It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My husband and I have a close friend who was diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease several years ago. We took him out to lunch because he can no longer drive but his positive and carefree attitude brightened our day. He's still the same lovable guy! :rbheart:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of ours dropped off a whole bunch of leaves from his yard yesterday.It was so good to see him,and so great he thought of us!So,between yesterday and late this afternoon,hubby got them all ground up and spread on the garden.Yay!Got my new glasses yesterday and they're very nice.She tweaked my distance and reader bifocal both so I'm covered either way.Works for me!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
A 10-year-old cat that was surrendered to our shelter two weeks ago has come out of hiding and is very affectionate, demanding scritches and belly rubs. That'll make adoption easier.

Somebody surrendered a Bengal yesterday, and he found a new home within a few hours.

I needed a pair of black dress slacks and went to a small clothing store in our town. The first pair I tried on was perfect.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today is the first day since Carleton's dental surgery that I feel he is 100% back to his normal self. He slept with me last night, ran havoc throughout the house playing this morning, then jumped to the top of his cat tree to look out the window. So unbelievably happy to have my baby back to norm. :thumbsup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ran havoc throughout the house playing this morning, then jumped to the top of his cat tree to look out the window.
:yess: :gift:

That hummingbird webcam where they thought the mother hummie had gotten killed? Her babies are doing wonderfully, AND THE MAMA IS BACK!!! She survived against the odds, and is now working on fixing up a nest :dance: :dazzler:

bellahummingbird . com

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got a ride home from work from a co-worker who doesn't live too far from me :) She's a crazy cat lady, too:lovecat2: I invited her in to see my cats. Leroy cautiously sniffed her fingers while Emma stayed put on the cat tree and just eyed her.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got another delivery of leaves this afternoon...yay!Noticed as I drank my coffee this morning there were small butterflies drinking sap from one of the maple trees...first ones I've seen this spring.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though there is snow on the ground, groan, I have good movies to watch; Paranormal Activity I and II , Bridget Jones's Diary, Muriel's Wedding and a few others. :popcorn:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is the first day since Carleton's dental surgery that I feel he is 100% back to his normal self. He slept with me last night, ran havoc throughout the house playing this morning, then jumped to the top of his cat tree to look out the window. So unbelievably happy to have my baby back to norm. :thumbsup:
That was a quick recovery. I'm so glad to is back to normal self.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That was a quick recovery. I'm so glad to is back to normal self.
Thank you! BTW, the cat in your avatar is lovely, what's his or her name? :lovecat2:

Although a bit chilly the sun is bright and there isn't a cloud in the sky. I plan to take advantage of this picture perfect day. :cool2:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's peak sandhill crane migration time :)

There are 325,000 sandhill cranes on the Platte River in Nebraska. The river flooded there but not as badly as further west, and the cranes are able to roost on the river overnight.

I haven't seen any communication as to how the surrounding fields are for them to feed in, but they seem to be doing well.

Mornings and evenings are prime viewing opportunities. If you have sleepers in the house in the AM, don't have the sound turned up LOL --they are NOISY!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been playing phone tag with a former teaching co-worker who was the first person I met at work many years ago. We finally caught up today and it was like old times. Did you ever meet someone who you have an instant connection with? That's how I feel about this wonderful person. :heartshape:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a glorious day today!Almost 65,the sun was in and out...a little breeze.I got to watch a crazy squirrel hang upside down on the side of a tree and eat a walnut.Heat off and windows open...kitties on every sill they could find.I noticed that my cardinals are starting to feed each other at the feeder,and the goldfinches are getting scrappy,so it won't be all that long before they start nesting.Hubby got most of the huge pile of leaves ground up today,and he worked a little bit in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.