It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
two types of stuffing
Regular & Cornbread? I bought a whole wheat stuffing from Aldi's. It's from a box though. Haven't made it yet.

barn kitty & I will have the shop to ourselves for much of the day
Nothing better than being alone with cats, I always say... :catlove:

I love veggie omelettes, please let us know how you liked the new diner.
I loved the diner! I'm trying all the diners in town to find the best veggie omelet. Not hard, since there are only 4 diners left in town and 1 of them told me that they won't serve omelets past 11am, no exceptions. :rolleyes3:

Will probably make hot cocoa with Whipped Creme.
Somebody mentioned putting eggnog in hot cocoa. That sounds good...:yummy:

My positive for today is that I thought I hated the sourdough bread I bought, but I tried it again and it's growing on me! I toasted it to a golden brown this time and it tasted much better. :thumbsup:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Regular & Cornbread?
French meat and Portuguese. :)

We’ve been meaning to get flu shots and finally got them. My husband’s car has been needing service but my niece has been borrowing his car because she was in an accident. We were finally able to get the service done today.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
TGIF!!! Long weekend ahead, plenty of quality time with the kittehs... what's not to like? I get beat tired from work, sometimes I wonder what I'm even doing there when I have a CDL-A in my pocket... then I remember how difficult it was to find ANY job, given my situation, and I try to focus on the positives. Here's a BIG positive, Barn Kitty visiting my desk where we both eat lunch:

IMG_5606.JPG IMG_5607.JPG IMG_5608.JPG IMG_5609.JPG IMG_5610.JPG IMG_5612.JPG
IMG_5613.JPG

I cleaned those mismatched bowls she had, but I'll probably replace 'em first chance I get. I brought in those smaller plastic bowls for holding machine parts while working on carts, but today I used the top one to give MuuMuu another flavor of Friskies, LOL. Guess I'll bring in some regular whole milk too, instead of my usual chocolate milk... MuuMuu might like a little bowl o' whole milk now & then, yeah? She has a nice coat, very soft to the touch, and she seems to be in good overall health. I thought that was some sort of growth by her right eye, but it's only a weird color spot in her fur, nothing more. She's very friendly and quite happy in her surroundings... :cutecat:

If the machinery gets too loud, she'll slip out the nearest door and roam the considerable acreage around our shop, and I'm talking about heaps of space. Some landscaped areas of the course, some rough areas with brush and whatnot, but all the room in the world for a kitty to stretch her legs. We also have a nearby water reclamation pond which has hundreds of waterfowl floating in it, I guess they're migratory birds with a few indigenous species tossed in for good measure, so Barn Kitty has plenty of entertainment whenever she steps outside. When I'm alone in the shop, tinkering with carts and other machinery, she'll come in and keep me company, maybe climb up to her favorite broad shelf and take a nap in her cat bed, LOL. :sleepycat:

P.S. Saw a Great Blue Heron today at the edge of the pond, this is reclaimed water but it doesn't stink or anything, so the birds gather there to float around or wade in the shallows. We also have Great Blue Herons in the other pond by the clubhouse, I usually see several there whenever I pass, along with Snowy Egrets and all the other birds enjoying the pond and water fountain... the fountain is pretty, an elegant jet which breaks up into spray that falls back into the clubhouse pond. One knuckleheaded bird was using the fountain as a shower this afternoon, flapping his wings & preening his feathers, looking exactly like some human in the shower, LOL. 🦆

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cardiologist's office called today with the results of all his tests on Tuesday and all is well!Glory hallelujah!Our son and daughter in law came for a visit today and they brought one of their cats ...Pearl....since she had a vet visit today for her shots.She's a big girl...long haired beautiful tabby girl and polydactyl to boot!Not a happy camper was she,but she did take a small piece of chicken from her grandma.Wonderful day all around!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The cardiologist's office called today with the results of all his tests on Tuesday and all is well!Glory hallelujah!Our son and daughter in law came for a visit today and they brought one of their cats ...Pearl....since she had a vet visit today for her shots.She's a big girl...long haired beautiful tabby girl and polydactyl to boot!Not a happy camper was she,but she did take a small piece of chicken from her grandma.Wonderful day all around!
That is wonderful news, Lizzie!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
French meat and Portuguese.
Fancy! I never would have guessed that. :thumbsup:

Barn Kitty visiting my desk where we both eat lunch:
Awww, she's so pretty. 😻 Have you tried giving her canned food?

results of all his tests on Tuesday and all is well!
Yay! Good test results are always a positive. :cheerleader:

My positive for today is I've become quite the outdoorsy person. I'm counting the days until the 50 degree weather comes back, so I can start taking my walks again. March maybe? I have no idea because I never paid attention to the weather before. 🌞🌻🌳

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nice easy morning today, resting up and knocking out a couple of chores... took a long hot bath around noon, using some fancy soap I kept after me beloved mum passed away. It was a round bar or cake of sandalwood soap, and I tried some eucalyptus lotion too, so now I smell great... haven't smelled this good in years, LOL. I went through all the fancy bath oils and bath cubes over two years of wonderful baths up in Show Low, but I had forgotten about these other things due to my relocation. I have enough fancy European soaps and lotions to last another year, and I've already decided to reserve time on Saturdays for a long hot soak in the tub. I feel like a new man even though I was physically exhausted earlier... I woke exhausted with leaden limbs despite hours of good solid sleep, something to do with breaking back into the weekly grind of my work routine.

