you gentle, Callie, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh how I wish the cats and kittens we so dearly love could have an extended, healthy lifespan and be protected from accidents and injury. We all know that is never going to happen though.

Callie is a wonderful part of your life that will never fade away. She is as close as a thought anytime of the day or night, and you were so very fortunate to have her come into your life, if only for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I just feel a little crappier about remembering. Tomorrow is not the anniversary of her death, its the 18th, not the 16. How could I mess that up?