It's Been Awhile...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi y'all,

I know it's been a long time since I've visited TCS.
Mainly because I had some health issues to contend with, and there were also some TCS personal-related issues involved. I'm hoping to stick around awhile this time.

I've really missed a lot of you, and I hope everyone & all their furkids are doing fine.
All my furkids are doing well - with the exception of Ricochet. A few weeks ago I had to take him into the vet cuz I noticed he was making numerous trips to the litterbox and not being productive. It turns out that he has developed urinary crystals, and now has to be on a special diet. The vet also noticed a heart murmur, which he though may have been caused from Ricochet being sick & stressed: I have to take him into to be rechecked for that sometime this month. I'm hoping & praying that the heart murmur will not end up being anything serious.
Everyone one else is doing okay - even my FIP cats which are all still on the Interferon treatment. I had to start Jinxy on the Interferon too cuz she started having problems also.
But she's been all right since I started giving her the Interferon.

I'm still involved with ferals/strays/rescuing as much as possible. Last year was a bad one: I lost several strays due to some cat disease that was highly contagious.
But I was also able to save several, too.
One of the ferals had kittens somewhere and abandoned one of her babies, so I'm having to bottle-feed it. But as some of you already know, it's not the first time.

It's good to be back, and hopefully, I'll be sticking around this time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome back! I was wondering about you, too. I'm sorry about Ricochet; hopefully, he'll be feeling better with the change in food. And I'm glad Jinxy is feeling better.

I'm really glad to "see" you again.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Tiff!! :grphug: !!! So great to see your post! We have missed you around these parts!! :lol3: I hope the diet change will help Ricochet to feel better and clear up those crystals. Also, glad to hear that the Interferon is working well for your FIP kitties. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for Jinxy too. :rub:

A warm welcome back and do "stick" around!!! ;) :D :hugs: :wavey:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, y'all. It's good to be back! 
And I appreciate the kind thoughts.

When did you move to Indiana, Lauren? I've got so much catching up to do! I guess it serves me right for going missing for so long!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Tiff! :wavey: :hugs:

Aw, I'm sorry about Ricochet. But so glad to hear the interferon is working for Jinxy! :rub:

On our end, Lazlo is approaching 1.5 years in remission from the cancer. :D :D :D (See me grinning? :lol3: ). Everyone else is doing fine. We rescued a couple of kittens in June and we brought a virus home that's circulating through the cats, but it just puts them off their food with upset tummies. :rolleyes:

And we can pet Chumley with hands now. He's got a monster purr!

Welcome back! You've been missed. :grphug2:

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tiff!

Aw, I'm sorry about Ricochet. But so glad to hear the interferon is working for Jinxy!

On our end, Lazlo is approaching 1.5 years in remission from the cancer.
(See me grinning?
). Everyone else is doing fine. We rescued a couple of kittens in June and we brought a virus home that's circulating through the cats, but it just puts them off their food with upset tummies.

And we can pet Chumley with hands now. He's got a monster purr!

Welcome back! You've been missed.
Thanks, Laurie!
It's good to be back!
I've missed y'all, too!

I'm glad to hear that all your gang are doing well!
And I hear ya about the cat virus thing: Unfortunately, I lost several of my strays/ferals last year to some kind of cat virus thing that was going around & highly contagious.
But gratefully, I was also able to save several of them due to diligence and a devoted, kind-hearted, loving vet
(whom you may recall me speaking of her previously).

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I remember, and having a vet like that makes all the difference in the world. Losing our ferals is just as difficult. :rbheart: :grphug2: :grphug2: :gprhug2: I'm so glad you were able to save some of them though. That helps the heart and makes it (a little bit) easier. :heart3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When did you move to Indiana, Lauren? I've got so much catching up to do! I guess it serves me right for going missing for so long! :emba: :anon:
I, too, am glad that you were able to save some of the cats because of your wonderful vet. :heart3: So glad you have one of those. :nod:

We moved just after Christmas! It was a crazy holiday season for us. We are so very happy here and the commute for Larry to work went from 4 hours a day to 1 1/2 hours! He can sleep an hour later and he gets home an hour earlier now!! He also has a co-worker that he drives with. They take turns each week trading off with driving. Saves a bunch in gas money! :D He is a happy guy for sure. I have a thread somewhere here in the CL that I started recently with some outdoor pictures. It is really a lovely, wooded lot. I am so glad that you are back, Tiff. How is your back? How is Randall? :vibes:

Last edited:

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember, and having a vet like that makes all the difference in the world. Losing our ferals is just as difficult.
:gprhug2: I'm so glad you were able to save some of them though. That helps the heart and makes it (a little bit) easier.
Yeah, I definitely feel  better when I'm able to save any of them, but I'll be honest: it breaks my heart when I lose one of them, too.
You wouldn't think it was possible, but you become almost as attached to the strays as you do your own, and grieve their loss almost as much as you would one of your own. I've tried to stay detached from them as much as possible, but I just don't have it in me I guess.
I guess if I was able to stay detached, I wouldn't be worried about taking care of them in the first place. There are three right now that I'd love to take in: Kalahari, Dynamo, and "My Boy" (I haven't thought of a name for him yet). It takes every ounce of willpower I have NOT to take them in! The thing that holds me back is my fear of exposing my FIP cats to anything. I'd never be able to forgive myself if I adopted any of the strays and something ended up happening to any of the furkids I already have...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I, too, am glad that you were able to save some of the cats because of your wonderful vet.
So glad you have one of those.