No worries, I've decided to take steps at work to lessen the aches & pains, like using the lift to bring carts up to my level so I'm not stooped or leaning over the carts for long periods, stool or no stool. I'm also gonna do as many tasks as possible while sitting at one of the long work benches, so I'm not on my feet all day. When I was a young Infantry soldier, I could stand all day and half the night and never feel it, but I'm no spring chicken anymore, so it's time to come up with some creative solutions to make life easier. I do like many aspects of this gubmint job: the paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid vacation, etc., and even though I'm usually as healthy as a horse, I'll use some of those sick days now and then to lengthen my weekends and shorten my work week, LOL. Meh, why not if I've earned them? No point in stressing hard at this gubmint job, and the extra days of recuperation will work wonders.

Anyway, I'm heading to the store to buy some things for the weekend, namely more beer and some burger makings for Sunday or Monday. I'm having lasagna tonight, not my own signature lasagna (which is delicious), just some Stouffer's Meat Lover's Lasagna with a nice green salad on the side. I'm keeping it simple this weekend, no heavy kitchen prep or cooking that will interfere with my beer drinking and film viewing, LOL. Aaah, the Bachelor Life!!! It's a lousy job, but SOMEBODY has to do it!!! Later this weekend, I'll try to knock out some of the skirting work around my double-wide trailer, I wanna button that up before winter arrives... it's not hard work, I just put it off for awhile when I was looking for gainful employment, 10-4? At least the interior of my home is clean and comfortable, maybe I'll dig up a photo or two for y'all... here are pics of the kittehs this morning for starters, LOL.

IMG_5625.JPG IMG_5627.JPG
IMG_5630.JPG

I let Crackhead eat on the counter, he has seniority over the youngsters, LOL. That darned Boots disappeared again, I think someone else must be taking her in and feeding her... maybe that person thinks she's feral, I dunno. I don't use collars or tags on my pets here in the high desert, tags make noise and a cat can get caught in brush if it's wearing a collar. The cats have microchips, but common citizens don't have chip readers... oh, well, we'll see what happens, I don't mind Boots going to another home if that's what she wants, but she's always welcome in my home, aye? It's strange, since she was such a homebody for the first few weeks, never straying far from our property. Just another mystery of life here in the high desert...

Here are a few pics of my Pool Room, in case I didn't post them earlier:

IMG_9735.JPG IMG_9739.JPG
IMG_9737.JPG IMG_9740.JPG
IMG_9744.JPG IMG_9745.JPG

SWEEEEEEEET!!! LOL... I'M OFF TO THE STORE, MAYBE I CAN FIND SOME EGGNOG THERE TODAY, I ALREADY HAVE SOME BACARDI AT THE HOUSE. RUM & EGGNOG LATER THIS WEEKEND, SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN, LOL. :yess:

P.S. Look closely and you can see some of my vintage European travel posters on one wall, I have others around the house too... some of them date back to the late '60s, LOL. Oh, yeah, I usually set up the 9-ball rack the other way, with the 2 ball where the 3 ball is and vice versa, same for the other balls, but I racked these "backwards" for some reason, maybe just to mix it up while shooting stick, LOL. We also play Cutthroat with three players, and we use the 'Resurrection Rule'---if a player scratches, the other players each get to pull a ball out of a pocket and put it back on the table. Makes for a more exciting game, aye? :blackcat:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The cardiologist's office called today with the results of all his tests on Tuesday and all is well!
Amen to that. :goldstar:

My positive is the sun came out and warmed up our temps which made Carleton thoroughly happy. He loves to lay on his special rug by the front door and bask in the sun. :sunshine:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cake of sandalwood soap
Fancy! I'm always happy to hear about men bathing because I've learned that some men don't! :fear:

My positive is the sun came out and warmed up our temps
How warm did it get? I wish it would go back up to the 50s so I could take a walk. 🌞

My positive for today is that my brother and his wife sent me a box of toys and bowls for Demi & Maggie. They also sent a cat shirt for me. It's really pretty, not cheesy at all. It's gray with long sleeves and has a drawing of a cat on it.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Enjoying the time off, which is more important to me at my age than the money, go figure... I might do a little work on the skirting of my home this afternoon, we'll see what happens. Never did add rum to the eggnog, I just drank the eggnog, or two glasses of it, LOL. Been a beer weekend for me, not out of control, just relaxing and listening to music while sharing quality time with the kittehs. Speaking of those knucklehaids, here they are last night:

