It's Been One Year Since I Lost Lily And Violet.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So this is a hard time of the year for me because almost exactly a year ago two of my kitties disappeared. So many memories of them are flooding back to me lately. As I'm running the maple syrup tap line I remember Lily because she was my constant companion every time I went outside. She would make the daily hike up to the woods with me as I gathered sap. I remember Violet when my brother holds Mittens because she lived him and he would hold her a lot. My memories are bitter sweet but I wouldn't want it any other way. The first pic is Lily. The second pic is Violet playing in the barn. She is on top of one of the gas cans if you can't see her.
IMG_9279.JPG
IMG_8919.JPG

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How wonderfully beautiful they were!
They both disappeared on the same day? What do you think it happened? How old were they?
It must have been heartbreaking, I think I would have died...

I'm so sorry you had to part from both in such a painful way. You haven't forgotten them and they haven't forgotten you.
They're waiting for you there, where the Rainbow springs out of the green meadow.
RIP Lily and Violet!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The not knowing is far worse than actually knowing what happened. The sense of closure is not achieved and our souls long for a conclusion, one way or another.
These anniversaries DO hurt, they force us to take out all those feelings and experience them once more. The feelings of hurt, of loss, of excruciating pain seem to override the ones of love and joy we got from knowing these sweet angels sent to us to love. That is perfectly normal and a natural step in the long road to healing. But I know one thing for sure. Observing how these precious little ones approached life, their sheer joy and overflowing love they poured into every second of being alive. The pure love they bestowed upon us and the unhesitating way they gave us their hearts , is enough proof for me that they would never want us to be so sad and spend the rest of our lives in mourning because of what happened to them. If you were the first to leave I know you would want for them to go on into the future and find happiness once more. It is as we would want for all those we love and cherish. It is the same for them, they love us and want the best for us too. Someone on this site once told another in pain something so profound it found it's way to my very soul. I'm sure I don't have it word for word but it's meaning is clear...."Don't let the death be more important than the life." That is one of life's great truths, we have years (if we are fortunate) to develop a bond, to build a life and memories together, to love. But that one instance of pain and the feelings we develop from the loss, seems to shape our whole future. What happened to the joy and the happiness we built together? There has to be a way to bring it back up to the forefront. To celebrate loving those little ones and sharing their life's journey for a little while, not dwelling on the pain and our own sense of loss. It is not what they would want for the one they loved so much.
Yes, these anniversaries bring back all those should haves, could haves, and the pain that goes with it. The deeper we loved, the deeper the pain. But somewhere down there, buried below all that sadness and tears, is the happiness they brought us, the love they left us to carry into the future and to remember the love and pure joy they brought to us and left for us with a piece of their heart. They both carry a piece of your heart too, for comfort and to tie them to your soul for evermore. Because love is spiritual, so eternal and theirs is no different.
My heart goes out to you. They were beautiful little souls and you loved them so very much.This anniversary will bring them closer to your soul, use it to tell them how much they are missed, but also tell them they did well, they gave you something more precious than gold, their love and the memories that go with it. Take care...... RIP dear Lily and Violet. You will never be forgotten, you leave behind someone who will always have a place in their heart for you both. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Timmer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What lovely kitties. I am so sorry for your loss. It would be nice to believe that they have a terrific home now. Perhaps some mommy lost their baby cat and needed another to love. Not that you don't -- I'm just saying :-) You know you hear stories about people who lost someone and say the cat just walked into their life.
I wish they would have stayed with you. Anniversaries are very hard and I am dreading mine for Timmer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Antonio65 Antonio65 - They didn't disappear on the same day but I did find it a little strange that they disappeared in such a short time frame from each other. I always try to think positively about them and hope and pray that they either ended up in a good home or their deaths were quick and hopefully not very painful. They were only about 10 months old which made it more painful. I'm thankful I was able to make a difference in their lives though. I still have both of their brothers and they helped me heal after it happened.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Timmer Timmer - Yes I try to hope they are safe and well and if they are being a blessing to some poor lonely soul I wouldn't change it even though it hurts. I still have other kitties and if someone else doesn't have any and needs one I would be very happy if Lily and Violet were with them.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Talking about them helps too. I love talking about them to my mom. They were so special to me.

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lily was best buddies with her brother Mittens. Here is Lily with her brothers. Mittens is the gray tiger and Lily is the one that has her tongue out lol.
IMG_9379.JPG

Feral Cat Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to find some more pics of Lily to post. I know I have some really cute ones of her on my camera or flash drive.