It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a guy in our bowling team who is going through hard times, unemployed, barely able to afford bowling week to week.
We help him out when he is running short and he does his best to pay us back.
The team has bowled really well and got ourselves up into second place against the top team who has 3 pro bowlers so we got the League president to bundle up all our prize monies and give it to this guy so he can afford to have his young kids stay with him for at least a couple of weeks over the Christmas holidays and get some presents for the kids.
Lots of tears last night.
Feels good to give.
That is truly a great thing to do.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a guy in our bowling team who is going through hard times, unemployed, barely able to afford bowling week to week.
We help him out when he is running short and he does his best to pay us back.
The team has bowled really well and got ourselves up into second place against the top team who has 3 pro bowlers so we got the League president to bundle up all our prize monies and give it to this guy so he can afford to have his young kids stay with him for at least a couple of weeks over the Christmas holidays and get some presents for the kids.
Lots of tears last night.
Feels good to give.
That was such a good thing you did for your friend. All of you must be great guys.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is truly a great thing to do.
That was such a good thing you did for your friend. All of you must be great guys.
He is a great guy always happy and full of fun doesnt matter whats happening..
We have an ulterior motive though...we want him on our team next year..coming second for 3 years is to much to take and he is a really good bowler..we need him. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone bailed on the plans I made so I'm taking myself out for a change. I came downtown to see White Christmas at an old movie theater. Currently sitting in a Starbucks eating a croissant and drinking rose tea.
Too bad I don't live closer or I would have loved to join you. Seeing White Christmas in an old movie theater followed by a stop at Starbucks sounds like a perfect Saturday outing to me. :hugs:

We're planning to go to a vegan/vegetarian holiday pop up market in the city today. Lots of vendors, delicious food/desserts and good vibes in an old but contemporary neighborhood.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Freezing rain is falling, making my deck a skating rink, Callie wouldn't venture out. I may have to buy her tiny boots, ha!
My helper adores her and brought her a scratching post but Cal is afraid of it, poor baby!! Sherry, helper, has been in a
good mood and I don't know why but I'll take it.

I had her pick up a quart of sausage gravy and 6 biscuits yesterday, sooo good!! My nephew sent down his famous fruit salad
and Nicole sent her amazing stuffed peppers with sharp cheddar melted on top, yum!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a little privately owned creperie
What's that? Fancy pancakes?

eggs benedict
With Hollandaise sauce? I've never had that.

croissant and drinking rose tea.
Is that a donut or a roll? I think I've had croissant rolls or crescent rolls. Rose tea sounds fancy!

vegan/vegetarian holiday pop up market in the city
I bet that was fun. I wish I lived in the city.

My helper adores her and brought her a scratching post
Sounds like she's being nicer. Maybe the agency spoke to her about it?

My positive for today is that December is nearly over, so we are slowly getting closer to spring. Hurry up 50 degree weather, so I can go for my walks again! 🌞

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a small restaurant that specializes in crepes
I don't think I ever had a crepe. Or if I did, I don't remember it.

A Croissant looks like a crescent roll only larger. Very soft and flakey and slightly sweet.
I'll have to try them again, because I've forgotten what they taste like. :think:

If the hollandaise is flavorful
I'll have to try making that...someday....:thumbsup:

My positive for today is that a family member gave me a brand new "puffer jacket". I never bought one before because I didn't think they were very feminine/stylish. But it is so warm & comfortable! I will never buy another kind now, I love it so much. It's a bright color I never would have picked, but it is pretty, a blue-green color, teal I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.