It's been one year today.. ❤️

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to believe that it's been one year ago today, that I lost my little girl, Sammie ❤. She was supposed to be my healthy kitty, after losing Angel to lymphoma.
instead, she was only with me for 2 yrs & 2&1/2 months. Cancer reared its ugly head in my life again. This time as carsanoma. A mass on Sammie's liver. Angel & Sammie were my first two babies. Sammie showing up 7 months to the day of losing Angel.
Its been hard on my heart losing both to such a terrible disease. Especially since they're the only two I'd ever had, and to lose them both to cancer.
I have felt ok today. I did shed a few tears when I was dusting the shelves that their urns and pictures are on. It may hit me again later. I do have a party to go to this evening, so trying to stay balanced today, so glad I am feeling ok.
I am just grateful that I was able to give my sweet babies a home where they would have more love than they would ever need..or probably want 😼 , and to provide care for them with a wonderful vet & staff at the end. I am also very grateful for finding this site 7 years ago last month.
It has tought me almost everything I know about kitties, and has the most amazing community of people who have always been here for me. I just want to thank all of you! :grouphug2:

May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
love you all!
XO!

IMG_20180211_135048543_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181029_155910132_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170914_223844.jpg
IMG_20161106_155958074.jpg
IMG_20181207_165545552.jpg

"Really mom!" 😼
IMG_20171208_141054202_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171207_191244292.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Think im going to run out to Trader Joe's & get some pink flowers in memory of her, as well as stop & print out those two Christmas pictures. I have Angels up with his bow tie, but don't have those of Sammie. ❤

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's hard to believe it's been a year already :hugs:. And almost FOUR for Angel. Oh my goodness. Time does go by so fast. But you willnever forget them, your very special furbabies :redheartpump::rbheart:

And what a lovely memorial you have set up for them. It's so sweet and I'm sure brings you peace. Hoping today isn't too difficult.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly - I know that your sweet girl sadly wasn't with you very long, but in that short time she knew she was loved and had a wonderful life with you. Thinking of you Sammie and of course Angel.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens , Thank you. Yes, It does fly by. I do like having a shelf for each of them. I plug in the lights every night. 😊💙❤So far, I've been ok today. I know they are with me.

Thank you Eric. Yes, I can have peace knowing I gave them all the love in the world, & did everything in my power to help them & make them comfortable.

on a celebratory note...I FINALLY made my last payment to care credit this week!!!
Whooo hooo!! Now lets pray no big dental stuff comes up, so it can stay that way. I never want to use that again unless I really have to & have no choice. Thank goodness my dentist does do no interest payment plans, so as long as nothing to big happens, I'll be fine.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to believe that it's been one year ago today, that I lost my little girl, Sammie ❤. She was supposed to be my healthy kitty, after losing Angel to lymphoma.
instead, she was only with me for 2 yrs & 2&1/2 months. Cancer reared its ugly head in my life again. This time as carsanoma. A mass on Sammie's liver. Angel & Sammie were my first two babies. Sammie showing up 7 months to the day of losing Angel.
Its been hard on my heart losing both to such a terrible disease. Especially since they're the only two I'd ever had, and to lose them both to cancer.
I have felt ok today. I did shed a few tears when I was dusting the shelves that their urns and pictures are on. It may hit me again later. I do have a party to go to this evening, so trying to stay balanced today, so glad I am feeling ok.
I am just grateful that I was able to give my sweet babies a home where they would have more love than they would ever need..or probably want 😼 , and to provide care for them with a wonderful vet & staff at the end. I am also very grateful for finding this site 7 years ago last month.
It has tought me almost everything I know about kitties, and has the most amazing community of people who have always been here for me. I just want to thank all of you! :grouphug2:

May you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
love you all!
XO!

