It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Managed to get in a couple hours of tennis
I haven't played tennis in forever. We drove by the tennis court in town the other day and it was really run down.

I'm hired
Yay! Glad you got the job you wanted. :cheerleader:

Carleton is perfectly content and so am I.
Perfect contentment sounds nice. :catlove:

I'm going to walk to the small store later on once it warms up a bit.
What are you going to buy at the store? I wish I lived in town, so I could walk to the stores.

This week, I officially became a great-aunt!
Congrats! Babies are the best.

My positive for today is that I bought some spicy pickles at Big Lots which I'm going to try on a sandwich for lunch. I saw the word "spicy" and had to try them. :thumbsup:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The water pump went out on my washer,so I have been without for 3 days.He came yesterday with the new part and got it installed and glory be!I have a washer again...and got the laundry all caught up between last night and this afternoon.That's my positive!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I brought our library books to a new coffee shop and spent over an hour reading with our favorite cup of brew. I treated myself to a flat white with almond milk and DH got tea with a steamed milk topper. We went shopping for pumpkins afterwards.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you going to buy at the store? I wish I lived in town, so I could walk to the stores.
I got honey roasted cashews, potato chips, and doritos !! I wanted chips to go with the turkey sammie I was going to have for lunch. I love honey roasted cashews and they are usually hard to find but they had 2 cans of them. I've already eaten half the can, oink, oink. :D

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I brought our library books to a new coffee shop and spent over an hour reading with our favorite cup of brew. I treated myself to a flat white with almond milk and DH got tea with a steamed milk topper. We went shopping for pumpkins afterwards.
What is a flat white?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a gorgeous 60 something degree day I spent most of it outdoors. Mowing, mulching, picking raspberries, putting up the last of the Halloween decorations and filling all the feeders. I ended by throwing out peanuts for the Bluejays and squirrels. Everything hurts, I am bone tired and have worked hard enough today to skip the gym tomorrow. An all round perfect day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
espresso with microfoam (steamed milk
It doesn't have any flavoring syrup? I love flavored cappuccinos and lattes.

Took a 3 mile walk at a nature preserve
That sounds wonderful!

My positive is that the weather is so nice, 60 degrees. So I went outside and walked up & down the driveway for 30 minutes. It was quite the workout. I wish we had sidewalks here, but I made do with what I have. ;)

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
First day went well at work, the golf course is surrounded by magnificent scenery and the huge barn-like maintenance shed already feels like home, LOL. The guys I'll be working with are totally laid-back and mellow, and there's even a 'barn cat' who hangs out around the shed! I changed her litter today, the pan was filthy and we have a huge pile of sand by the shed for the golf course bunkers, so kitty now has clean sand, LOL. Nobody is buying litter for the cat with tons of sand available, that's just the way it is. Meh, no worries, I'll take care of that chore, and the little calico kitty is a sweetheart. I DID see evidence of rodent action in the shed, so we'll be cleaning up and better organizing that shed, in the meantime kitty will earn her keep (I'll probably bring her some food too, enough for her to eat without leaving any for the varmints).

Otherwise, I have a lot to learn about the various mowers and one or two tractors, but I'll start by repairing golf carts, swapping out belts, changing (or charging) dead batteries, adjusting simple brakes, that sort of thing. We have heaps of manuals too, so I'll be referring to those on a regular basis. Might use some of my own tools on the job, but there are sets of tools in the shed too, so no worries. Probably won't be on the Internet for awhile, I'm only on the web today because I got off early to go fill out paperwork at the administrative office. The gubmint benefits are comprehensive, we even have retirement and the city matches every contribution, so I opted for the maximum amount every paycheck. Life insurance too, they pick up the tab so my niece & nephew will split $20K if I ever get whacked on the course, LOL. Hey, it may not be that much, but it's better than nothing!

Anyway, I'm heading to the ol' hacienda to relax, I'm just happy that my prospects are good, it looks like a great place to work and the scenery can't be beat, we even have wildlife on the course, which is totally cool. One guy told me he recently saw a herd of deer on the course, he comes in earlier than I will on most days because the mowing has to be done before the golfers arrive. I will occasionally help with the mowing, but my primary mission will be to keep the golf carts and mowers running, and that'll probably keep me busy enough. 40 hours per week with occasional overtime, exactly what I was looking for in a job. As with trucking, all other aspects of my life will revolve around the job, that's the easiest way in the long run, I already modified my morning routine with the cats and I'll save some household chores for days off, I wanna focus on the job for awhile so I learn as much as I can about the equipment.

