It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Two of my abandoned/stray cats are coming along nicely . The grey one does not take a swipe at me any longer and actually rubs against my leg until I pet him. The other is now letting me hold her tail while she leans against my foot - but she still bats away the other cats . :winkcat:`:)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Two of my abandoned/stray cats are coming along nicely . The grey one does not take a swipe at me any longer and actually rubs against my leg until I pet him. The other is now letting me hold her tail while she leans against my foot - but she still bats away the other cats . :winkcat:`:)
That's wonderful, James!! You're their new daddy.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It has finally stopped raining! Tomorrow we are supposed to have cooler temps, in the 60s, with lows in the 40s, yikes!, but I'd rather have a little coolness, sun, and low humidity than the high temps with stifling humidity that we've been having. :yess:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every year when the weather breaks for good, I dread how much work we have to do but in the past 72 hours we've accomplished so much it's hard not to feel like it's a good thing and not a curse.
We've cleaned inside, mowed, weeded and edged and trimmed and all that stuff, cleaned some of the barns up, hung flower baskets and things like that. We've already gotten several compliments on how nice things look.
We have a small pet cemetery out back and every year we put out solar lights and garden flags and some little trinkets. It looks so cheerful now.
Every year we let a small part of the property out back grow up all summer long and mow it down the next spring. Since we've done this we've gone from thistles and grass to all kinds of wild flowers cropping up, herbs, honey suckle vines, you name it. We have a few trees that popped up a few years ago that are growing strong.
All this outside stuff is hard work but in a days time or less you see improvement and feel a sense of accomplishment, so it ain't all bad ;):hellocomputer:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie & Demi say thanks everybody for the B-day wishes! :redheartpump:

Two of my abandoned/stray cats are coming along nicely
That's wonderful! Glad to hear they are coming along. :petcat:

Tomorrow we are supposed to have cooler temps, in the 60s
Bring on the 70s! I'm ready for warm weather. :sunshine:

We've cleaned inside, mowed, weeded and edged and trimmed and all that stuff, cleaned some of the barns up, hung flower baskets and things like that.
Wow, you got a lot done! :thumbsup:

These aren't domesticated turkeys. They're wild turkeys
I know. My chickens were so friendly, I was just wondering if turkeys are similar in personality when they are tame. :)

My positive for today is I think I found a few foods that will help with Maggie's constipation. I know it's TMI, but where else can I talk about cat poop? :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of years ago someone dumped a beautiful calico at the apartment complex where my son lives.My daughter in law fell in love with her,but they already have 2 of their own,so the cat lived outside and different ones fed and watered her.Of course she ended up having 2 kittens and I finally told my son to get her and the babies and bring them to me.Like I needed 3 more....sigh.So we have Calliope,Bunny(she has no tail) and Mittens,and they're all doing great.Calliope has always been friendly but never really lovey except with her girls.Today I was sitting on my bed watching the race,she gets up on the bed,gets in my face,talking and purring,lies down on her back,plays with my fingers,curls up and goes to sleep.Finally!!!I have been hoping for this day!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of years ago someone dumped a beautiful calico at the apartment complex where my son lives.My daughter in law fell in love with her,but they already have 2 of their own,so the cat lived outside and different ones fed and watered her.Of course she ended up having 2 kittens and I finally told my son to get her and the babies and bring them to me.Like I needed 3 more....sigh.So we have Calliope,Bunny(she has no tail) and Mittens,and they're all doing great.Calliope has always been friendly but never really lovey except with her girls.Today I was sitting on my bed watching the race,she gets up on the bed,gets in my face,talking and purring,lies down on her back,plays with my fingers,curls up and goes to sleep.Finally!!!I have been hoping for this day!
Don't you love days like that? :clap:Was Bunny born w/o a tail?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
So the Vincie girl has slept with me for 12 nights! For about the past year she sometimes falls asleep standing up, don't know what that's about. As far as I know, she jumped down from the bed and ate and drank because I heard her, then fell back to sleep standing up, like a cow. She was still standing up when I woke up. She followed me downstairs and had some wet food but didn't want to go on the deck because it's so cold, in the 40s. Oh, she just walked past me so I think she'll want to go on the deck for a bit. I have a feeling sleeping with me won't last so I'll enjoy it while it does.:clap:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Just before 8 this morning I encountered a doe while out walking one of the shelter dogs. She let us get within a couple of meters, calmly watching us, and only left when the dog growled. Beautiful!
It sounds as though she felt comfortable with seeing you. I love seeing deer. They are such gentle animals.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love deer. They are gentle, beautiful animals. I used to see them in my yard. I need to start putting corn and sun flower seeds out again.
A long time ago I was traveling south bound on a state route early in the morning just around dawn. I saw 3 or 4 baby deer in the field about 8 feet from my truck, playing, tag teaming, and just racing around having the best time. I pulled over to watch them, and they only noticed me after a few minutes and high tailed it (literally :thumbsup:) outta there.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm done with report cards! Except for attendance, which I'm going to put in right before I turn them in so it's most accurate. One more test for those going into kindergarten based on the program we used this year and then I'll really be able to relax.

The end is in sight!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So the Vincie girl has slept with me for 12 nights! For about the past year she sometimes falls asleep standing up, don't know what that's about. As far as I know, she jumped down from the bed and ate and drank because I heard her, then fell back to sleep standing up, like a cow. She was still standing up when I woke up. She followed me downstairs and had some wet food but didn't want to go on the deck because it's so cold, in the 40s. Oh, she just walked past me so I think she'll want to go on the deck for a bit. I have a feeling sleeping with me won't last so I'll enjoy it while it does.:clap:
Are you sure the Vincie girl doesn't have some bovine genes? :lolup::kneading:I don't think I've ever heard of a cat sleeping standing up! She must be exhausted because of the volume of very important Cat Business she's been on :crackup:
Yeah, treasure those times! I know I do. Elvis has been sleeping with me every night, but as soon as the weather really gets cranked up he'll want to be patrolling the house all night long.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had to take my car in for the mandatory two year emission test today. Every time I get the notice in the mail I :crossfingers: that my car passes without any trouble. Then I :crossfingers: that the line isn't a mile long. I was lucky on both counts today, i.e. my car passed with flying colors and there were only 2 cars ahead of me. :bliss:

Status
Not open for further replies.