It's Been 5 Months

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Five months ago my amazing Vincie girl crossed over and I miss her so much. Some days I'm ok, trying to keep Big Cal
happy but I'm having a delayed reaction,,,,,,been crying a lot, not eating as much. I guess grieving comes like waves.
We used to dance a lot as she was only 8 lbs and less while she was ill.

We danced to this a lot. Miss you so much my baby girl.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
No one knows how long we grieve individually for our lost beloved one. Only time will tell. It will take months, to some even years.

I lost my first pet (a dog) at aged 19 on my birthday and I still cry for him buckets when I think of him, after 20+ years. Imagine that.

My heart goes out to you. Smile, and I am sure your precious Vincie will smile with you. :)

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it certainly comes in waves I know that feeling well. I lost my Tik on the 15th of August. I know that the pain of loss does get better but we never forget. I'm sure your girl is with my boy both looking down on us probably asking each other why we are so upset because they know how loved they was. Hang in there sending hugs🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
. I'm sure your girl is with my boy both looking down on us probably asking each other why we are so upset because they know how loved they was. Hang in there sending hugs🤗
Oh I am sure she is. She loved good-looking men!!💝

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told by both my pastor and a psychologist friend that it takes about 1.5 years before we truly start to feel "better" after we have experienced a tough loss and I have found that to be pretty accurate.

And my wife still has a hard time talking about our dog Rusty, she tears up all the time and he passed in 1995, so yes it stays with us!

Hang in there my friend, it is tough I know, we are all here for you..... :alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your pain is as strong as your love. There is no set time on how long to grieve, or how hard, it is what it is. And it DOES come back in waves just like the ocean, the beginning of all life. Calm and beautiful one moment, lulling you into a sense that you WILL survive all this, and then WHAM! A tsunami of emotions and pain can overtake you in an instant and destroy all you have accomplished. 5 months is not long at all. Your emotions are still raw, your home and heart too empty. It takes a long time to fill that hole, and you will always know it was there, because even when you are healed, there will always be a scar. Try not to dwell on what cannot be changed. Concentrate instead on being thankful for what you gained, a love so powerful it will always be a part of you. A love like that is a treasure, a gift, one that Vincie Girl bestowed upon you. Though she now follows a new path, that love will always be a part of you, a part of your very being.......

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Five months ago my amazing Vincie girl crossed over and I miss her so much.
We are right there with you. Having lost a beloved friend especially when it's a cat who gave you unconditional love takes a piece of your heart with them. Please know that she will be in your memories forever and we are here to support you in anyway we can.:grouphug:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I have said it before and Deb keeps telling me "don't think about that, just love him up while he's here" but I DREAD the day that I lose Sylvester, what he means to me and represents, how we both helped each other out of bad situations, how he follows me like a dog, how we play string toys, I think I will die too......

I know it doesn't help to think about it but I know I will probably be unconsolable when that day comes, I hope it isn't for quite awhile yet.

So I know how you feel, having lost 6 over the years.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, my dear friends. Your words mean so much. I'm sitting here crying so hard I awoke Cal and
now she's staring at me with such concern. I try to not weep in front of her but she's always around, my
darling big, sweet, Maine Coon baby. Love you guys!!!💝xxxxx

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Darlin, we do not "get over" the loss of a loved one, no matter how many legs they had, we only "get through" it. I am 66 years old, and we had to have my beautiful "doggy sister" put to sleep when I was 21. FORTY FIVE YEARS LATER, there are still moments when the fact that that sweet black shadow is no longer at my feet kicks me in the guts, and I feel the tears start. I think it always will. Those moments are not nearly as frequent as they used to be, but they are still there. I don't grieve for her, but for myself, no longer having her. And there are so many cats (and a dog or two) in my lifetime that I have that reaction with, as well, but she was the first, and therefore the hardest.

And that said, after some time, I found that my sweet memories of her no longer hurt, and were stronger and more present than the memories of the loss. It will come, in time. And, come to think of it, it may have taken about 1.5 years! Hang in there...you're nearly 1/3 of the way now. Until then, and indeed forever, we are here.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Darlin, we do not "get over" the loss of a loved one, no matter how many legs they had, we only "get through" it. I am 66 years old, and we had to have my beautiful "doggy sister" put to sleep when I was 21. FORTY FIVE YEARS LATER, there are still moments when the fact that that sweet black shadow is no longer at my feet kicks me in the guts, and I feel the tears start. I think it always will. Those moments are not nearly as frequent as they used to be, but they are still there. I don't grieve for her, but for myself, no longer having her. And there are so many cats (and a dog or two) in my lifetime that I have that reaction with, as well, but she was the first, and therefore the hardest.

And that said, after some time, I found that my sweet memories of her no longer hurt, and were stronger and more present than the memories of the loss. It will come, in time. And, come to think of it, it may have taken about 1.5 years! Hang in there...you're nearly 1/3 of the way now. Until then, and indeed forever, we are here.
Thank you. I love you guys!💝

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I have said it before and Deb keeps telling me "don't think about that, just love him up while he's here" but I DREAD the day that I lose Sylvester, what he means to me and represents, how we both helped each other out of bad situations, how he follows me like a dog, how we play string toys, I think I will die too......

I know it doesn't help to think about it but I know I will probably be unconsolable when that day comes, I hope it isn't for quite awhile yet.

So I know how you feel, having lost 6 over the years.
Les, Deb is right. Love and enjoy him now.:hugs:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I imagine myself looking down to my beloved after the Day.

I imagine what I will tell them, if I could: My friends, please enjoy your life! Do not think to me, as I am well where I am!

Hugs and tears!

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It will get easier in time. I I have never forgotten any of my cats that passed (7). They were all special.

I dont even want to say "were special"......... years latter I still want to say "are special" as I cant fully let go.

Ive just learnt to manage.

One day at a time.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been only five months. Of course you are still grieving. The pain of losing your sweet Vincie girl is still so raw. You will grieve for quite awhile and will miss her forever. I am still grieving for the loss of my Mickey and it has been over five years. I think I will grieve for him forever. Just know that your Vincie girl knows how much she was loved and she took that love with her and left her love with you to keep in your heart forever!
Please take care!