It's Been Awhile!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello my friends. I rarely get a chance to hang out here anymore, so thought I'd come by while I have a couple days off & catch up w/ everyone! :hellocomputer: I miss you guys!!
Besides being much busier, I rarely get notifications anymore, since the new format, w/ the exception of P.M.'s. So, lets catch up! Sorry for the long post, just wanted to fill ya"ll in w/ everything that's been going on. :wink:

As some of you know, thanks to discovering nextdoor.com, my schedule has filled up!
I posted a month ago that I would have openings coming up, as one of my regulars was moving. Well, w/ in 2 days, I had about 7-8 people interested!! I was like :shocked:WOW!!
My clients moving, turned into a blessing! I filled both my Mondays, (Since clients get homes cleaned biweekly, I have "2 wks of clients" so to speak, & 1 monthly). So not only did I fill both Mondays, I will also be filling the Friday to take their place! It's hard work, but I am thankful to finally be doing a little better now, & have a goal of finally paying that care credit off, as well as some other things. It's also a relief to be able to start saving some money for any potential vet visits. ...Which brings me to Sammie. She is doing well. She had her annual last month, & still weighs 9 lbs. She's still sassy as ever! ..but sweet too.
So along w/ my work schedule filling up & keeping me busier, I've been helping w/ some strays as well.
There is a beautiful long hair tortie that came from a house next door. Little did I know that she had had kittens a few months ago! I saw 2 hanging around one day while taking out the trash. My landlord has a little strip of shops in front of my house. The guy at the other end owns a pawn shop. I asked him about the kitties, & he said he'd been feeding them, but couldn't keep doing it. (that "he'd already spent $30.00.") :rolleyes3: So I went & bought some food, & started doing it. I contacted a lady I had P.M.'d w/ on nextdoor.com thats in a neighborhood across the st. because she had helped get some cats over there fixed.
With her help & contacts, we were able to get all 3 fixed! Mom, & the 2 siblings that were around. This lady (Wanda) also kept them in her bathroom, away from her 6 cats, while they recooped for the wk. friends of mine gave me an adopt an angel contact, (Which I was thankful for, because when I called all the places around, everyone was full/ not taking any new, because of big kitten season!) So she got them in at Petco w/ her for a wknd a couple of wks ago, but they didn't get adopted. :( So they are back out here. Wanda made some shelters for them, but not sure if they use them or not. We have them on nextdoor.com, in hopes they will get adopted. They are approx. 6-8 months old, so we hope they can go together, since they've been together all this time. They are really sweet! Little girl is also a tortie, but has dad's short hair, & little boy is all gray w/ white medallion on his chest like dad, but longer hair like mom. I knew who dad was when I saw the little boy. Exact same color & marking, in same spot!! It's a gray boy who sometimes comes around. I've seen him visit Sammie. I'd love to trap him..he needs to be fixed, but so randomly comes around, months can go by before I see him again & is very skittish, so would have no idea when to put one out. Plus w/ Sammie going out, i'd be afraid she'd get in it. Anyway, so now you can see between increased work, & helping theses babies, why I've been so busy & MIA!
I still think about you guys & wonder how everyone is doing. :grouphug:
So if anyone around the Carolina's here are interested in adopting this brother & sister, they are really sweet kitties! I named the girl Sweetie, because she's so sweet & not shy. The little boy being gray, I named Sterling, (but like Gayson as well) he is also friendly, but a little shyer. Here are some pictures. If anyone is interested, PLEASE P.M. me. Thanks!!

IMG_20171130_165354.jpg

IMG_20171130_164605800_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171130_164659377.jpg

and here's momma. She is super sweet! She lets me love & kiss on her! If I didn't have Sammie..... (& if Sammie weren't so territorial, & could afford 2) but momma isn't up for adoption. Although If circumstances were different for me & had room/ & $ I bet the people next door would let me take her. So sad. Makes me so mad. They don't seem to fix any of their pets! They have a chihuahua that runs around sometimes unsupervised, that isn't neutered! So she hangs out in the pawn shop w/ Bill sleeping on the chair or a box.
(which I hate because he smokes, but it isn't too small a shop & at least she's inside when she wants to be).
IMG_20171129_142922361.jpg

Momma, which I'd name Honey for all those tones in her coat & she's so sweet & laid back.
The first time I was in there meeting her, she was sleeping like this. Let me walk right up & gently stroke her head, & I couldn't resist kissing it. She just purred! :hearthrob::kiss::hearthrob:
IMG_20171129_141452402.jpg

I also wanted to attach some pictures of Sammie, but had to go post from my phone.
In this first one, you can tell she was not happy w/ me. It was cool & rainy that day, so I made her stay in. Then I did this!!
IMG_20171208_141054202_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171207_191244292.jpg

Couldn't get her to sit in these & look up at me for a good shot, so snuck them around her while she was looking out.

