It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful day yesterday because my helper was not here. Will be today as well because after she leaves I won' have to see her till Monday. Oh, Hannah, please come back!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think OK and US.
I like these two magazines. :cool:

I still have good water parameters for my fishy kids
I have no idea what that means. :think:

So does Wawa if you have one near you.
No, we only have Sunoco, Mobil, and Stewarts

Beautiful day yesterday because my helper was not here
Are you getting a new helper? When?

Especially their dark roast.
I love dark roast like French & Sumatra. ☕

My positive for today is I might have found a dentist a few minutes from me. It's weird, my insurance company has him listed as in my tiny town, but when I Google his name, it says his office is 2 hours away. So let's pray that he actually is close by, so I don't have to drive far in this weather. :crossfingers:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like these two magazines. :cool:

I have no idea what that means. :think:

No, we only have Sunoco, Mobil, and Stewarts

Are you getting a new helper? When?

I love dark roast like French & Sumatra. ☕

My positive for today is I might have found a dentist a few minutes from me. It's weird, my insurance company has him listed as in my tiny town, but when I Google his name, it says his office is 2 hours away. So let's pray that he actually is close by, so I don't have to drive far in this weather. :crossfingers:
Google does that for me too. I'll look something up and they will tell me it's 20+ miles away when in reality it's a couple of miles at most.

Try Dunkin's dark roast. It's very good hot or iced. Their hash browns are amazing. Try some if you go. Crispy, not greasy and seasoned perfectly. Better than any other fast food place including McD's.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good water parameters means that any bad buildup of ammonia or nitrites isn't happening (plus I'm keeping leftover food and their poop cleaned up, ...a whole lot like with cats lol) so they are happy fish :)

It's snowing, I like to watch it snow!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their hash browns are amazing
I didn't know they had food like that. I will have to check out their menu. 🍽

It's snowing, I like to watch it snow!
Not me! This weather can take a hike. ☀

We brought a Danish Kringle
What is that? Never heard of it.:think:

I hope so soon. The agency is short-staffed.
Does she know you are giving her the boot? 🥾

My positive for today is I just snuck a big hug from Maggie and she was so silky! 🤗 It did my heart good even though she didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I did. I love my little devil kitty. :devilish: 😻

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Enjoying my weekend, plus I'm having the Internet set up in my home today... no more library Wi-Fi, lol. Had a nice hot bowl of oatmeal this (chilly) morning, with a little butter, brown sugar & milk on top... it was delicious, and I had plenty of time to enjoy my million-dollar view of the Dragoon Mountains & Cochise Stronghold. Very nice and easy morning, here are some shots of the not-quite-thundering herd as I let the kittehs out my bedroom window, they use the walkways I installed to access the wooden privacy screen atop that cinderblock wall, and the elevation allows them to get a good look around, aye? Here we go:

IMG_5959.JPG IMG_5960.JPG IMG_5962.JPG IMG_5963.JPG IMG_5964.JPG IMG_5965.JPG IMG_5966.JPG IMG_5967.JPG IMG_5969.JPG

Forgot about those first few pics, the kittehs were waiting by the sliding glass door because I usually let them out that way when I'm getting ready to go to work... but on days off, I give them the window option, and I leave the window open so they can cruise in and out at will. Tiger sure took his time going out today, lol, which is why I just use the sliding glass door on workday mornings, that way I can rig the outside water bowl and quickly water the fruit trees (with a large pitcher from the kitchen) as the kittehs make up their minds whether they want to go out. They inevitably do, but sometimes it takes awhile, lol. :coolcat:

GOTTA RUN, I NEED TO PICK UP SOME THINGS FROM WALLYWORLD BEFORE THAT TECHNICIAN ARRIVES... TONIGHT, I CAN VISIT THIS SITE FROM THE COMFORT OF MY OWN HOME, WOOHOO!!! HASTA LUEGO!!! :runningcat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a nice hot bowl of oatmeal this (chilly) morning, with a little butter, brown sugar & milk on top
That sounds good. I never eat oatmeal because I find it boring, but maybe I can jazz it up.

