It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My friend loves her library tote bag :clap: And she wants another one :lol: I'll have to get one when I return the books I borrowed. I'll have to check if they still have the previous tote bags with the zip top, too. I really don't mind buying another tote bag for my friend. She's had a rough new year already and needs something nice and thoughtful and positive in her life :sunshine:

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The week before last three cats were surrendered to the shelter because their owner had died. The 6-year-old started making up with people after 2 or 3 days, but the two 10-year-olds were in hiding until this morning. One of them demanded scritches, so things are looking up.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I'm sure we have all read many horror stories about people mistreating their pets. It's nice to see a positive story!

Two Cats Live The Life In Their Own $1500 A Month Home In California

It's not a perfect situation still. I'm sure those kitties miss the girl. But it's only temporary and it's sooooo much better than some of the more unfavorable options.

I'm sure there are people who resent cats living in an apartment by themselves when there are homeless people because they cannot afford a place of their own. However, the place is being paid for by a person who is away at college and will return eventually to live there, sort of like putting an apartment "on hold" until you can move in only this one is for an extended period of time. It's also a lot cheaper than boarding the cats for that long a time where they would most likely spend lots of time in cages and would probably be traumatized by limited contact with people. I do wish the student could arrange to have somebody to come in more often than just once a day. When my downstairs neighbor went on vacation to Hawaii for 10 days she had 3 different people including me come in every day to feed and water the cats, clean their litter box and play with them for at least 1/2 hour. None of us charged her anything although she offered, all of us got a charge out of playing with her cats who were all very friendly and none of us had to go very far nor was it a hardship to spend half an hour playing with someone else's cats. With all of us scooping boxes they were never nasty and thus not a problem. I applaud this person for being so loving for her cats.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like our weather has been so grey and cloudy and cool for days and days,and then today the sun broke thru for a little while.It was so bright!We went to Springfield yesterday and I got a great report from the surgeon who did my cataract surgery...absolutely made my week!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Winter wonderland here, up to 10.5" snow. :cold: But the good news is I did my grocery shopping earlier in the week so plan to relax and bake today. Carleton approves of me spending the day home with him. :lovecat3:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The storm is here and the snow is falling quickly. I have enough supplies. Chili from Bob Evans and their sausage gravy and biscuits. My brother-in-law went to the grocery store at 7:00am and got me mesquite smoked turkey breast and fresh Italian bread for sandwiches and a Marie Callender's Chocolate Satin Pie, oh so good. I have good frozen entrees as well and fruit. I'm going to have some Vermont white sharp cheddar cheese and Breton crackers for a snack now.

My sister bought me a new washer and dryer and I am so grateful. I washed some coats and they're drying now. I hope we don't lose power but if we do I'll have plenty to wear.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day I found a 2009 penny -- you know, one of the ones commemorating 200 years since Lincoln's birth. The reverse sides of the series portray 4 different scenes from Lincoln's life. The penny I found had the scene of Lincoln's "Formative Years" where he is sitting on a log and reading a book. The penny was pretty beat up and not worth much, but it was fun to see a different design. I usually don't bother much with looking at coins. Anyway, the positive is that it reminded me of one of my grandfathers, who collected coins and stamps. In honor of him, I went and bought $5 of penny rolls, and acquired another wheat back penny for my efforts. Again, not another valuable penny (1958-D) but a bit of fun to search for nonetheless.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws that penny sounds really cool! I googled it (I had never seen one,) and even if it's not valuable, I think it's one of the cooler designs out there right now!

Although we are having a lot of snow here in the Midwest, everyone at my house is cozy and cuddly and safe inside! It's nice to watch the flurries from the window. The winter can be very pretty (when you're warm indoors with the cats on your lap!)
IMG_1697.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This morning I was looking out the window and saw a large, chubby hawk land on a tree in my backyard. A closer look told me it was a large owl. We don't see them that often during the day, so that was pretty cool.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a TNR event today, which was probably too much to handle with mystery illness, but look how happy Lelia is with the new kicker I bought the cats there.
20190120_144709.jpg
20190120_144726.jpg

Totally worth it.

Now I'm going to crawl into bed for a while so I can hopefully feel better and have the rest of the day be beautiful.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since we're expecting extremely cold temps. overnight I changed the bed linens to cozy flannel sheets. Carleton will definitely be in heaven. :sleepycat:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing exciting to report except that tues I should have this boot off. Injury was day before Thanksgiving so I have been a couch potato most of the time

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The lorikeets came visiting today. They are loud and boisterous and make me laugh. We have a heatwave and a drought on at the moment, so birds in my garden make the most of the three birdbaths (this big one, a shallower one for the woosies, and another low to the ground that the sacred ibis sits in).

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The skies were very clear early this morning, so we had a great view of the total eclipse of the wolf moon. It wasn't as red as the one in July, but more spectacular. Mowgli got the zoomies and had us in stitches.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the day off! I probably would have called in sick last night if I'd had to teach today, but thankfully I have the extra day to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.