It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We cleaned out our plastic container drawer and cabinet and got rid of all the stuff that didn't have lids or was in terrible condition
Nice! I love cleaning out the cabinets and ditching stuff I don't use. :thumbsup:

I got to pick my courses for next semester this morning. I'm pretty happy with what I have.
Glad you got a schedule you like & made a new pal. Sounds like things are looking up. :hugs:

My positive for today is that I still have some protein shakes left, so I'm going to start drinking them again and see if they give me some energy. With this cold weather, all I want to do is hibernate like a bear. 🐻

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I won't rub in the mid-70s weather here, LOL... we're due for rain tomorrow and Wednesday, if that makes y'all feel any better, LOL. Had a great day at work, just stopped by the library on my way home to post these pics. I'm having the Internet set up in my home on Saturday, which means football soon afterward, no more missed games, WOOHOO!!! The library has been useful and the staff are totally cool, but it'll be nice to surf the web again in my own home. Anyway, here are some weekend pics of the kittehs:

IMG_5847.JPG IMG_5848.JPG IMG_5849.JPG IMG_5851.JPG IMG_5852.JPG IMG_5853.JPG IMG_5855.JPG IMG_5857.JPG IMG_5860.JPG IMG_5862.JPG IMG_5880.JPG IMG_5881.JPG IMG_5882.JPG IMG_5883.JPG

Phoenix is such a funny little cat, she even jumped up on the bed this weekend to say "Good Morning!!!" I wasn't getting out of bed at the usual time, you see, I sleep in on my days off, 10-4? Anyway, I'm off to the ol' hacienda for a well-deserved cold beer before dinner... maybe a few beers since I had such a great day, LOL. Cheers!!! :drinking:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to bake chocolate chip banana bread
I bet that would be even better with peanut butter chips. :yummy:

I won't rub in the mid-70s weather here
Awww, man. Lucky duck. It's only 31 degrees here.

It's hard for me to think of positives in this cold weather. But here's one--- Since winter came early, maybe it will end early! It could happen....:crossfingers:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love to listen to books on CD in the car and just finished one a few days ago. Feeling cruddy with a cold I haven’t been out to pick out a new one. But I just got a call from the library and the new Stephen King novel, The Institute” that I reserved this summer was waiting for me! Guess I can take it off my Christmas list now.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I should start reading again.
So I guess my positive for today is that I have a box of books just waiting for me to get up the ambition to crack one open. :read:
Do you like magazines? If so check to see whether your local library participates in the RB Digital lending program. Most libraries do participate and if so it you can download and read hundreds of current magazines for free. It is a great way to pass an afternoon when the weather is bad.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I only worked a half-day and met a friend for coffee afterwards. We reconnected two years ago and have so much in common. It felt like we picked up right where we left off. Very positive day! :thumbsup:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another day of work done, progress is being made, LOL... did I tell y'all about the drunken golfers who crashed a cart into a tree? Totally thrashed the left front strut which supports the roof and windshield, broke the (plastic) windshield in the bargain, and left tree bark all over the deck of the cart. Claimed they weren't in the cart at the time, that the (bulletproof) parking brake *failed* and the cart rolled into a tree, but anyone could tell at a glance that the cart had been driven at top speed into the tree, LOL. Meh, nobody was hurt, and it's all job security for me, we have parts carts out back with the requisite replacement parts. Golfers were probably trying to avoid embarrassment, LOL... too many alcoholic drinks from the beverage cart, I reckon. :eek2:

I've been backing off the governor and turning up each cart I test drive, which is good for the motor and exhaust... also good for drifting as I pull an occasional circuit of the dirt & gravel road which circles the shop. I must admit, drifting in a golf cart is rather ridiculous, but it CAN be done if the cart is turned up all the way. These gas-powered E-Z-GO carts have whopping 13hp motors, LOL, but the carts aren't that heavy so they can roar along when they're dialed in and turned up, 10-4? Rather ironic that I used to drive 40-ton big rigs nationwide in all kinds of weather, and here I am driving ridiculous golf carts in Arizona for a living... guess I should start practicing stunts in the carts, kinda like those tandem surfers riding longboards in Hawaii, LOL. Stand on my head while drifting and whatnot... :eek3:

GOTTA RUN, THE CATS & I ARE GONNA WATCH 'BRAVEHEART' TONIGHT, HAVEN'T SEEN IT IN A WHILE... A COLD BEER MAY FIGURE INTO THE FILM VIEWING, LOL. CHEERS!!! :drinking:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Eeesh, I can't watch that one anymore - the end is just way way too gruesome for me.

This is a terrific day since we got all the shopping done for two Holiday meals next week, a haircut (and a (rare for me) starbucks drink as a bribe LOL), and now the weather has hit the ditch. So, done just in time since every day from here on wouldn't have worked nearly as well :)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a terrific day since we got all the shopping done for two Holiday meals next week, a haircut (and a (rare for me) starbucks drink as a bribe LOL), and now the weather has hit the ditch. So, done just in time since every day from here on wouldn't have worked nearly as well :)
I had a Starbuck’s latte the other day too. So delicious and such a treat.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you like magazines?
Yes, I like celebrity interviews & recipes.

THE CATS & I ARE GONNA WATCH 'BRAVEHEART' TONIGHT,
I wish my cats would watch a movie with me.

starbucks drink
We don't have a Starbucks. We only have Tim Hortons, Dunkin, and McDonalds. Sunoco used to have good coffee drinks & hot chocolate, but I haven't been there in forever.

My positive is that I found a huge box of children's books and they aren't even dusty at all because there is a cover over the box. Last night I read The Secret Garden, Heidi, and Snow White & Rose Red. Stay tuned to see what else I find in there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.