I even decorated this, which has been out since last Feb. Door off. Thought she's hang out in there, like Angel used to, but nope! I'll put treats in the BK, & shell go in to eat them, as you can see, but then backs bk out. She's never turned around in there.
IMG_20171224_145000255.jpg

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomeback1: We've missed you! But we absolutely understand about work getting in the way, and we're glad to hear that you're prospering financially.

No, you wouldn't have been getting notifications since the site sends only one notification per thread until you actually visit the thread.

I hope you and yours had a lovely holiday; very glad to hear that Sammie is doing well.

Those are lovely strays; if I lived anywhere nearby I'd be inclined to adopt one (or more) of them, not that I have any extra money for another cat :sigh:. I'd like to take all three, actually. Was the mother checked for a microchip when she was having her surgery? Her reaction to you sounds more like a lost cat than a feral.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Margret, No, As I said in the post, momma is from the house next door who doesn't seem to fix any of their pets.
Or keep up w/ her for that matter! They don't seem like the kind I would want to confront either, so that's not happening.
That's why we have taken it upon ourselves to try & get these babies adopted.
They probably have no idea any of them were missing for a week while they were recovering.
I think Bill said the older daughter (maybe late teens or early 20's, think she has kids, because I've heard some over there......Sometimes, randomly.) came in the shop once & he told her that momma hung out in there & she said,
"You want her?' I mean who does that if they care for their pet?!!!!" :mad2: She seems to like hanging out at the shop.
Like I said, if I didn't have Sammie, Could afford another, wasn't both girls, & Sammie so territorial, runs any other cats off if near here, or dares come up on HER porch! One cool night a while back, the kittens came up on the porch,
(Sammie was in for the night, of course), & they tried to snuggle up in her bed out there, & she saw them through the window & FREAKED OUT!!! She was Hitting the glass, hissing & spitting! I'd never seen her go off like that!!
So if we can find homes for them, ...the better for them all.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the updates and stopping by to check in. Sweetie and Sterling are lovely kittens and you have been their angel guardian. :angel: Momma, aka Honey, is beautiful. I feel so badly for her too. I hope you will let us know if someone steps up and adopts her and/or her babies. :please: In the meantime, it sounds like you have your hands full with work, Sammie who looks lovely in her Santa hat :santa: and the strays. Happy & Healthy New Year!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Neely! I will keep you guys updated! Yes, I am just praying they use the shelters built for them, as it's supposed to go down to the 20's at night this week, which is pretty cold here in NC!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You cat abuser, you! How dare you make poor Sammie wear a Santa hat long enough to take a picture?! :flail::insertevillaugh:

Margret
Yeah she was not thrilled! She's got that " I hate you mommy " look on her face! :lol:
I was just looking at some stuff on Zulily, & found the "Purrrfect" T-shirt for her. It said,
"All my pants are sassy." :flail: YUP! That's my girl, "Miss Sassy Pants! When she's being sassy, I say, "Are you wearing your sassy pants today?!":lol2:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think you could actually get a tee shirt on her? I'm pretty sure I'd be shredded if I tried to put one on Jasmine.

I saw a great one at PetSmart several months ago:
Life is all fun and games, and then one day someone gets the cone of shame
(or something like that; I wish I'd gotten a picture.)

Here in Colorado the biggest seller in pet tee shirts is any shirt with the Denver Broncos logo, which, oddly enough (or not) matches the best seller in human tee shirts.

Margret

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!! No, definitely not. I'd never try that. It was just funny! Described her Purrrfectly!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hey you! Sounds like you're keeping busy! Stop by when you can take a breather.