IMG_5656.JPG IMG_5659.JPG IMG_5660.JPG IMG_5663.JPG IMG_5664.JPG IMG_5667.JPG IMG_5668.JPG IMG_5669.JPG IMG_5670.JPG IMG_5677.JPG IMG_5679.JPG

Tiger & Crackhead on the rack, Tiger sprawled out as usual... Phoenix in the cat cave closet, close-ups of Tiger snoozing away, LOL. The last two pics are actually from this morning, Tiger was keeping me company on the nearby rug. All the cats love that rug and they sharpen their claws on it all the time. I suppose they'll eventually destroy it, but in the meantime they'll sharpen their claws in style, LOL. :cutecat:

I'm off to the store to bag a few items, including more cat food tins for the upcoming week... I think I already have enough, but I meant to come to the library today anyway to park outside for a few minutes and glom onto the free Wi-Fi, and it's not much farther from here to the store. One of the benefits of small-town living, everything is close!!! :yess:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have super sparkly snow!!
That's the good stuff... time to build a snowman!!! I did that in Show Low, it was the first time in decades that I had built a snowman, and I enjoyed every minute of it!!! My snowman had small pine cones for eyes, a carrot for a nose, and a curved stick for a smiley mouth... one arm (branch) was waving at passersby, the other had an empty Silver Bullet (Coors Light) can taped into a fork at the end, held about waist high, LOL. Folks honked as they went past... it was pretty cool. My neighbor and his kid then proceeded to one-up me by building a bigger snowman across the street... snowman was all dressed up in sartorial splendor, complete with buttons, red scarf and black top hat!!! Made my snowman's tractor ballcap look rather rustic, LOL. The Snowman Wars were on!!! ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How warm did it get? I wish it would go back up to the 50s so I could take a walk. 🌞
It was in the mid-40's yesterday which is cooler than the norm for this time of year but if the sun is shining it feels warmer. Unlike today in the 20's with snow. However, my positive is I don't have work or anywhere I have to be so I got laundry and chores done this morning. I plan to have lunch soon then make a warm mug of coffee, catch up on a tv show I missed from last week and dive into my library book. 📖

Perhaps you can layer your clothes if you want to take a nice walk. That's what I would do when I walked our dog since he loved cold weather. Once you start moving you'd be surprised how quickly you warm up. 🧤

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,it's turned off cold as a well diggers patoot,and we had a little sleet and maybe an inch of snow,but it coulda been a whole lot worse!Sun will be back out tomorrow...cold....but the sun helps.On a much brighter note than that,we both had doctor appointments today and both of us are great.Got our flu shots,she drew blood to check his A1C...and it came back at a 6.0!That's my big positive today.When people love to eat and you love a sweet every now and again,and you're a diabetic,it can be hard to get and keep everything in line.We work very hard to keep him in good sted with all of that,so this news is awesome!And the cardiologist visit went great,and we knew it would,so he doesn't have to go back for a year.Yay!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I was getting ready to head to my aunts this afternoon when I hear then plaintiff meow of a distressed cat. I immediately though it was Willow having a panic attack over some imaginary threat. I called her and searched the house until I found her in a closet and sound asleep.

So I returned to the living room and immediately heard an even louder wail and realized it must be a cat outside and somewhere near my house. So I bundled up and circled the house a few times, checking behind every bush and tree and all around the shed and then did a thorough check through the garage. No sign or sound of the cat.

So I finally went back in and wasn’t no more than a few feet in the door before I heard the cat again, very loud this time. I was just starting to think a stray had somehow snuck it when I glanced at my I-pad on the table. I hadn’t realized until that moment that it was tuned to the Kitten Academy live stream and it only took another second to realize the distressed cat I had been trying to locate for a half hour was in fact one of their mom cats who was in heat and howling. Duh.

Time wasted but so happy to find I really didn’t have a stray to worry about.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,it's turned off cold as a well diggers patoot,and we had a little sleet and maybe an inch of snow,but it coulda been a whole lot worse!Sun will be back out tomorrow...cold....but the sun helps.On a much brighter note than that,we both had doctor appointments today and both of us are great.Got our flu shots,she drew blood to check his A1C...and it came back at a 6.0!That's my big positive today.When people love to eat and you love a sweet every now and again,and you're a diabetic,it can be hard to get and keep everything in line.We work very hard to keep him in good sted with all of that,so this news is awesome!And the cardiologist visit went great,and we knew it would,so he doesn't have to go back for a year.Yay!
Congrats to him on that A1C. A very excellent number .

Status
Not open for further replies.