It's hard finding positives in this brutal weather, but I always have my cats. Demi has decided that I have to pet him the whole entire time that he kneads on his blankie or he cries. It's nice to be needed. :catrub:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Enjoying a nice quiet Sunday morning... sunshine is breaking through the clouds, and my view of the Stronghold is magnificent. World-class technical rock climbing out there, just seeing all the domes, crags & spires brings back good memories of climbing with friends in years past. Some of those friends are no longer alive, they passed away from various causes unrelated to climbing... indeed, half our high school Class of '79 have already passed away, it was a hard-partying generation and there's an attrition rate in life. So just being here is a positive in itself, age is a badge of honor worn by the survivors in this crazy old world. At least life isn't so hectic in this little burg, I don't miss the Big City one bit, lemme tell ya... round here, if I see half a dozen vehicles on the road, that means it's rush hour, LOL. I sure don't miss that traffic insanity back in San Diego, I don't think I could ever live in such a crowded area again, not after enjoying the slower pace of life here in scenic southeastern Arizona. I'll drive out to the coast now and then to go sailing and to visit friends & family, but living there? "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!" I don't need the aggravation, LOL. Better to chill out here with my million-dollar view of the San Pedro Valley, the Dragoon Mountains, and the huge natural stone fortress known as Cochise Stronghold... life is good. :yess:

Edit: Here are a few shots of the Stronghold for those unfamiliar with this area...

IMG_1599.JPG IMG_1598.JPG IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1628.JPG IMG_1631.JPG IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1644.JPG

Those are just a few samples, the Stronghold has so many established routes on the various domes, crags & spires that a climber could spend the rest of his (or her) life exploring this magical place. Next spring, I think I'm gonna try a long moderate route out there, that'll give me time to find a climbing partner with some experience. I've already hiked and camped in the area, but climbing will give me awesome views of the San Pedro Valley, clear past Tombstone on a nice sunny day, LOL. :cool2:

Last edited:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoying a nice quiet Sunday morning... sunshine is breaking through the clouds, and my view of the Stronghold is magnificent. World-class technical rock climbing out there, just seeing all the domes, crags & spires brings back good memories of climbing with friends in years past. Some of those friends are no longer alive, they passed away from various causes unrelated to climbing... indeed, half our high school Class of '79 have already passed away, it was a hard-partying generation and there's an attrition rate in life. So just being here is a positive in itself, age is a badge of honor worn by the survivors in this crazy old world. At least life isn't so hectic in this little burg, I don't miss the Big City one bit, lemme tell ya... round here, if I see half a dozen vehicles on the road, that means it's rush hour, LOL. I sure don't miss that traffic insanity back in San Diego, I don't think I could ever live in such a crowded area again, not after enjoying the slower pace of life here in scenic southeastern Arizona. I'll drive out to the coast now and then to go sailing and to visit friends & family, but living there? "FUHGEDDABOUTIT!!!" I don't need the aggravation, LOL. Better to chill out here with my million-dollar view of the San Pedro Valley, the Dragoon Mountains, and the huge natural stone fortress known as Cochise Stronghold... life is good. :yess:

Edit: Here are a few shots of the Stronghold for those unfamiliar with this area...

View attachment 309185 View attachment 309186 View attachment 309187 View attachment 309188 View attachment 309189 View attachment 309190 View attachment 309191 View attachment 309192 View attachment 309193

Those are just a few samples, the Stronghold has so many established routes on the various domes, crags & spires that a climber could spend the rest of his (or her) life exploring this magical place. Next spring, I think I'm gonna try a long moderate route out there, that'll give me time to find a climbing partner with some experience. I've already hiked and camped in the area, but climbing will give me awesome views of the San Pedro Valley, clear past Tombstone on a nice sunny day, LOL. :cool2:
Stunning scenery!!

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's even better when viewed in person... the Stronghold is huge, much larger than any single guidebook photo I posted. There is awesome hiking up there as well as climbing, and of course one can enjoy a remote campsite for free on BLM land on the West Side. Nice dirt biking below the Dragoon Mountains too, the scenery is impressive as one rides along the base of the range. 🏍

P.S. Rice Rocket emoji NOT recommended for dirt biking, LOL. :eek2:

Status
Not open for further replies.