It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another day done, now I'm enjoying quality time with the kittehs... and I'm enjoying a cold beer as well, feels good to be off my feet for awhile. No big plans tonight, I'm just gonna eat a good meal and get a good night's sleep so I'm ready for work tomorrow. I think I'll make a nice fresh salad to go with my leftovers, LOL. ๐Ÿฅ—

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Possibly my favourite teacher this semester told us to feel free to stay in touch so I added him on Instagram. He really had an impact on me this semester so I'm glad this class won't be the last I see of him.

He loves cats just as much as I do and he has two. One has diabetes.

I'm writing him a thoughtful Christmas card and will surprise him with it and a bag of temptations cat treats next week.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not as cold this morning and my nephew is coming home for Christmas!! He's a chef at restaurant in the Outer Banks, NC
He makes us amazing food while he's here and is as funny as two comedians. Lots of good times when he's here! :musicnote: :dance::drinking:๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฅ˜

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night Willow came and sat on the arm of my recliner not once but three times and allowed me to pet her. She used to come up on the old chair but hasnโ€™t since the new chair was delivered a few weeks ago. Like all new things brought into the house she found it creepy and not to be trusted. Glad she got over it.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TGIF!!! And what a day it turned out to be... had the shop to myself for most of the day, so I went on a cleaning & reorganizing binge and filled two 55-gallon drum trash cans in the shop with junk we don't need, aye? I'm talking actual trash: empty and/or dusty bags & boxes, rusted and/or broken parts, worn-out tools which had seen their day, funky carpet remnants & other junk up in the barn loft, you name it. I went through that barn like a white tornado and tossed heaps of funky absolute junk we will never need or miss, LOL. Seriously, some of this worthless junk has been sitting in the barn since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and it's time for it to GO... and good riddance, I say. Kinda funny how the guys all disappeared once I got started, even the younger boss... it's like they all know to let me be when I get into this cleanup & reorganization mode. Meh, I was in the Infantry and I don't like sloth or disorder, particularly in a workshop which should be clean and well-organized, 10-4???

Ya know, even the big boss came by while I was in the middle of this cleanup effort, and as always I showed him what I'd been doing, so he would know that I wasn't just burning time off the clock like some slacker, LOL. When I first started this job, I thought this guy was some sort of Superintendent for the entire course, but it turns out he's the City Engineer... another go-to guy who knows how to get stuff done. He brought some more starter/generators for the carts today, and I'll certainly use those valuable parts as I install them in carts which need them, no doubt about it. But my point is this: he looked around at the shop interior, which is looking SO MUCH BETTER since I began this cleanup effort, and he just nodded his head in approval over the change in overall appearance and functionality of the barn, yeah? My kinda guy, we're on the same sheet o' music as far as cleaning up this disorganized mess and making things right, LOL. ๐Ÿ‘

Anyway, I didn't do much work as a mechanic today, I was more like a janitor/parts & tools judge/sanitation worker/reorganizing hero/etc. Meh, SOMEBODY has to do it, and REAL mechanics won't touch this job due to the relatively low pay, while I love the gubmint benefits, close proximity of the work site to my house, zero traffic hassles, the fact that I don't have much supervision since the bosses just want me to carry on my mission, not to mention all the killer scenery & wildlife... oh, yeah, I can crank Country & Western tunes while I tinker with machinery, nice to hear Johnny Cash, Marty Robbins, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Jerry Reed, Tom T. Hall and all those other musical heroes as I toil away in the shop, LOL. Pfffffft, I could probably CRANK The Mighty Zep, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, German & Norwegian Death Metal, etc., and never receive a complaint, too much open space around the barn, AYE??? ๐ŸŒŽ

I'M OFF TO ENJOY SOME FOOTBALL ACTION & QUALITY TIME WITH THE KITTEHS, DON'TCHA KNOW??? :petcat:

CHEERS, YA CAT LOVERS!!! I'LL DRINK A BEER IN YER HONOR, LOL... THOUGHT I WOULDN'T??? ๐Ÿบ

Edit: The carpet remnants and other bulky trash did NOT go into the 55-gallon drum trash cans, they were hauled to the dumpster and unceremoniously tossed, LOL. The trash drums were filled with OTHER junk, 10-4??? ๐Ÿง—โ€โ™€๏ธ

Whoa, I punched "bin" into the emoji search machine and it kicked out this female climber, LOL... meh, I'LL TAKE THE EMOJI!!! :flail:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had another play session with the kittehs this morning... forgot to tell y'all about yesterday morning's play session, the kittehs chased each other round the house as I went through my morning routine. Miss Molly is so funny, even little Phoenix is warming up to her... the big cats (Tiger & Crackhead) will chase Molly in turn, running the length of our home, then Molly will chase them like an avenging fury, LOL. The crazy fools, they sure liven up this bachelor pad, I can't imagine life without 'em. :hyper:

