It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here is a glimpse of who we saw hopping in our backyard.
Love seeing the peter cottontails. :bunny:

The most beautiful Maine Coon/Calico in the world to brighten your day!
They are both beautiful. :loveeyes: I have a special place in my heart for Calicos, though I haven't had one for quite a few years now.

then this deer ambled into the picture. Mr Jackrabbit, realizing we weren’t a threat, had gone back to munching grass.
It's wonderful to see the peaceful parts of nature. :bluebutterfly::butterfly::purplebutterfly::tree:

here's a friend I made in the manager's office
Love the white doggie. :redheartpump: Aww, that sheep isn't ugly, he's cute.

My positive for today is I stocked up on litter from Tractor Supply this week. They had a Memorial Day sale, so I got a great deal. :jive:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Both girls slept with me last night. I think I may have developed allergies to their dander as I've been very congested during the night since both have been sleeping with me. So I'm been applying Vicks around my nostrils and above my upper lip and it has been helping. Having both of them with me at night is worth the nasal congestion.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They are amazing!!! How close were you?
I took the pic through the screen from my patio door. :camera: I knew if I went outside I would have scared them away.

We plan to go pick up a painting of our dog today. The artist who is painting him has sent me updates and kept in touch by doing minor tweaks. Can't wait to see the final portrait. :bliss:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dear friend of mine gave me a really pretty quilt that she'd bought years ago and forgot she had.It's so pretty...a turquoise paisley.I just love it!She's such a dear lady.I've come to the conclusion that any day without storms and warnings is a beautiful day...gorgeous today...in the 70's,nice breeze,low humidity,lots of sun .Hubby got my tomatoes planted today,too.Been way too wet!Our raspberries have taken a hit with all the rain...don't know if they'll do anything this year or not.We have quite a little nursery going on at the feeder.The downies have started to bring one baby to the suet feeder to eat,the hairies have 2 little ones,mom and dad housefinch are bringing 3 to the feeder.We also have a pair of phoebes build a nest up under the awning.Needless to say,Donnie has been standing guard at the windows with Hannah in case we get invaded.....:)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I may have developed allergies to their dander as I've been very congested during the night since both have been sleeping with me.
Oh no. Just when you got them both to sleep with you. :bawling:
Love the new kitty pic though, that's a positive. :loveeyes:

2 days of temps in the 70s
coming up on Monday and Tuesday.
I can't wait for 70 degree weather too. It's just too cold below that.:coldcat:

We plan to go pick up a painting of our dog today.
That's exciting! I hope you show us a pic. :coolcat:

A dear friend of mine gave me a really pretty quilt that she'd bought years ago and forgot she had.It's so pretty...a turquoise paisley.
That sounds lovely & cozy. :cloud9:

I bought my cats a new bed, but they hated it because it was too soft. My positive is, I put a towel over it to make it firmer. It worked, they love it now! I guess some cats are like humans, they prefer a firmer mattress. ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="maggiedemi, post: 4932592,

I bought my cats a new bed, but they hated it because it was too soft. My positive is, I put a towel over it to make it firmer. It worked, they love it now! I guess some cats are like humans, they prefer a firmer mattress. ;)[/QUOTE]

do they sleep in it together?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Not yet. Demi would love to snuggle with Maggie, but she likes to punch him in the face. :devilish:
My positive for the night is Demi is crying his head off. This is only positive because he wants his mama to get off the computer and cuddle with him. :redheartpump:
Awwwww......mama's boy wants to cuddle. Did you have a nice night hugging your boy?

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Below is a pic of my helper, Hannah. She is amazing, only 23 but so mature. We have the same sense of humor and she cooks really well. She went from being a brunette to high-lighted blonde overnight! She is getting married on the
28th of July. I'm so lucky to have her. She adores The Vincie Girl and Big Call and they love her as well.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's exciting! I hope you show us a pic.
DH didn't like how she painted our dog's eyes so she's going to tweak it for us. If it comes out to his satisfaction we will have her paint a portrait of Carleton too.

Last night we went over to a dear friend's house who has to move due to her husband's debilitating illness. We were up late talking, reminiscing and laughing which helped cheer up her husband's spirits. :touched:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went walking after work this morning. I went to the same place again. I found the same two turkeys again :clap: The female is very shy and kept scurrying away to hide.

Here's a view of the pond in the sunken down area taken from an upper path:

There are too many mosquitoes and bugs there to linger and sit (on a rock). I prefer the pond further in the park where there are benches:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I went walking after work this morning. I went to the same place again. I found the same two turkeys again :clap: The female is very shy and kept scurrying away to hide.

Here's a view of the pond in the sunken down area taken from an upper path:

There are too many mosquitoes and bugs there to linger and sit (on a rock). I prefer the pond further in the park where there are benches:

Maybe you'll be able to pet them someday.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Two seperate Starling bird families have had their chicks in my roof. My dog barks at them often and I've noticed that now, when I take him out in the morning to potty, the starlings bark back! In the several weeks they've been in my roof, they have imitated his barking and now do it back to him in the morning.

The first time I heard it, it was quite frightening. I thought I was hearing things but this morning in particular, I had a good listen and sure enough, the bird was barking like a dog. My dog.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is- today is Maggie & Demi's 5th Birthday! :bday:

Did you have a nice night hugging your boy?
Yes, but he only stayed for half an hour. He won't sleep with me because when I toss & turn, he goes flying. :lol:

Below is a pic of my helper, Hannah.
Very pretty. Glad she is cooking delicious meals for you. Congrats on her engagement. :itslove:

We were up late talking, reminiscing and laughing which helped cheer up her husband's spirits
It always helps to have good, kind friends at times like that. :hugs:

found the same two turkeys again
Great pics. I wonder if domesticated turkeys are as friendly as chickens? :think:

the bird was barking like a dog. My dog.
That's so cute! I've realized that birds are very smart. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.