It's Been One Year Since I Lost Lily And Violet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This weekend we are going on vacation so I'll have lots of time to post then. I would like to post Lily and Violet's story. Hopefully I can post it this weekend sometime or maybe before. Anyway here is one pic I found of Lily. This is her hiding from Mittens. They loved to play with each other.
IMG_20180321_225017.jpg

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is Lily and Violet's story.
It all started in the spring of 2016 when I started helping a feral cat that had gotten hit by a car. We had ferals hanging around and we put scraps out for them but other than that we didn't so anything with them. I was too caught up in my own problems to pay any attention to them other than giving one milk when there wasn't much food out during the winter. Then one day in the spring I noticed that one of them had gotten hit and could hardly walk. I couldn't stand the sit of her hurt and hungry so I started buying cat food for her and the other cats.
About a month after I started feeding her she showed up one night with 5 kittens. Two of those kittens were Lily and Violet. Over the Summer I patiently worked with them and by the end of August I had all of the remaining kittens tamed. After they had been tamed I moved them out to the barn and set up cozy beds for them. My brother boarded up the back entrance to the barn so there wouldn't be any drafts in the winter.
Violet was probably the sweetest cat I have ever known. She was very affectionate and playful. She would let about anyone hold her. My brother loved her too and he felt really bad also when she disappeared. After she disappeared I would go out to the barn every night and sit with her siblings and cry. It broke my heart. I don't know what I would have done without the other kittens.
Lily was another very loving and sweet cat. She was my best buddy and would beg for attention. When I would pick her up she would lick my face and purr. I loved her so much! Mittens and Spots (her brothers) were my life savers when she was gone. I will be devastated when something happens to them. The one consolation is the fact that I have some more ferals and strays that I could maybe bring in sometimes like I do with Mittens.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Mittens had kittens already when she got hit by the car?
Thanks God you saved her, or the kittens would have died too!!!

Lovely story of how a feral cat and her kittens can become tamed and turn loving to humans. The power of Love can do miracles!

Thanks for the lovely story.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 - Oops sorry. Mittens is one of the brothers names. Sometimes this phone messes up. I called the mother cat Mommy Cat Lol. Yes she must have already had the kittens. I hate to think of what might have happened if I hadn't fed her. Ever since I started feeding cats I now am a feral caretaker. I have been doing it for 2 years and it's had it's share pain and joys but I wouldn't change these past two years for the world. I have no friends so these cats have helped ease my loneliness. I love them all so much! Here is a pic of the mother cat.
IMG_8457.JPG

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling bad again. When we were driving through Delaware today I saw two white cats dead along the roadside in different locations. It just made me so sad. It brought up the feelings of what happened to Lily and Violet. The what if they had been hit? Did they suffer? It hurts.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feral Cat Mom Feral Cat Mom , sorry, I misunderstood the names. You're right, Mittens was a brother of Lily's and Violet's, it was clearly explained, my fault!
What wonderful faces they have and had... Yes, it hurts when you don't know what happened :(

And I understand you. When I see a dead cat on a road I feel very very bad. Will somebody looke for it? Was it a stray or a feral?
Probably you won't believe me, or have a bad opinion of me now, but when I see a dead animal on a road I feel I hate the whole human kind! :mad:

Take care :alright:

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ohh....... This is horrible. I'm so tore up about Lily. I've been crying a lot and feel depressed. I just wish I could talk to someone but I feel awkward talking to my family and I don't want them to see me cry.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK so this may sound strange but I'm going writer a letter to Lily. For some odd reason it makes me feel closer to her. Please try not to think I'm strange.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lily,
I miss you so much. You were my life. I wish I could see you come running into my arms and that I could pick you up and have you meow and hug me around the neck like you would do. I wouldn't even mind if you climbed up my legs to get onto my shoulder, painful as it was. I wish I could stroke your soft fur and hear you purr. Lily I want to thank you for everything you did for me. You loved me no matter what. She were my comfort when days were dark and I couldn't even believe it was me that had done all of these terrible things. He would sit on my my my

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oops wasn't done. Ignore that last sentence if you could call it that. Anyway.
You would sit on my lap and rub your face on mine when I was feeling sad and wanted to cry. Lily, thank you for the wonderful 10 months I had with you. You left paw prints all over my heart. Wherever you are I love you and will never stop loving you. You will forever live in my heart. Goodbye sweet girl.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a lovely and moving letter that you wrote to Lily. I am sure she has read it too and is sending you her love and she would also like to be next to you now.
And probably she is, only that you can't see her.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you. It made me feel better. After she disappeared I would cry and talk to her in my room even though she was gone. I know it sounds strange but it helped me.

JGombs99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feral Cat Mom Feral Cat Mom , it's not strange, and you shouldn't feel judged by anyone for your feelings. Your sentiments about your kitty are beautiful, and I'm sure she's thankful for her time with you, wherever she is. Those of us who have suffered a loss understand, and I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say I'd be glad to talk anytime.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feral Cat Mom Feral Cat Mom , it's not strange, and you shouldn't feel judged by anyone for your feelings. Your sentiments about your kitty are beautiful, and I'm sure she's thankful for her time with you, wherever she is. Those of us who have suffered a loss understand, and I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say I'd be glad to talk anytime.
JGombs99 JGombs99 - Thank you! I just loved her so much and she was especially dear to me because of how she came into my life at just the right time. She was my lifesaver and she was there for me until I got back on my feet emotional and physically. Then she was gone. I just thank God I had her during those dark times.