It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did my grocery shopping yesterday because I had to go out and replace my space heater that conked out.
That means that this weekend, I don't have to leave my house if I don't want to. I can hunker down and stay warm. Winter came WAY to early around here, so I'm happy to stay put!
It's a beautiful sunny day here and the amaryllis is in full bloom.
Well, they are quite beautiful, but now my post makes me sad.:flail:Thanks for that! :rolleyes2:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you mention him... if you're talking about the rude one I spoke about previously in the "What's on my mind?" Thread, he actually held the door for me the other day and apologized when he bumped into me. That's a positive worth mentioning.

And if you're talking about that other guy, well, not much has changed other than we talk a lot more now. 😊
Is it 💖?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sent a friend a week-early birthday present: just-baked cookies 🍪 from a cafe and a few other things. I sent the box by Express Mail literally minutes after I bought the cookies and she received the box the next day. She was surprised to receive it and loves the gooey chocolate cookies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There were several successes today;

Found something I had been looking for

Got the fish tank squared away including nearly completely eliminating noise and vibration from the filter et al

Got an incredible, never seen the like before scorched pan clean, and since this is my favorite pot, it mattered lol (finally had to soak it in bleach)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
took this formerly scared, former feral more than a year and a half to learn her name
I think Demi thinks his name is "Baby" now. I have to quit calling him that because he doesn't come to his name anymore.

Got an incredible, never seen the like before scorched pan clean,
Can you clean my toaster oven for me then? I don't think there's any hope for it though.

My positive for today is the weather looks a bit better and hopefully I can make it to the dentist this week. :crossfingers:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was kind of gloomy this morning...cool and cloudy and a few spinkles.Sat drinking my coffee,watching the birds...got a chance to see a female pileated woodpecker that landed over by our fence row.She spent almost an hour,digging in the leaves,pecking away.Never have seen anything like it before..she was literally tossing the leaves up in the air!Now the sun is out and it's warmed up a bit .A lovely day after all!

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
got a chance to see a female pileated woodpecker that landed over by our fence row
I love seeing pileated woodpeckers! I’m always amazed by how large they are.

I bought this window film for the sidelight by our front door. I put it up this morning and am really happy with the way it turned out!
A7F32BD0-184F-4762-9184-CEE5ADF5E4E1.jpeg

Closeup
BFFC7484-ACA1-4893-BFE1-04B69E99476E.jpeg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We cleaned out our plastic container drawer and cabinet and got rid of all the stuff that didn't have lids or was in terrible condition and now we can fit everything inside. This makes me happy.
Yes, where do those lids go? They’re probably hanging out somewhere with the single socks that have run away from home. :lol:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to pick my courses for next semester this morning. I'm pretty happy with what I have. There are two 8ams but I'm not going to complain. There is also gaps in-between my classes so I get to come home and look after Izellah. One of my electives is on another campus but that won't be a problem since it's not too far. I also have Monday and Tuesday off which is such a blessing!
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 11.23.10 AM.png

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's a nice schedule. I'd love having four day weekends. Hope your two Thursday classes are in rooms right by each other, though!
Yes! This was an unexpected surprise. It usually doesn't work out this well. And yes, they will be close to each other. Our workshop and sketching class are just steps from each other.

Oh my!! Another positive. I made a close friend this semester and I texted her this morning when I was picking courses. She didn't respond so I got worried. She texted me not too long ago and we have the exact same schedule!! Without even conspiring first. The only difference is that our Thursday classes are swapped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.