It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made one of our favorite pasta casserole dishes
How do you make sure that a vegetarian casserole is a complete protein without meat? That's my biggest obstacle when trying to go vegetarian.

My positive for today is I realized that sometimes some prayers are best left unanswered. Sometimes what you are wishing for is not exactly what it seems to be, and not something that would make you happy. Anytime I dodge a bullet, that's a positive for me. :thumbsup:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sitting at the table this morning reading the weekly local paper,drinking my coffee,watching the birds,and here comes Mystery all in a huff and poofy.She slides halfway across the table,nearly knocked my coffee over and is wild eyed...and purring.All of a sudden she notices the paper and flops herself down,making oh so cute,kneading the air and being so sweet.Oh we had quite a conversation,she and I,about being on the table!lOi....she never listens :)

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just as I was about to flip my home and move closer to "population" and more numerous work opportunities, I received a call about a good steady full-time job right here in town, complete with benefits and accrued vacation!!! I have an interview tomorrow morning, and there are several openings so I reckon I have a decent shot at one of those positions. The job is mere minutes from my home, no highway driving at all... y'all know how much I detest commuting, which simply cuts into your time & paycheck. No truck driving involved with this job, just operating tractors & riding mowers in an aesthetic environment, with wildlife in the picture and scenery galore. If I score a job with these folks, my problems will be solved, since I already own my home free & clear... repaying the money I recently borrowed from my brothers wouldn't take long either, I only borrowed it to extend my time here and see if anything came through for me.

Sure enough, this has to be some sort of cosmic intervention, this 11th-hour call out of the blue... two nights ago I decided to simply flip the home and move on, juggling the four cats in yet another relocation, then the call came the very next day. So I'm happy today, and cheerful about my prospects with these folks who don't seem to care about the phony charges in CA... you have no idea how difficult it has been to move past that ridiculous fake felony. Meh, no worries, I won't mention it again, certainly not during my interview, LOL. I'm gonna go in with a positive attitude and convince these folks in HR that I'm the man for the job... living in a home so close to the work site will play in my favor, and the fact that I'm a bachelor whose daily schedule is wide open, so I can arrive early, stay late, work weekends, whatever, and still be home every night to share quality time with the kittehs!!!

WISH ME LUCK, I COULD USE SOME GOOD LUCK FOR A CHANGE... TONIGHT, A LOW-KEY CELEBRATION WITH THE CATS!!! DINNER AND A MOVIE, AND A GOOD NIGHT'S REST SO I'M READY FOR MY INTERVIEW TOMORROW MORNING... :yess:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Just as I was about to flip my home and move closer to "population" and more numerous work opportunities, I received a call about a good steady full-time job right here in town, complete with benefits and accrued vacation!!! I have an interview tomorrow morning, and there are several openings so I reckon I have a decent shot at one of those positions. The job is mere minutes from my home, no highway driving at all... y'all know how much I detest commuting, which simply cuts into your time & paycheck. No truck driving involved with this job, just operating tractors & riding mowers in an aesthetic environment, with wildlife in the picture and scenery galore. If I score a job with these folks, my problems will be solved, since I already own my home free & clear... repaying the money I recently borrowed from my brothers wouldn't take long either, I only borrowed it to extend my time here and see if anything came through for me.

Sure enough, this has to be some sort of cosmic intervention, this 11th-hour call out of the blue... two nights ago I decided to simply flip the home and move on, juggling the four cats in yet another relocation, then the call came the very next day. So I'm happy today, and cheerful about my prospects with these folks who don't seem to care about the phony charges in CA... you have no idea how difficult it has been to move past that ridiculous fake felony. Meh, no worries, I won't mention it again, certainly not during my interview, LOL. I'm gonna go in with a positive attitude and convince these folks in HR that I'm the man for the job... living in a home so close to the work site will play in my favor, and the fact that I'm a bachelor whose daily schedule is wide open, so I can arrive early, stay late, work weekends, whatever, and still be home every night to share quality time with the kittehs!!!

WISH ME LUCK, I COULD USE SOME GOOD LUCK FOR A CHANGE... TONIGHT, A LOW-KEY CELEBRATION WITH THE CATS!!! DINNER AND A MOVIE, AND A GOOD NIGHT'S REST SO I'M READY FOR MY INTERVIEW TOMORROW MORNING... :yess:

The job sounds perfect. Good Luck!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

GOOD LUCK!!!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
How do you make sure that a vegetarian casserole is a complete protein without meat? That's my biggest obstacle when trying to go vegetarian.

My positive for today is I realized that sometimes some prayers are best left unanswered. Sometimes what you are wishing for is not exactly what it seems to be, and not something that would make you happy. Anytime I dodge a bullet, that's a positive for me. :thumbsup:
Add some beans to it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I include seitan, chickpeas and ricotta cheese, all of which contain protein. I eat three well balanced meals per day, if one of the meals isn't particularly high in protein I will include a side dish that has it.

I know you have mentioned wanting to try a vegetarian diet but please don't worry if you're not ready yet. You may want to consider consulting your doctor or a certified dietician so that you don't become deficient in essential nutrients or vitamins. Here is a good article that may provide some helpful information for you: How to Be a Healthy Vegetarian

Last edited:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I had my interview and it went well, the three guys who conducted the interview appreciated my candor, and the way I wrote a short list of salient points (so I wouldn't forget to say them, LOL). Haven't had an interview in years, but a good deal of my experience has bearing upon the job, and they liked how my schedule is wide open. I'm hoping to hear good news sometime next week, today I'm gonna head back to the ol' hacienda and eventually make a nice chicken dinner by way of celebration... maybe have a cold beer first. If I score one of the several openings, I'll be looking good... I love how the job is so close to my home, only five minutes away for a quick and easy commute. I remember commuting to jobs in Kalifornia, dealing with all that aggravating traffic and the occasional case of road rage on some fool's part, LOL... living here in a town with three traffic lights, things are a bit different. Anyway, my interviewers picked up on my enthusiasm, not only for the closeness of the job but for other aspects as well, and we parted on good terms. Here are some shots of clouds & rays of sunshine visible from my yard and view deck earlier this morning as I had a hot cup of Twinings English Breakfast Tea:

IMG_5065.JPG IMG_5066.JPG IMG_5067.JPG IMG_5068.JPG IMG_5069.JPG IMG_5070.JPG IMG_5071.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5073.JPG

See that saddle in the range at lower left? Look closely and you can see some of the crags, domes & spires of Cochise Stronghold, a huge natural stone fortress and technical rock climber's paradise! Usually one can't make out various crags, domes & spires until the sun rises high enough in the sky to illuminate the western side of the Dragoon Mountains... so this morning's view was an unexpected treat. If I score this job I want, it won't be long before I'm riding a big ol' thumper out to the Stronghold and pulling some more climbing adventures... nothing terribly difficult, just some long moderate routes suitable for a guy my age. Some of those cliffs out there are hundreds of feet high with spectacular views in all directions, an added bonus on long multi-pitch routes, LOL. Meh, beats looking at some industrial ghetto, life could definitely be worse. I like my little adult playground here in southeastern Arizona, I'll be a happy camper if this job comes through for me. :yess:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add some beans to it.
I love beans. I bought a can of butter beans the other day, not sure what to make.

Here is a good article that may provide some helpful information for you: How to Be a Healthy Vegetarian
Thanks for the article. I hope I can eventually do it.

I had my interview and it went well,
I hope it works out for you. You sound happy living in Arizona.

My positive for today is that the lady who took my blood at the hospital was excellent, I barely felt it and she only had to poke me once. She said it was difficult because I have really small veins, but she was a champ.

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to take care of a cat from my parents friend for a month, and if we like her (of course I will because I like pretty much all cats, but my parents and sister have to like her too) we can keep her :) And supposedly she is really nice and she is not even spayed yet

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to buy a new wand toy because aggressive play broke the first one.

Fayola took to it right away. She's still a little shy but it's a start. She's also getting more comfortable with me handling her so hopefully she won't need sedation when it's time for her vet appointment.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow!!! That didn't take long, I got the call a few short hours after my interview and I'm hired... good thing I hadn't cracked a beer yet, since I had to drive to Tucson to get the drug screen out of the way. I start Monday, so now I'm heading to the house to crack a cold one, make that dinner I planned, and share some quality time with the kittehs. That traffic in Tucson reminded me of Kalifornia... ugh. Good thing I'll be working over here a few minutes from my home, I am SO happy about the short commute, LOL. :yess:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow!!! That didn't take long, I got the call a few short hours after my interview and I'm hired... good thing I hadn't cracked a beer yet, since I had to drive to Tucson to get the drug screen out of the way. I start Monday, so now I'm heading to the house to crack a cold one, make that dinner I planned, and share some quality time with the kittehs. That traffic in Tucson reminded me of Kalifornia... ugh. Good thing I'll be working over here a few minutes from my home, I am SO happy about the short commute, LOL. :yess:
CONGRATS!!!! 👍 :cheerleader::goldstar::party3::bliss:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was beautiful and today will be as well. Very chilly this morning, mid 30s but will warm up. Callie is sleeping in her laundry basket and is making the sweetest cooing sounds. She usually snores loudly and snorts, :sleep2: . I'm going to walk to the small store later on once it warms up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.