HEADING BACK TO THE OL' HACIENDA TO SHARE QUALITY TIME WITH THE KITTEHS, I THINK A CELEBRATORY BEER IS IN ORDER, AND I HAVE SOME JOB-RELATED MATERIAL TO READ.

Speaking of the kittehs, I have a few shots from last night, might as well post 'em here to save time:

IMG_5176.JPG IMG_5177.JPG IMG_5178.JPG IMG_5179.JPG

Tiger sprawled out, Phoenix atop the dresser, Crackhead in a rolled-up sleeping pad by my camp gear, he likes that spot, LOL. Here's a plate I saw in the Walmart parking lot, it was on the vehicle next to mine so I took a shot:

IMG_5180.JPG

ONE DAY... LOL. :yess:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day in the Ozarks today....got to about 62,windy and the sky was so blue!We dodged a bullet last night with a round of storms that came thru...got some much needed rain,lots of lightening,power went out twice,but the tornadoes stayed far to the west,south and finally east of us.I don't do storms well,so I was up til after 3 this morning,but...today was lovely!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We went to the airport before dawn to pick up our daughter. Her flight was only 15 minutes late and we were thrilled to see her. :loveeyes: Even though we were all tired we managed to stop for vegan pumpkin and apple cider donuts on the way home. So yummy!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
there's even a 'barn cat' who hangs out around the shed
Looking forward to more stories about your work cat. It sounds like it was meant to be! :petcat:

vegan pumpkin and apple cider donuts
Pumpkin & apple cider in the donuts? Sounds delicious. :yummy:

My positive is that my primary care doctor canceled my appointment and rescheduled it for 2 weeks away. Anytime I can avoid the doc for a while is a positive for me. :thumbsup:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
First day went well at work, the golf course is surrounded by magnificent scenery and the huge barn-like maintenance shed already feels like home, LOL. The guys I'll be working with are totally laid-back and mellow, and there's even a 'barn cat' who hangs out around the shed! I changed her litter today, the pan was filthy and we have a huge pile of sand by the shed for the golf course bunkers, so kitty now has clean sand, LOL. Nobody is buying litter for the cat with tons of sand available, that's just the way it is. Meh, no worries, I'll take care of that chore, and the little calico kitty is a sweetheart. I DID see evidence of rodent action in the shed, so we'll be cleaning up and better organizing that shed, in the meantime kitty will earn her keep (I'll probably bring her some food too, enough for her to eat without leaving any for the varmints).

Otherwise, I have a lot to learn about the various mowers and one or two tractors, but I'll start by repairing golf carts, swapping out belts, changing (or charging) dead batteries, adjusting simple brakes, that sort of thing. We have heaps of manuals too, so I'll be referring to those on a regular basis. Might use some of my own tools on the job, but there are sets of tools in the shed too, so no worries. Probably won't be on the Internet for awhile, I'm only on the web today because I got off early to go fill out paperwork at the administrative office. The gubmint benefits are comprehensive, we even have retirement and the city matches every contribution, so I opted for the maximum amount every paycheck. Life insurance too, they pick up the tab so my niece & nephew will split $20K if I ever get whacked on the course, LOL. Hey, it may not be that much, but it's better than nothing!

Anyway, I'm heading to the ol' hacienda to relax, I'm just happy that my prospects are good, it looks like a great place to work and the scenery can't be beat, we even have wildlife on the course, which is totally cool. One guy told me he recently saw a herd of deer on the course, he comes in earlier than I will on most days because the mowing has to be done before the golfers arrive. I will occasionally help with the mowing, but my primary mission will be to keep the golf carts and mowers running, and that'll probably keep me busy enough. 40 hours per week with occasional overtime, exactly what I was looking for in a job. As with trucking, all other aspects of my life will revolve around the job, that's the easiest way in the long run, I already modified my morning routine with the cats and I'll save some household chores for days off, I wanna focus on the job for awhile so I learn as much as I can about the equipment.

HEADING BACK TO THE OL' HACIENDA TO SHARE QUALITY TIME WITH THE KITTEHS, I THINK A CELEBRATORY BEER IS IN ORDER, AND I HAVE SOME JOB-RELATED MATERIAL TO READ.

Speaking of the kittehs, I have a few shots from last night, might as well post 'em here to save time:

View attachment 304531 View attachment 304532 View attachment 304533 View attachment 304534

Tiger sprawled out, Phoenix atop the dresser, Crackhead in a rolled-up sleeping pad by my camp gear, he likes that spot, LOL. Here's a plate I saw in the Walmart parking lot, it was on the vehicle next to mine so I took a shot:

View attachment 304536

ONE DAY... LOL. :yess:
Sidewinder, it just sounds like a wonderful, challenging job. And a cat to care for as an added bonus!

Status
Not open for further replies.