It's chilly in the house

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We're not sure exactly what happened, but there's no heat in the living room. The breaker kicked out and we can't turn it back on. We brought portable heaters up from the basement and got the temp from 62 to 68 F. The girls are back in bed, toasting on the electric blanket. Electrician is coming tomorrow afternoon to see what happened; he said he'd come in today, but we don't want to drag him out on a Sunday. We'll survive. We're thinking it's probably the thermostat. (Gee, guess I'll have to bake something to turn the oven on!)

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're not sure exactly what happened, but there's no heat in the living room. The breaker kicked out and we can't turn it back on. We brought portable heaters up from the basement and got the temp from 62 to 68 F. The girls are back in bed, toasting on the electric blanket. Electrician is coming tomorrow afternoon to see what happened; he said he'd come in today, but we don't want to drag him out on a Sunday. We'll survive. We're thinking it's probably the thermostat. (Gee, guess I'll have to bake something to turn the oven on!)
Yep ,that happened to me the other week!
The day i got my kitties!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Yikes! Stay warm. :) We've been having fun with plumbing this weekend. First thekitchen sink backed up, and then a toilet. :cringe:

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What type of heater?
If it's Coleman and is gas/LP, there is a reset switch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We made it through the night OK. We brought up portable heaters from the basement and are using them. Rick slept on the couch in the living room to make sure the heaters worked OK and we didn't get below 62 all night. Chilly, but not really cold, definitely sweatshirt cold. I stayed in the bedroom with the girls. Electrician coming in late this afternoon.

kashmir64 kashmir64 The regular electric heaters in the house bit the dust.

betsygee betsygee I hope your plumbing problem isn't serious!

Thanks guys!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We made it through the night OK. We brought up portable heaters from the basement and are using them. Rick slept on the couch in the living room to make sure the heaters worked OK and we didn't get below 62 all night. Chilly, but not really cold, definitely sweatshirt cold. I stayed in the bedroom with the girls. Electrician coming in late this afternoon.

kashmir64 kashmir64 The regular electric heaters in the house bit the dust.

betsygee betsygee I hope your plumbing problem isn't serious!

Thanks guys!
Ok, just wondering.
Coleman has this bad habit of shutting down. If it's running and the power goes out, even just a hiccup, then it wont restart by flipping the breaker.
I went two days without heat last year before I figured out the trick.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I fractured my humerus June of 2018 I have been ice cold year round. I sit with 5 blankets on me even in the summer heat to get warm. I don't know what happened but right now I'm literally sitting with a fleece wrap/blanket on me and on a heating pad with a usb chargeable hand warmer to get slightly warm. Just throwing out some ideas.

Hopefully you get it resolved soon. Not a good time of year to lose your heat

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The electrician was here, said the thermostat was wonky, but thought he fixed it. Went to the basement, got the circuit to flip, and we had heat....for about ten minutes. It kicked back off and we’re back to square one. Well, dang. He’s going to try to get back tomorrow. Thank goodness for portable heaters.

I came back the hallway and found three cats patiently waiting at the bedroom door. I opened the door, the cats walked in, jumped on the bed and meowed for me to “Purrese turn the electric blanket on. On hIgh, purrese.” I did and they’re napping comfortably.

Amber is in the living room, sleeping in Rick’s sweatshirt.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The electrician was here, said the thermostat was wonky, but thought he fixed it. Went to the basement, got the circuit to flip, and we had heat....for about ten minutes. It kicked back off and we’re back to square one. Well, dang. He’s going to try to get back tomorrow.
He better get back to your house tomorrow. I'm so sorry this happened and hope he gets it fixed and working soon. :hugs:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came back the hallway and found three cats patiently waiting at the bedroom door. I opened the door, the cats walked in, jumped on the bed and meowed for me to “Purrese turn the electric blanket on. On hIgh, purrese.” I did and they’re napping comfortably.

Amber is in the living room, sleeping in Rick’s sweatshirt.
Cats always know what to do in case of emergencies.:purr:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yes! The electrician was here bright and early yesterday to install the new register. Our original register was 10-feet long; the new one is eight feet, so we're going to have to do some drywall mudding and repairing where the old register was located. But that's minor and we'll deal with it. We're toasty and Tabby is happy. She's all cuddled up against the new register.