It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Racing season over for another year..can rest back and have a few weekends to myself and catch up on heaps to do around the house.
Time to time out and look at the scenery after every one gone and enjoy peace and quiet instead of screaming tyres and revving engines. :chillpill:
The people toys are getting put away..lol

20191207_104615.jpg
20191207_104709.jpg

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Ducks handled the Utes no problem, Oregon has always been a contender... but the bowl games will be a different matter with the strongest teams moving forward. They changed the college football rules awhile ago, and I haven't kept up with all the changes, but I'd love to see a match between Clemson and LSU, two powerhouses this season with strong players on both sides of the ball (offense & defense). Meh, we'll see what happens, I don't care as long as the matches are close, Hawaii just scored with a 47-yard FG in this game I'm watching, but some of today's matches proved to be boring and I changed the channel, LOL. When all else fails, there's the Surf Channel on TV Plus, though I feel like a bit of a poser when I watch this channel in the high desert, 500 miles from the coast, LOL. 🏄‍♂️

Meh, brings back good memories of living in Coronado before that burg got ruined... big surf there on occasion, some years saw monster surf which made the magazines and everything. I still remember monster waves in '78 and '83, the storm in '78 led to the partial destruction of the I.B. Pier (Imperial Beach, most southwesterly city in the Lower 48), and we burned parts of that pier in fire rings in Coronado after they washed up in the eddy. Including one HUGE section of the pier which washed up, took a dozen of us to haul it down to the fire rings in steps, and it burned for three days straight, no lie. Ah, yes, those were the days... my best friend's dad (now deceased) and his pals collected truckloads of Christmas trees after the holiday one year, and the resulting beach bonfire was 50' high, LOL. :fireblob:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Racing season over for another year..can rest back and have a few weekends to myself and catch up on heaps to do around the house.
Time to time out and look at the scenery after every one gone and enjoy peace and quiet instead of screaming tyres and revving engines. :chillpill:
The people toys are getting put away..lol

View attachment 311175View attachment 311176
Is that your car?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Alas, I’m afraid I’m not a Ducks fan. Are you also from Oregon? Well anyway we’re all feline fans 😆👍🏼
No, not from Oregon, but love the northwest. My sister lived in Eugene and one of my daughters did an internship in Portland. I've visited OR many times and always enjoy it. Yes, I completely agree. we're definitely all feline fans. :agree:

I'm looking forward to a friend's Annual White Elephant party today. We have so much fun and there's a prize for the best gift. Eat, drink and be merry! :banana2:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Despite the cloudy skies and slight drizzle, I'm having another enjoyable Sunday morning, sharing quality time with the kittehs:

IMG_6629.JPG IMG_6630.JPG IMG_6631.JPG IMG_6632.JPG IMG_6633.JPG IMG_6634.JPG IMG_6635.JPG IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6637.JPG IMG_6638.JPG

Whoa, Saints & 49ers on TV, my cue to exit stage left... :running:

P.S. In that walk-in closet cat cave pic, Little Miss Mulligan has been following the bad example set by Phoenix, chewing on the corner of that cardboard box. Meh, nothing of great value in that box, so let 'em chew on it, that's better than chewing on my $1100 leather motorized reclining sofa, LOL. :cutecat:

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The first pic is one of 2 my friend and I run , the other is another friends car.
The other car we have is a Nissan Godzilla that we use when we get tired of serious competing and want to have fun burning up tyres,
making lots of noise and generally scaring the crap out of ourselves. :)
Sounds like a lot of fun! 🏎

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pretty good day, sharing quality time with the kittehs... I also watched football and put two new weatherproof covers on the rooftop evaporative coolers (which I do NOT use since I have three functional AC units for warm weather). I'll simply keep those rooftop coolers covered year-round, they're more trouble than they're worth. I had a big bowl of turkey soup for dinner, along with a buttered roll... that soup was filling and I'm ready to crash, I'm just watching the last few moments of the Sunday night game. The cats have already crashed, here are some shots of those knucklehaids taken earlier today:

IMG_6664.JPG IMG_6665.JPG IMG_6666.JPG IMG_6667.JPG IMG_6669.JPG IMG_6670.JPG IMG_6673.JPG IMG_6674.JPG IMG_6675.JPG IMG_6676.JPG

Three kittehs on "the tail thing" at one time, a new record! I'm beginning to think Little Miss Mulligan is younger than I first thought, maybe only 6-7 months old instead of 8-9 months, she still acts very much like a wide-eyed young kitten. Makes no difference to me, she'll have a home here regardless of her age. She sure is a little cutie... and so funny when she chases Tiger & Crackhead round the house! Those two cats are twice her size, but Little Miss Molly means business, LOL. :runningcat:

I'M OFF TO SLEEP, Y'ALL BE GOOD... :sleepycat::dizzycat::sleepycat:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Wasn't able to attend Nicole's birthday celebration.......pain was just too wicked. Daniel made a great dinner and brought mine down later. He is a chef and the restaurant closes.from December-March. So glad he's home.... so much fun.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Younger folks who can cook are always good to have around... I took excellent care of my elderly mum when she was still alive, making her meals and generally looking after her. A labor of love, and we would've had to pay someone to do it had I not been there, thanks to the long ordeal of phony charges, pffffffft. Truth be told, I moved my stuff back under her roof while I was still trucking, why pay rent when you're never in the flat? That system of trucking and taking time off with me beloved mum worked very well for years, which leads me to make an observation...

