It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At the in-laws house and got to make my own pizza for dinner!
Yum! I love homemade pizza....when it turns out well. :thumbsup:

Amish corn bake
That sounds like it would be delicious. :think:

My positive for the day is that during Thanksgiving week when most people gain weight, I lost one pound. Hee, Hee. :lol:
It was probably all the shopping I did this week, 12 hours!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is that I finally got my horrible leg pain to go away after 3 months. Somebody told me about the pain in their leg being a "misfiring quad muscle" and that stretching helped fix it. So I Googled it and did the stretching exercises. The pain was gone the next day. I also switched to a fancier, more expensive calcium magnesium supplement, but I don't think that would have worked in one day. So I'm thinking that the stretching fixed it. :cheerleader:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanksgiving went well, with limited family drama. The food came out well and it seems like everyone had a good time. The house is also almost back the way it should be.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I'm thinking that the stretching fixed it. :cheerleader:
Check out a book titled STRETCHING by Bob Anderson... simple drawings and diagrams make stretching safe & easy, and you can target certain anatomical areas by selecting appropriate stretching exercises. I've been cracking my back for decades using Anderson's methods, and I do other stretches when I feel the need... if you can't find the book in a library or on the web for free, go ahead and buy it, it's totally worth the money. :runningcat:

Guess I should get cleaned up and head to Tombstone, I've just been enjoying my last quiet holiday morning with the kittehs... but the sun is shining and it's a bee-yoo-ti-ful day, so I should get out there and enjoy the fresh air! Beats that thick smog layer over the L.A. Basin, LOL... I remember dropping down Cajon Pass in the big rig and seeing that ugly black layer of smog below, knowing that I'd soon be breathing it. Ugh, even the birds there wake and go: "CHEEP, CHEEP... HA-A-ACK!!!" 🚭

P.S. That emoji is the closest thing I could find to smog, LOL. :eek2:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha, I'll watch more football once I return from Tombstone & Sierra Vista... might even stop and have one cold beer in Big-Nose Kate's Saloon, that place is classic! I love all the Western decor in there, and the building is historic in its own right. Maybe I have a few pics...

IMG_0609.JPG IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0536.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0564.JPG IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG IMG_0563.JPG IMG_0561.JPG IMG_0542.JPG IMG_0543.JPG IMG_0547.JPG IMG_0549.JPG IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG IMG_0540.JPG IMG_0568.JPG IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0573.JPG IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0577.JPG IMG_0575.JPG

Those are just a few pics, LOL... the place is like a "Hall of History" with hundreds of old photos & cards and whatnot, it'd take several visits just to check it all out. I like the stained glass windows, the pics don't do them justice, and some of the woodwork is really nice... the machine work on the kegs in the bathroom isn't bad either. :flail:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a positive day for me and my kitty. He is a formal feral and this is the first time he stayed inside all night and day. He usually will come and spend the night and by morning he has a fit to get back outside. It is cold and raining today and this morning when I opened the door to feed the squirrels he ran outside. When he discovered that it was cold and raining he came right back inside and he has stayed quitely all day. I hope he will continue to do this, especially when it starts snowing and sleeting.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah, yes, the Chokers... they let me & my friends down more times than I can remember in years past, everybody was happy to see 'em leave San Diego, LOL. Now that they're in L.A., the Chokers moniker makes sense with all that smog... nice thick smog, great for training purposes, might as well wear an NBC suit on the field. :eek2:

Had a good day today, but I'm tired so I'm just gonna chill out and watch football, then crash and get a good night's sleep... work comes early manana, and it's trash day too so I have to factor in time to deal with that as I get ready to leave. I'm about to make a big ol' turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow, it's gonna be a monster, LOL. :eek3:

Don't know if I'll eat tonight, I had a burger in Sierra Vista so I'm not that hungry... the sky was SO clear today after all that wind & rain, I could see for MILES with perfect clarity. I was tempted to pull over multiple times and take photos of various mountain ranges, but I was enjoying my nice scenic drive, no traffic to speak of and good tunes on my car stereo. 🚘

MEH, MAYBE NEXT TIME, THE MOUNTAINS AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE, NOT IN MY LIFETIME ANYWAY... 🏔

I'M OFF TO DRINK A BEER OR TWO DURING THE GAME... CHEERS!!! 🍺

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check out a book titled STRETCHING by Bob Anderson.
Thank you, I'll check it out. :)

He is a formal feral and this is the first time he stayed inside all night and day.
That's wonderful, so happy for you two. :petcat:

everything we bought at the grocery store today was on sale.
Sounds like a good shopping day. I love a bargain. 💰

My positive for today is that I got the cats' litterboxes washed and fresh litter put in. Plus I swept the cat room. I don't know if I'm supposed to be doing all that, but if I don't do it, it won't get done. 🐈

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nice!!

Sunshine, a sleeping and fed cat, a clean fish tank, and some of the things we got during the sales over the weekend should start arriving :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although windy the sun came out in the afternoon so I got my car cleaned inside and out then waxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.