View attachment 312307View attachment 312308View attachment 312309View attachment 312310View attachment 312311
"Really mom!" 😼
View attachment 312312View attachment 312313
:alright::petcat::blackcat2:❤

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those are beautiful pink flowers for your beautiful Sammie. :hearthrob:
And a lovely tribute to both your fur babies. :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Congrats on paying off the Care Credit. I can only imagine the weight that's lifted off your mind. Are you still with your parents? When does that apartment you're hoping for come available?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are beautiful pink flowers for your beautiful Sammie. :hearthrob:
And a lovely tribute to both your fur babies. :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Congrats on paying off the Care Credit. I can only imagine the weight that's lifted off your mind. Are you still with your parents? When does that apartment you're hoping for come available?
Thanks! Yes, unfortunately. This month makes a yr & a half! I originally had hoped to only be here a few months. I certainly didn't plan on being here for my 50th birthday this past Aug!! But, with no one I could, or would room with, & how rediculous rents are here, its been hard to find something decent. Being a beach & college town has rent expensive!
Unfortunately the condo I was hoping to rent, didn't work out. My blind client/ family friend that passed last March. Her daughter decided to sell. I don't know if she's having to split it w/ her aunt & uncle or what, but no ho for me. I really had my heart set on it trying to manifest it, etc... I jus have to hope that there's somewhere else I'm supposed to be for whatever reason. I get emails from truila & Zillow, but anything near my budget is not where I'd live, or a dump!
Too many scams on Craigslist, so don't go there to look. I really am hoping to find a place by next month. That was the goal w/ the pay off. But w/ o a roommate my budget is only about $850/mo. To be able to cover everything else, utilities, etc....
plus, after what I've been through, my next baby will have insurance! So all of that factors in. My cousin that does hair has a client that has some rentals. I got her info & going to contact her soon. She said she may have some places opening up so we'll see. 🤞🤞 I just need enough closet & storage space after coming from a 2 bdrm about 1,000 sq ft! My storage is full!
i also got a 6 person table on nextdoor for free! So, if i can, id like to keep it. Id like to be able to do some holidays, to take one off mom's plate. So 🤞
See, full! Furniture down one side boxes the other!
Getting ready for the party now, so I'll check back in tomorrow. 😊❤
IMG_20190511_132248458.jpg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas to you. I am sure little Sammie is also getting ready to party for the Christmas :)

Here's sending you all my hugs and kisses. :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful girl! I'm so sorry she wasn't with you for longer. She was very lucky to have someone who loved and cared for her the way you did.

Anniversaries are so hard, aren't they? Sending you hugs at this difficult time.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I hope 2020 brings you a better place to live and who knows, maybe another cat is waiting to walk into your life too?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is comforting to be distracted on these special anniversaries, to not dwell on the loss, but to be thankful for the time we did have with them. I believe that because of the love you can hold in your heart for those two special angels, that they were chosen to be in your life for a reason. To know how special love can be, and to be cared for and loved by you, their own special angel here on earth. They made your life whole for a time, and the love you shared will always be with you.......

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hope you had a nice time at the party last night. Sorry the condo rental didn't work out. But that gave you the extra funds to pay off that debt. Now start working on a small nest egg. And hopefully you'll find a place to live in the new year.

Since you're in a college town, one thing to consider (this came up in someone else's thread) is house-sitting when a professor goes on a year sabbatical. Not quite sure how to find out about them, but might be something to look into. Maybe mention to your clients.

Sammie was such a beauty, and I remember when she came into your life, back when you thought she was a he. I still think Angel sent her your way, and I think someday when the timing is right, Angel and Sammie will send another fur baby your way. :redheartpump::catrub:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the beautiful messages. Yes, being a busy time of year does help. I did enjoy the party last night. It was my friend who does my hair & her husband. They have a "festivis" party every year. Sometimes I feel a little akward going because its a lot of couple friends, so I've taken a friend with me before. Last night was great though. A couple of the girls from the salon came by themselves, so I had them to hang out & talk to. I had a good time.
Yes, I believe when the time is right, I will have another fur baby. After going through all I did, this time I will be going to adopt from my vet!

Not sure about the house sitting thing.
After being here for so long now, I'd like to get settled into a place of my own again.
(& Put that storage pymnt towards rent)
I have some other debt to get paid down too, as much as I can for as long as I'm still here, because once I move, I'll only be able to make the minimum payments again. Maybe $10 more, or so if I can, but nothing like I was able to do w/ the care credit. I was doing $200/ month, to get it pd off by this month. When I move, that money will be factored in as part of my rent budget. Same for my storage , which is about the same amount.
I hope everyone has a nice day today. I think I'm going to be watching some Christmas movies! 🎄