It's been a year since loosing Oscar

adventuregirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's been a little over a year since loosing Oscar. I only had a short time with that sweet boy, but we had a deep bond. I was blessed beyond blessed to have him. We truly rescued each other. He helped me so much with my depression and anxiety. I thought loosing him would send me back into the downward spiral of depression again. But he helped me heal enough that I am ok. And that is amazing. So I am writing a tribute to the cat who helped me heal and brought back my joy. Rest in peace sweet boy.
IMG_20180519_125648055.jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He did his job well if he helped heal you of the mental issues, and as you said you rescued each other, same as me and Sylvester who helped heal me after Sebastian suddenly died in my arms 11/23/15 which is only two days away. It is so tough to lose them, we know that they don't live forever (except in our hearts and minds) and when we lose them we are devastated, but we slowly move on and heal.

You will always remember him and what he did for you and vice versa, and when you meet again it will be wonderful. And perhaps when the time is right you will care for another one in need, I think Oscar would really like that. :rbheart:

Grayson’s Mummy Julia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh what a purrfect pic of the two of you! I think a lot of us on here have ‘therapy animals’
Gray is my true soul cat.
We have gone through many ups and downs the last 9 yrs.
Many tears have been shed on his fur.
He gives me support like no human ever could.
Thank you so much for giving Oscar a wonderful life.
And I agree with les26 les26 that I am sure there is another fur baby who would love you as their mama when you are ready ❤❤

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cat's are just so special and Oscar was one of them. He didn't need long to do what was needed and you gave him what he needed. I can see so much love in the picture you posted and as les26 les26 said when the time is right you can give that love again. Oscar thank you for bringing happiness sweet boy. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are the keepers of our souls. They fill our lives with such love and happiness that when they leave it tears a huge hole in our existence. That hole is hard to fill, but in time and lots of it, it eventually heals to the point we can face living as we should once more.
You are honoring Oscar's memory by remembering the special moments and keeping him in your present through thoughts and prayers. It is a good thing to celebrate these anniversaries, not with sadness and longing for what cannot be, but in true joy that his being in your life made a difference. He showed you what love can truly be, his journey on this earth will be remembered forever, he will always be close at hand......"Cats are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole".....Rip dear Oscar!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oscar, dream you deep. Well done, little fur friend, very well done. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a formidable team the two of you were! And in many ways, still are. This is the deepest truth I know, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, translated and purified into Love. And Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. One day, you will see a cat, and a little voice that you recognize will whisper, "THAT one! He is OURS!" Oscar will be there, cheering you on.

wily1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss, I also have an orange cat named Tim. I rescued him as a kitten and he has repaid me ten times over. I'm single and just having Tim got me through a double whammy three years ago when I had to have surgery on my foot and then my father lost his six year fight with cancer a couple of weeks later and this was all
just before Christmas (dads funeral was December 17th). Being single he was a great source of comfort for me.

Oscar looked like such a handsome and contented kitty, I can tell by the look on his face that he loved you and his life with you.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
So I am writing a tribute to the cat who helped me heal and brought back my joy.
This made me cry. He was one very special cat with very special abilities. I have also one now (Bourbon) and among my cats she is the one who keeps me from going so deep down when I am at my lowest. Thank the universe for cats!