Its a Guy Thing

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of making an offer on this car.
But undecided whether to restore or race.
It will be a pig on the track but a lot of fun..be good in historic competition..
Restore I would make my money back 3 times over..good for the retirement fund..lol
But the boy in me wants to race..decisions decisions..lol

What do you guy,s think?

20200114_092657.jpg

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you do both? Race it for a couple of years then restore it. I know nothing about cars or racing so I'm not sure if you can have your cake and eat it too 🍰 :dunno:

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, it's not necessarily a guy thing!

Both racing and restoration are expensive. If you race, you risk losing your investment to a wreck, and at some time, major damage IS going to occur. Engines have to constantly be rebuilt or even completely replaced, there are new tires for every race, special fuel, entry fees. You better have deep pockets if you really want to race it.

On the other hand, restoration is a long and tedious process, from finding parts to fabricating them (frowned upon) to making sure details and paints and interior colors are accurate. A really good restoration can take years and many thousands of dollars.

Are you willing to spend money racing you may never get back or do you want to put that money that in all truth, you will probably never finish?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.. It all was taken out of my hands...a car collector with very deep pockets offered more money than I could afford for the car.
Thought I had first option.
Oh well..just a crazy idea anyway.