It's Been An Year...

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all. I have no idea why i'm writing this right now but i think i just have to take it all out?

I had a cat, Oreo. He was one of the most sweetest and most amazing cats. He was my best friend. He was really special to me.
Last year, in April, he went outside and had a fight with a stray cat. (Oreo was an indoor/outdoor cat, because my grandfather had a rule - if someone in the house gets a cat, the cat can NOT be an indoor-only cat. He believed that cats are free and natural outdoor animals).
Anyways, after Oreo had a fight, his neck started swelling. Mum and i went to the vet, the vet gave some ointments and medicines. A few days after that, his neck burst open? I don't know if that's the correct word. There was a huge hole and so much blood. He was in so much pain.

We went to the vet's clinic again, the vet cleaned him up and gave him a few injections. Oreo really was getting better after that.
But suddenly, on April 27th, he was just laying down, not eating or drinking water. Then i noticed something - his eyes and nose were bleeding. It was 11 pm and we rushed to the vet's clinic. The vet checked him up and said there was NOTHING he can do, it was really heartbreaking. But the next day, everything seemed fine. He was eating normally. I thought he will be okay.
But then, the next day, April 29th, he passed away. He was right outside my house, i'm still not sure how he went out but he did, and passed away there.

It still hurts when i realise he will never come back. If only i knew that he's gonna leave, i would've told him that day how much i love him.. I miss him so much.

This is Oreo, my angel cat. :rbheart:

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
:( im sorry that he died like that, Oreo looks so handsome. Its sad to loose a best friend and companion. I am sure oreo is in heaven watching over you, in a place where he isn't suffering anymore. And i know the feeling of expecting them to be there and realizing that they aren't coming back anymore to greet and be petted by us and to comfort us , i am still adjusting to my two cats not being there :( I recently had crappy few months since they passed where i just want to hug them, but they aren't there and it sucks not having them there cause they always made me smile just being there doing their own thing playing and just hanging around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Leomc123 Leomc123 Thank you for your kind words.

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

I remember Oreo hated whenever i was upset. He would sit beside me, purring. He's in a happy place now, that's the only thing that makes me happy when i remember him. But still, i miss him a lot.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. Grief does not count the months or years since the loss. It lingers until we are ready to really let go of the hurt and sadness and even guilt. Sometimes grief remains but you would not know it, until a familiar sound or smell comes by. It's only been a year. We cannot rush healing as healing is a process. Just hang in there, and find consolation that your cat is now free from any physical pain he had to endure.

Until you meet again.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote There are only memories left now, of my precious cat. Not having him around anymore hurts so much.. But I know it will pass and i won't be too sad anymore. But he'll have a special place in my heart, forever.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oreo, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

Darlin', it takes as long as it takes, and we don't "get over," we just "get through." I will tell you this, though, and it is the deepest Truth I know: love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always and forever Love abides. That part of Oreo that was his great love for you remains with you forever. He is beside you, no longer in a form you can see or hear, but he is there.

WinniesMomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. He was handsome. And as others have said, you don't really ever get over it, you just eventualy learn to live with it. I know he is still with you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We can't change the past, the only way is forward. Precious Oreo had a good home and someone to love him, he was content. He will forever be at peace now because the love you hold for him will be with him, and you, forever, held securely in a loving heart. Since love is spiritual, it is eternal, "death cannot take that which never dies" and you know that is true because of that love. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, living on through you now. You have a bond that was formed link by link by love.
These anniversaries are painful reminders of our loss. But they are also reminders of the love that was shared, of the joy those little ones brought into our lives. Those memories are what we should concentrate on, because as we would want for them if we were the first to go, so they want for us. To spread their love, to share it with others, to help it grow, to be added to. It is unique, cannot ever be duplicated, but can be grown by adding more right along beside it. Do not hide it in a cold, grieving place.
That sweet boy shared your life's journey for a little while, and though he follows a new path now it will forever parallel your own. Share with him your prayers, the happiness you find in life. In this way you keep him alive and content.
My heart goes out to you. I know how much these anniversaries hurt. Time is teh only thing that helps, and time will bring you peace. RIP dear Oreo, you will never be forgotten!

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , WinniesMomma WinniesMomma , di and bob di and bob , Thank you so much for your kind words.

The saddest thing is, he lived only three years. He was too young. He passed away few weeks after we celebrated his 3rd birthday. We were so happy on his birthday, we didn't thought he will leave us this soon.

Even though he's gone, he'll always be in my heart..