Anyway, the sun has broken through the clouds, Little Miss Mulligan is rubbing her face on the upper left corner of my laptop computer, I have the Baylor-Oklahoma game on, I've already done two loads of laundry on top of my usual morning routine, and I'll be making some awesome homemade turkey soup later, might hafta snap a pic or two as I throw that together, LOL. I'm looking forward to an afternoon of relaxing, watching conference football matches, sharing quality time with the kittehs, and enjoying that wonderful turkey soup!!! ๐Ÿฆƒ

Any home rehab work I do this weekend will go down tomorrow, but I see where all this is headed: now that I'm working, I'll probably farm out some of the work to local tradesmen, just to free up time for myself... even though these tasks are things I can easily do. Meh, I'll contribute to the local economy as I already do, and I'll minimize the damage (er, I mean cost) by having everything needed for each task sitting right here when each tradesman arrives. Whoa, great play in the game, but I'm rooting for the Sooners, LOL... :yess:

As an expert small craft sailor, I can assure you that any team with a "Sooner Schooner" is alright by me, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Haven't seen the Sooner Schooner yet, even though Oklahoma already scored, but I've been busy multi-tasking, and that includes cracking a cold one as I juggle Saturday morning chores, LOL. No worries, this is a bachelor pad, and I'm not driving or making a fool of myself in public... unless ya count the Internet, LOL. Dang, I'm having too much fun here... "GO, SOONERS!!!" ๐Ÿˆ

Earlier this morning, I watched some utterly ridiculous Hollywood footage in the Bond flick "LICENSE TO KILL"---wherein Timothy Dalton put a fuel tanker up on 9 wheels and subsequently pulled a wheelie with the now-separated 10-ton road tractor, PFFFFFT. Dont get me wrong, I like old workhorse KWs, but the wheelie-popping business was completely ludicrous, just like the intro to the next Bond flick ("DIE ANOTHER DAY") where British Secret Service agents surfed monster waves into North Korea... "YEAH, RIGHT." ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Of course, one has to take these Hollywood films with a grain of salt, the directors & producers aren't concerned with details, and reality doesn't figure into the plot, LOL. Picture Mr. Rogers here: "Can you say RE-AL-I-TY???" Evidently not as far as Hollywood types go, who needs reality when money solves all problems? "GRAVITY??? WHAT'S THAT?!? AND WHO THE HECK IS NEWTON, IS HE ONE OF THE EXTRAS?!? NOW GET THAT RIG UP ON 9 WHEELS, AND DON'T FORGET THE C-4 IN THOSE SURFBOARDS!!!" :flail:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well, I'd better get started on that turkey soup, just as soon as I post some pics of the kittehs in action this morning. Holy cow, this Baylor-Oklahoma match is turning into a barroom brawl!!! LOL. These teams played one heck of a game earlier in the season, with Baylor ahead until the Sooners figured out a way to beat 'em, aye? So this is a bit of a grudge match for Baylor... I like Baylor too, but I like the Sooners better, 10-4? Probably from watching all those exciting games back in Josh Heupel's day... :runaround:

ALRIGHT, Y'ALL BE GOOD, I'M GONNA POST THOSE KITTEH PICS IN ANOTHER THREAD... CHEERS!!! :coolcat:

Last edited:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was the first day since I had Fayola where she didn't flinch or jump when I kiss her. She even rubbed her head on my cheeks and licked my hand.

I've been working on her socializing and getting used to human interaction but so far, she's only taken to me. She basically distrust everyone else.

When I tried to remove her from my lap (had food on the stove that was burning), she grabbed onto my thigh and wrapped both arms around it tightly and wouldn't let go. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was the funniest and sweetest thing ever. Man, I love this cat so much. I'm thankful everyday that she's in my life.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was the first day since I had Fayola where she didn't flinch or jump when I kiss her. She even rubbed her head on my cheeks and licked my hand.

I've been working on her socializing and getting used to human interaction but so far, she's only taken to me. She basically distrust everyone else.

When I tried to remove her from my lap (had food on the stove that was burning), she grabbed onto my thigh and wrapped both arms around it tightly and wouldn't let go. ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was the funniest and sweetest thing ever. Man, I love this cat so much. I'm thankful everyday that she's in my life.
That is so wonderful. I have been waiting over eight years for Willow to head butt my face.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Man, I love this cat so much. I'm thankful everyday that she's in my life.

Yes, life would be pretty dull without cats, that's for sure... skateboarding, rock climbing, motocross, wingsuit flight, all those activities are really cool but a cat offers unconditional love, the best kind of love there is, LOL. Well, maybe not ENTIRELY unconditional, but I don't mind playing butler to my four cats, small price to pay for a truckload of warmth and affection. :catrub:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Go Green Bay๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿˆ
I noticed you're from Oregon, are you a Ducks' fan?

This afternoon DH and I went to the shelter where we adopted our dog and Neely. We go there during the year to drop off food and newspapers but once a year before the holidays we make a monetary donation. Of course we couldn't leave without checking out the animals up for adoption. ;) DH fell in love with a German Shepherd and I saw an adorable medium long hair orange kitty. But I don't think Carleton would approve of either.:nono: We had a lengthy discussion with one of the volunteers who is fostering 8 puppies. We have been going to the shelter for so many years that we've gotten to know some of the volunteers by their first name(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.