Those cats are beautiful, Kelly. I'd take the mama if we lived closer. She's like a more diluted version of our Ms. Pepe. Such a pretty girl.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful cats. They are blessed to have you helping them. I would love to have another one, but we have agreed to not add anymore. Let us hear from you from time to time.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you are doing well and keeping so busy! Those cats are lucky to have you looking after them Momma cat is so pretty and sweet looking.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ladies! :biggrin: I miss all of you guys! I will try to check in more from time to time.
Yes, I'm in love with momma /Honey. She is so pretty & sweet! Sweetie is to, as her name claims. ;)
I walked over that way where they are today to take the trash out & check on them, & Sweetie was following me around.
Poor girl, just wanted some attention. Of course I picked her up & gave her some luv'ns Walked into the pawn shop, to see if momma was there, & as usual, she was sleeping in a chair. I had to try & make sure Sweetie didn't follow me back home. I was afraid Sammie might see her & chase after her. Last night when I went to unplug Christmas lights for the porch, Momma was in Sammie's bed out there. She saw her through the window, & threw a FIT!!
Her bed out there is the bottom of an old broken carrier (the gate broke ) w/ towels in it. I saved the top for some reason, in case I needed it, so I grabbed it out from under the massage table, & I had also saved an electric blanket that just stopped working this yr. so it was nice & heavy for warmth. I put them together & put them down under my stairs where there would be shelter. I tried to put her in there, but she just took off. I checked it today, & looks like "maybe" it was used. theres a little dirt on the blanket, so maybe... I am really worried about them. It's going down in the 20's at night this week! Possible flurries on Monday. Maybe the lady that kept them after their spays & neuter can come & get them & take them in for those few nights. I know she already has 6 cats of her own, so not sure she can.
She checks on them sometimes too. I'll have to get back on w my phone & post the picture I have of under the stairs, & show you. They'd be ok if they went in there at night when Sammie is inside. It's still going to be too cold out for them to be outside anyway. I really wish I owned my own home, had a bigger one w/ room to help them, & a not so territorial kitty! :sigh:.........one day.

Ok, here is the picture I took today. The box is from my air purifier I got around 2 yes ago, & did this w/ it & left the paper in it for any strays. Hoping they'd find this shelter, if needed. I put an old towel in it a couple of wks ago. I'm not sure it's ever been used. I put the "bed" I made last night on front of it. It looks like it was laid in. I tried to tent the blanket, like a teepee so she could get in it, but looks like she laid on it. So maybe. :thumbsup:
IMG_20171227_134809185.jpg

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm stopping in with some great news!
First of all, when we had those really cold nights a couple of weeks ago, & we did get about 3 inches of snow, with ice underneath from all the rain before.
The lady that had been helping me, did come & pick the kitties up to take home & keep inside for a few days & nights, so I was relieved about that. I was really worried if they'd use the shelter under my stairs or not. I took Bill at the pawn shop a litter box that was pretty much new, ( was too short for Angels long body) so had it in the shed. I also took a few toys that were new or pretty new, that Sammie had no interest in. Wanda brought Bill some litter & a scoop. We did all of this so he would keep momma cat inside during the cold weather. I also reminded him that ears & little paws can get Frost bite quickly.
SO, ....and now for THE news!
Both babies were adopted.. TOGETHER! :hyper: :bliss:I was SO happy!
Answered prayers indeed!
It happened last Thursday. Wanda told me a lady who had just lost her cat in July was coming to look at them. Well, that evening she text me, & said they were in their new home! I was happy, but also a little sad & miffed that she didn't let me Know when she came, since it's right by me. I would've liked to get to say goodbye to them. :( ...but I am happy for them.
I was especially glad they went to a home w/o any other cats. I was worried about someone not knowing how, or doing proper introductions. I didn't want them to be in a bad situation & unhappy & maybe bullied the rest of thier lives. Anyway, so it all worked out. ALL answered prayers!! :agree:
Wanda did say that she'd fwd me any pictures the lady sends her.
Well, finally, yesterday she sent one! I was so happy I cried! It was obvious they were in a good home. Funny, I had just dreamt that they were out on my porch.
Here's the picture! :)
IMG952692.jpeg

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just completed the post above. For some reason I think I hit something, or my phone did something, & it posted before I finished.
Now it's done, complete w/ picture! :thumbsup: