It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
A hobby of mine is collecting silver coins. Today I received 5 Australian Kookaburra 1 ounce coins. I got the latest years. The older ones are out of stock or way to rich for my pocketbook. The 2020 year is really neat with a bird on both sides for the 30th anniversary.The coins are different every year.
What a coincidence GaryT GaryT .. I came here to post a picture of a teenage Kookaburra who has taken up residence in my garden, and there are already kookaburras here!!
This litte one made my day.. as you can see from Gary's coins, the feathers on the heads of kookaburras are flat, but when they're young they are all spikey and they look like young punks. This one gave me the eye:

kookaburra 2.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
What a coincidence GaryT GaryT .. I came here to post a picture of a teenage Kookaburra who has taken up residence in my garden, and there are already kookaburras here!!
This litte one made my day.. as you can see from Gary's coins, the feathers on the heads of kookaburras are flat, but when they're young they are all spikey and they look like young punks. This one gave me the eye:

View attachment 302981
He is adorable!! I would love to kiss his sweet head.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was beautiful. I sat on the deck in the afternoon. Perfect temp. Tomorrow will be in 50s
and I don't know if I'll be able to, but maybe with a blanket over my lap, hat, and warm hoodie I'll
be warm enough. Cal loves this cool weather. She's snoozing in the big deck chair on a blanket.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
He didn't laugh, Mia6 Mia6 , but I've had a heap of them in the garden and the sound is so joyous. These aren't mine, but just in case you haven't heard them:
Ahhhhh, I needed that. Thank you!!! I remember a song when I was a kid about them laughing.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very busy this weekend, but needed to take a break so I wandered down to the shoreline. It rained all morning, which was desperately needed, and the light has that lovely feel to it after downpours. I'm so grateful I have this to walk to, just a couple of minutes away.

tree.jpg

And of course, the sunset was stunning..
full moon sky.jpg

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very busy this weekend, but needed to take a break so I wandered down to the shoreline. It rained all morning, which was desperately needed, and the light has that lovely feel to it after downpours. I'm so grateful I have this to walk to, just a couple of minutes away.

View attachment 303140

And of course, the sunset was stunning..
View attachment 303141
That is beautiful!!! I would have it framed.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up in the middle of the night and had to go to the bathroom, but I heard my fiancé puttering around and getting ready for bed (he stays up late on weekends). Lelia was cuddled on me, so I decided I'd wait until he got into bed (because that usually makes her jump off) and spent the next ten minutes or so petting my girl. She was so happy - she was even purring, which is really quiet and I don't hear often, and we were just bonding and it made me so happy.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 303202
Nothing new, just wanted to say I'm so thankful to have Fayola in my life and what a blessing it has been.

Her and Felix have been doing great together. They sleep in the same room and have decided to share a litter box instead of using their own.
Sharing a box is a big step!! She has such a sweet face.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Sharing a box is a big step!! She has such a sweet face.
That's why her nickname is Sweet Girl! :blush:

They aren't fighting anymore. Now, if one does something the other doesn't like, they just hiss at each other and move on or continue to interact. It's really nice to watch them communicate instead of just slapping.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and I got a much-needed hair cut. It needs a color badly
so I'll do that sometime this week. Too cold to sit on the deck so I'll do some reading inside.
The foliage should be great this week with the frost and rain we've had.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Very cold this morning, 35, yikes!! It's going to warm up this afternoon into the high 60s. I hope I'll
be able to sit out for a bit because it's going to be sunny all day. Callie only went out for about
10 minutes this morning. I guess it was more fun for her when she had her Vincie girl for company.
We had such strong winds on Sunday that my patio umbrella blew out of the stand and is now
in the middle of the yard, ha!! It's very old and the crank is broken so it is staying up. It looks so
comical.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the sound is so joyous
Thanks for sharing! It really does sound like they are laughing. :)

I remember a song when I was a kid about them laughing.
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree. Merry merry king of the bush is he. Laugh, kookaburra, laugh...:musicnote:

I cancelled all my plans today to take out a dear friend who desperately needs a respite.
How did your lunch with your friend go? :hugs:

Her and Felix have been doing great together.
It's so great to hear they are getting along so well. :clap2:

My positive for the day is that I found a Potassium supplement at Walmart. Hopefully this will help me ace my blood test. I'm so ready to be done with doctors. :crossfingers:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How did your lunch with your friend go? :hugs:
Thanks so much for asking, that's very sweet of you. :touched:Actually it went wonderful, it was pouring that day which put a slight damper on driving but she was so appreciative to get out that we talked for hours, e.g. her husband's health, our kids, our animals, etc. The time went by too quickly but we both enjoyed our lunch. As luck would have it while we were there who should walk in but our former vets. They are husband/wife and retired 5 years ago. We caught up on old times with them.

My positive for today is our yard is full of activity, i.e. squirrels munching on apples from our neighbor's tree, birds flying back and forth from our trees onto the patio. Carleton is engaged and enjoying the view immensely. :cutecat:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for the day is Demi woke me up this morning because he wanted to play "I'm gonna get the kitty." I chase him, he hides, and then pops out at me. I'm happy that he remembers our game after all this time. :redheartpump: :vancat::redheartpump:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm happy that he remembers our game after all this time. :redheartpump: :vancat::redheartpump:
Of course he remembers, cats are so smart and, more importantly, he loves you. :catlove:

I have been slacking off with cooking lately because I've been busy. We don't eat out often but I have been making quick easy dinners except for tonight. My positive today is that I made one of our favorite pasta casserole dishes with salad and fresh baguette.

Status
Not open for further replies.