All around the world, multiple generations live under one roof, but only in America are young men & women shamed by media for living with their parents.

When I lived with me dear departed mum, I'd roll into town and toss a thousand bucks her way to pay bills and whatnot, then party with my friends in high style, BBQing out back on the patio and having a good time (first rigged plate of food always went to me beloved mum). Whenever I was elsewhere in town and a friend would try to hook me up with some gal, I'd say, "I'M 42 & I STILL LIVE WITH MY MOM... GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT?" LOL... I'm not joking either, if some gal is gonna judge me according to bankster propaganda, she's not the kind I want to know anyway. Just a pet peeve of mine... I guess bankster bashing of young white Americans is okay, pfffffffft.

Enough said on that topic, I'm taking a paid day off today... the gubmint will be paying me to drink beer and watch football, LOL. Dang, sometimes I slay myself. Meh, I can always use a little more quality time with the kittehs, and it's a rainy day here so I'll hunker down and hang out at the ol' hacienda. Crackhead already came in soaking wet, that knucklehaid... had to towel him dry, now he's good to go. Little Miss Mulligan is lying on a chair next to mine, she's no dummy... Tiger is outside but he's under the awning, dunno why he wants to sit out there when it's warm & toasty indoors, but no worries, he has a fur coat to keep himself warm.

I'M OFF TO CHECK OTHER POSTS & WEBSITES... HASTA LUEGO!!! :hellocomputer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sun came out, dunno if there's more rain on the way... in the meantime, the kittehs & I are enjoying the fresh air, sunshine & killer mountain views. This day may turn out to be even better than I planned, LOL. Check these pics:

IMG_6722.JPG IMG_6723.JPG IMG_6725.JPG IMG_6726.JPG IMG_6727.JPG IMG_6730.JPG IMG_6731.JPG IMG_6733.JPG IMG_6734.JPG IMG_6735.JPG

That's Little Miss Mulligan exploring the fenced yard, she sure likes checking out her new world... if the weather improves, I might get some good shots of the Stronghold today once the sun is high enough in the sky to illuminate all the crags, domes & spires. I might even have to break out my hammock later if the sunshine holds... we'll see what happens, I'll be back in a moment with more pics. :coolcat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Round #2 of kitteh pics:

IMG_6736.JPG IMG_6737.JPG IMG_6738.JPG IMG_6739.JPG IMG_6741.JPG IMG_6748.JPG IMG_6749.JPG IMG_6752.JPG IMG_6753.JPG IMG_6755.JPG

One shot shows Miss Molly sitting on a window sill and watching Phoenix cross the street outside... it's trash day so I already have our bin out on the curb. Next shot shows Phoenix altering course toward a neighbor's home, the little knucklehaid. Molly sure likes that perch atop the log in the corner of the fenced yard, and it's good for her to learn the layout of the neighborhood, she'll be safer in the long run with that knowledge. Last pic shows Crackhead with some catnip I threw down on the concrete slab, more on that in a moment... :cutecat:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Round #3 of kitteh pics, then I'm off to grab a shower:

IMG_6756.JPG IMG_6757.JPG IMG_6759.JPG IMG_6760.JPG IMG_6761.JPG IMG_6762.JPG IMG_6769.JPG IMG_6770.JPG IMG_6768.JPG IMG_6764.JPG

Little Phoenix had to crash Crackhead's catnip party and steal the limelight, LOL. Tiger was fashionably late, of course. Mountain pics don't do justice to the ranges, this cheesy Canon cam often doesn't cut the mustard. Meh, let me don my jeweled turban, gaze into my crystal ball & foretell the future: "HMM, I SEE A BLENDER FULL O' MIXED DRINKS BEFORE NOON, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" If I'm gonna take a day off, I intend to enjoy myself, might have to call my friends at their 7 1/2-acre spread and invite 'em over to play pool this afternoon, maybe help me cook some burgers... or help me make a dent in that delicious turkey soup, LOL. CHEERS!!! 🍸

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived with my parents until I was 29. It was a good way to save some money with not great employment, but by then I was ready to be on my own (and be closer to where I was working).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, he IS a fluffy (and adorable) guy! Grooming him must take a lot of time.
I try to keep up with his grooming as best I can but it's far from perfect and he's a fussy guy when it comes to being groomed. Several times a year I need to take him to a professional groomer at our vet's office. But thank you for the compliment. :thanks:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I am on cloud 9 right now. I did something so "out of character" for me but in a good way.

So, I have this rule for myself now to help combat my social anxiety and overall anxiety. If the thought of something makes me nervous, I have to do it. For example, if walking up to a stranger and telling them I like their nails or shirt makes me nervous, I have to do it. This has been working great for me so far and I'm slowly becoming less and less nervous when approaching people I don't know or DO know but am too scared to talk to.

There is a really cute boy at my local grocery store and I had the crazy idea of writing him a card and leaving it on his work desk. And I actually did it today! I left my number in there too. I'm so proud of myself. I feel like this has opened the door to other social interactions that would have otherwise made me uncomfortable.

Basically, I'm trying to teach my brain to not fear things that won't hurt me and it's going well!!

Status
Not open for further replies.