It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wowza, you must be having a lot of people coming!!
I do and also make a ham, but I always send everyone home with leftovers. :)

profit is always good (just be sure you don't get nicked on capital gains taxes.
You really can't avoid it. We'll be figuring out what we need to pay in estimated taxes soon.

My niece was talking about credit scores as she is trying to get a car loan. I knew mine was good, but I looked it up yesterday and it is better than I thought.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie was being so cute this morning. She wanted to play hide & seek with me from behind the curtain next to my bed. I got up and saw it moving so I peeked behind it. She was moving it to get my attention. I gave her a few tickles and the curtain closed. She did it again and then again. I had to get up so she went into the kitchen to wait for her breakfast. Cats are the best.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Yum, what sides do you have? everyone bringing something?
Plenty. Mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, two types of stuffing, vegetables, etc. One brother will bring a hot appetizer and others will bring some desserts.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Some snow falling but it's not cold enough to stick. Cal is not sure about it..hasn't seen any since last spring.
I'm cozy warm all rugged up with a good book.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
With nothing to do while the plumber worked in the bathroom this afternoon I bundled up (26 degrees out) and did the last of the pre winter yard work. Wrapping bushes to protect from hungry bunnies, cutting down the raspberries and clearing the last of the perennials. And despite the temps it was lovely and sunny out there and once I started working it didn’t feel too cold. Something satisfying and sad at the same time about literally wrapping up the gardening for the year.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had an okay day at work, plenty to keep me busy there in the shop. Tomorrow will be even better, barn kitty & I will have the shop to ourselves for much of the day. Nice scenery through the open bay doors, Country & Western tunes playin' in the background, an occasional cart ride (er, I mean test drive) to look at the Stronghold and surrounding mountains... meh, life could be worse. We recently had a weird "sunset rainbow" with the usual rainbow colors blended into an odd background, I took some pics:

IMG_5530.JPG IMG_5531.JPG IMG_5534.JPG IMG_5538.JPG IMG_5542.JPG IMG_5567.JPG IMG_5570.JPG IMG_5573.JPG

And here are Phoenix & Tiger sharing quality time on the sofa during last night's movie, LOL:

IMG_5580.JPG IMG_5581.JPG IMG_5582.JPG IMG_5583.JPG

Guess I paused the movie and turned on the light to get the pics, I usually keep my room dark during movies and use the low light from a different room to make the place more like a movie theater... works great that way, excellent viewing and no eye fatigue. :eek2:

Oh, I almost forgot, my cat Boots was MIA for two days, thought she wandered off or got picked off by coyotes, but she showed up last night not long after dark, so we had a happy reunion... dunno where she went, but hopefully she stays closer to home in the future, it's not like her to disappear like that but I'm beginning to think she's older and she might have memory problems... she's getting along alright with the other cats, no major issues which would drive her away, maybe she just went "walkabout" in the surrounding area. I'm just glad to have her back, I was gonna relay the bad news but now I can say that all's well, so that's a big positive. CHEERS!!! :catrub:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We are also going out to lunch at a diner I have never been to. I will probably get a veggie omelet.
I love veggie omelettes, please let us know how you liked the new diner.

I've been busy this week but my positive is DH and I spent all afternoon in the yard cutting more perennials, covering the patio furniture and putting as much stuff as we could fit in the shed. Not all the leaves are down yet so cleaning the gutters and raking will have to wait. Hopefully we can finish everything before Thanksgiving. :crossfingers:

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over the summer,we had a pair of phoebes make a nest under the awning outside my livingroom window.For whatever the reason,they didn't raise a family there.However....and here's my positive....we have a pair of wrens that have been checking out this nest for the last couple of weeks.They seem to have been making it their own little place because last night they snuggled in their new home and spent the night!So cute!Today I noticed they were hitting the new suet block heavy,plus the feeder,and then long about almost dusk,they both started hanging out,flying up to the nest,then down,then back again.Just as we sat down to dinner,they both flew up there and that was that.Love it!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Had an okay day at work, plenty to keep me busy there in the shop. Tomorrow will be even better, barn kitty & I will have the shop to ourselves for much of the day. Nice scenery through the open bay doors, Country & Western tunes playin' in the background, an occasional cart ride (er, I mean test drive) to look at the Stronghold and surrounding mountains... meh, life could be worse. We recently had a weird "sunset rainbow" with the usual rainbow colors blended into an odd background, I took some pics:

View attachment 306836 View attachment 306837 View attachment 306838 View attachment 306839 View attachment 306840 View attachment 306841 View attachment 306842 View attachment 306843

And here are Phoenix & Tiger sharing quality time on the sofa during last night's movie, LOL:

View attachment 306844 View attachment 306845 View attachment 306847 View attachment 306848

Guess I paused the movie and turned on the light to get the pics, I usually keep my room dark during movies and use the low light from a different room to make the place more like a movie theater... works great that way, excellent viewing and no eye fatigue. :eek2:

Oh, I almost forgot, my cat Boots was MIA for two days, thought she wandered off or got picked off by coyotes, but she showed up last night not long after dark, so we had a happy reunion... dunno where she went, but hopefully she stays closer to home in the future, it's not like her to disappear like that but I'm beginning to think she's older and she might have memory problems... she's getting along alright with the other cats, no major issues which would drive her away, maybe she just went "walkabout" in the surrounding area. I'm just glad to have her back, I was gonna relay the bad news but now I can say that all's well, so that's a big positive. CHEERS!!! :catrub:
So glad Boots came home. Cats are funny like that.....I bet she indeed went on a walkabout.

Great pics!!! The scenery is stunning. I may have to move there. ha!!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Over the summer,we had a pair of phoebes make a nest under the awning outside my livingroom window.For whatever the reason,they didn't raise a family there.However....and here's my positive....we have a pair of wrens that have been checking out this nest for the last couple of weeks.They seem to have been making it their own little place because last night they snuggled in their new home and spent the night!So cute!Today I noticed they were hitting the new suet block heavy,plus the feeder,and then long about almost dusk,they both started hanging out,flying up to the nest,then down,then back again.Just as we sat down to dinner,they both flew up there and that was that.Love it!

So sweet! Most of my birds leave for the winter but I have 3 Cardinal couples who stay and even more Blue Jays, they are so yappy.
They look so beautiful when it snows. I tear up left-over bread, etc for them.

Supposed to have Lake Effect snow which is unpredictable. Pain levels are high but I am managing, with meds, heating pad, and
lots of hot tea. I have so many different flavors. Nicole bought me Chai, Lemon Zinger, Chamomile with honey, Raspberry, different flavors by Twining so I'm set. Will probably make hot cocoa with Whipped Creme. Will snuggle with Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.