Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I got the chestnut praline latte at the Jewel Starbucks
Oh my! That sounds fancy & delicious. :yummy:☕

My positive is that I'm on my way to the dentist at 2pm to finally get this tooth looked at. I'm really scared, but hopeful they can fix the exposed root and injury to my gums. :crossfingers:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a winter coat drive at work and I donated a rather big brand name down winter coat that I haven't worn in years. Donated coats go to a local community organization that provides various services for the homeless.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Workday went well enough, weather was dynamic and a bit cold early on, so I set up the heater for the boyz returning from mowing the course... that raw wind can really chill ya when you're in a mower or utility cart, and a nice heater kicking out the warmth is always welcome in the shop. Anyway, we all got paid early because the folks in the Finance Dept. will also be off duty on Thursday & Friday, nice move for employees who can now splurge on the holiday... moi, I'm not into Black Friday shopping, I'll be busy enjoying other aspects of the holiday weekend, including football and that Cowboy Mounted Shooting Competition in Tombstone Saturday & Sunday. For all vegans at this site, don't sweat the contest, the riders will be shooting inanimate targets, it's merely a test of one's skill with firearms while riding a horse. As a former vertical skateboarder, technical rock climber, BMX and dirt bike rider, partying fool and old school rogue dinosaur, I'm thinking we could ramp up this contest by putting the shooters aboard bucking bulls or broncs, full-on bronc-bustin' action while trying to draw a bead on one's target, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, good luck with that, LOL. There'd probably be some casualties among the spectators, though some strapped & serious folks in beloved gun-totin' Arizona might shoot back if things got outta hand... contestants who lagged in marksmanship would be set straight, AYE??? :yess:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm building a wood toy for my concept modelmaking class. I worked on it all day yesterday and a little bit tonight.

When I was cutting, the wood got a little mangled but I sanded it down with an electric sanding tool. Now, it looks amazing! And I finished early so I can go to bed early tonight!!

I hope the teacher is proud of my progress tomorrow.
1574828540380.jpg

All I have to do now is adjust the alignment of some of the components and sand a few areas down more. Then, I have to work on the pieces that are going to go on top of those three dowels. Once all that is done, I can drill holes for the pegs and hammer them in to keep everything in place. Apply an oil finish and boom, I'll be done!!

This is also my final project so yay!! Semester 1 is almost DONE AND I SURVIVED!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm building a wood toy for my concept modelmaking class. I worked on it all day yesterday and a little bit tonight.

When I was cutting, the wood got a little mangled but I sanded it down with an electric sanding tool. Now, it looks amazing! And I finished early so I can go to bed early tonight!!

I hope the teacher is proud of my progress tomorrow.
View attachment 309542

All I have to do now is adjust the alignment of some of the components and sand a few areas down more. Then, I have to work on the pieces that are going to go on top of those three dowels. Once all that is done, I can drill holes for the pegs and hammer them in to keep everything in place. Apply an oil finish and boom, I'll be done!!

This is also my final project so yay!! Semester 1 is almost DONE AND I SURVIVED!!
Wowza, you are sooo talented, Miss Architect!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
As a former vertical skateboarder, technical rock climber, BMX and dirt bike rider, partying fool and old school rogue dinosaur, I'm thinking we could ramp up this contest by putting the shooters aboard bucking bulls or broncs, full-on bronc-bustin' action while trying to draw a bead on one's target, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, good luck with that, LOL. There'd probably be some casualties among the spectators, though some strapped & serious folks in beloved gun-totin' Arizona might shoot back if things got outta hand... contestants who lagged in marksmanship would be set straight, AYE??? :yess:
LMAO!!!!!!:flail::lol::lol2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all vegans at this site, don't sweat the contest, the riders will be shooting inanimate targets
Not vegan, but vegetarian, so I'm glad no animals will be hurt. :)

I'm building a wood toy for my concept modelmaking class.
Very talented! I was never good at making things like that.

My positive for today is that I got that infected back tooth pulled. I would rather get a dental implant than have this gaping hole, but maybe someday the prices will come down. I'm just glad it's outta there and can hopefully heal now. :crossfingers:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not vegan, but vegetarian, so I'm glad no animals will be hurt. :)

Very talented! I was never good at making things like that.

My positive for today is that I got that infected back tooth pulled. I would rather get a dental implant than have this gaping hole, but maybe someday the prices will come down. I'm just glad it's outta there and can hopefully heal now. :crossfingers:
That is positive for sure. You're headed down the right path. I'm glad you're feeling better.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got all my retirement accounts in the process of getting rolled over into one account so I can better manage them. It'll be awhile before all the paper work gets processed and the money actually moved and accounted for.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Having a very enjoyable day despite the crummy weather... kittehs are all indoors, we're in for the night and I'm doing laundry while watching the end of the TCU game. Looking forward to some hot apple cider tomorrow morning, had some this morning instead of tea and it was delicious... the chilly weather makes it tastier, LOL. 🚂

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Nicole brought my Thanksgiving dinner over yesterday, She didn't host this year so there was no Amish corn bake which is always on the menu in our family on TG and Christmas. She made pumpkin pies and it was good. I didn't have any last year because I was over them. Someone brought fruit pizza with fresh blueberries, kiwi, pineapples, strawberries, very tasty.

I watched A Mighty Heart about the kidnapping and murder of journalist Daniel Pearl in 2002. I've seen it before and it's amazing how his wife was able to carry on after his death. A courageous woman..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm building a wood toy for my concept modelmaking class. I worked on it all day yesterday and a little bit tonight. This is also my final project so yay!! Semester 1 is almost DONE AND I SURVIVED!!
Wow, that's amazing! :woo:You should get an A+ for sure.

Nicole brought my Thanksgiving dinner over yesterday, She made pumpkin pies and it was good.
What's Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie? :dunno: It's a holiday staple for dessert and also one of my favorites.🥧

We flew out to be with one of our daughters, her husband and their precious pup for Thanksgiving. Three days before we were supposed to leave our pet sitter called practically in tears because she was admitted to the hospital. I was beside myself with worry over who would watch Carleton, and of course sad for her, since we've had her pet sit for approx. the past 10 years. My positive is that another pet sitter who sometimes shared the job with her was able to come over and take care of our boy. :creampersian: She kept me posted daily with texts, pics and told me he was the sweetest cat she's ever known.:touched:

Status
Not open for further replies.