We moved just after Christmas! It was a crazy holiday season for us. We are so very happy here and the commute for Larry to work went from 4 hours a day to 1 1/2 hours! He can sleep an hour later and he gets home an hour earlier now!! He also has a co-worker that he drives with. They take turns each week trading off with driving. Saves a bunch in gas money!
He is a happy guy for sure. I have a thread somewhere here in the CL that I started recently with some outdoor pictures. It is really a lovely, wooded lot. I am so glad that you are back, Tiff. How is your back? How is Randall?
I'm so glad that you are both happy where you're at now and that things are better for you!
How did all the gang take to the move?

Sadly, my back has gotten much worse.
I have to go to the chiropractor at least once a week now just to get anything done. But I reckon things could always be worse: at least I'm not in a wheelchair yet...

I won't even get started on Randall..LOL

ETA: BTW, how is your dog doing, Lauren? (I don't recall his name: only that it starts with a "W"
). He was the one you considered your "Maverick", and he was getting old & had some health problems. Is he doing okay?

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sorry about your back....I know how difficult it is to try to get anything done when your back hurts. I'm glad the chiropractor is able to help you.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad that you are both happy where you're at now and that things are better for you! :clap: :woo: How did all the gang take to the move?

Sadly, my back has gotten much worse. :sigh: I have to go to the chiropractor at least once a week now just to get anything done. But I reckon things could always be worse: at least I'm not in a wheelchair yet...

I won't even get started on Randall..LOL :lol3:

ETA: BTW, how is your dog doing, Lauren? (I don't recall his name: only that it starts with a "W" :anon: :blush2: ). He was the one you considered your "Maverick", and he was getting old & had some health problems. Is he doing okay? :cross: :heart3:
The drive from IL to IN was just awful for the three P's especially. Presley, Perkins and Perla. The screams that came out of them were beyond terror and it actually made me cry the whole way. Walden and Wendall, not a peep. They were in shock, I guess, having to listen to the three P's screams. Pipsqueak just a few mews here and there. They all adjusted rather quickly to the new home. Lots and lots of windows for bird watching. They enjoy racing from window to window chasing the squirrels as they run along the sides of the house. We are all doing just great, thanks. :hugs:

WILBUR :heart3: :heart4: My baby boy is doing incredibly well all things considered. I started him on the Classic Transfer Factor six weeks ago and I honestly think it has improved how he feels. Also, found out he was hypothyroid and he is on thyroid medication. I found a great vet. Yeah, he is to me like your :rbheart: Maverick was/is to you. :nod: Thanks for asking.

Not good news about your back, Tiff. I am sorry about that. Maybe you need the chiropractor more than once a week. And, for no news on Randall, I guess that means he is still doing alright other than driving you batty. :wife: :dizzy: :lol3:

Last edited:

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The drive from IL to IN was just awful for the three P's especially. Presley, Perkins and Perla. The screams that came out of them were beyond terror and it actually made me cry the whole way. Walden and Wendall, not a peep. They were in shock, I guess, having to listen to the three P's screams. Pipsqueak just a few mews here and there. They all adjusted rather quickly to the new home. Lots and lots of windows for bird watching. They enjoy racing from window to window chasing the squirrels as they run along the sides of the house. We are all doing just great, thanks.

WILBUR
My baby boy is doing incredibly well all things considered. I started him on the Classic Transfer Factor six weeks ago and I honestly think it has improved how he feels. Also, found out he was hypothyroid and he is on thyroid medication. I found a great vet. Yeah, he is to me like your
Maverick was/is to you.
Thanks for asking.

Not good news about your back, Tiff. I am sorry about that. Maybe you need the chiropractor more than once a week. And, for no news on Randall, I guess that means he is still doing alright other than driving you batty.
I know what you mean about about moving such a distance and having the furkids being so upset.
I went through the same thing with Maverick & Gabriel when I moved from Wisconsin to Texas. The poor guys were scared out of their minds the first couple of hundred miles, but thankfully settled down after awhile. I felt just horrible about it.
Then to top it all off it got really hot the closer we got to Texas and I was worried they'd have heat stroke or something cuz I had no a/c in my truck. I ended up throwing ice in the carrier for them, which thankfully, cooled them off.

I'm so glad to hear that Wilbur is doing better!
I know how worried you were about him for awhile. God willing, he'll still continue to be with you for a long time to come!

Yeah, I'd really like to go see my chiropractor more than once a week cuz she does help me, but I'm worried if I go too much Medicare won't pay for it: they're getting really strict about what they'll pay for.
And I can't afford it on my own, so I try to go just enough to be able to get things done.
I'm worried that before too much longer I won't be able to take care of the strays - especially when I have to bottle-feed the abandoned babies.
I just keep praying to God to help me get through it: My furkids & the strays are my main concern.

As far as Randall is concerned, driving me batty is the nice way of putting it!
Let's just put it this way: when this place is paid off, he can either buy my half, or we can sell it and go our separate ways...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really sorry about your back....I know how difficult it is to try to get anything done when your back hurts. I'm glad the chiropractor is able to help you.
 Yeah, it sucks, all right.
But I reckon there are worse things...

Thanks, Winchester. I appreciate your concern.