It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went to the Asian market today and they had a traditional Asian lion dance troupe parade through the store to bring good luck for the year :)

I bought some snacks to send to a friend who lives in an area where there aren't any Asian markets. And I got more frozen dumplings for myself.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The rescue where I volunteer now has a feral cat only spay and neuter day. It was today. There was an effort made for over 50 ferals, but we had 43. Which is not a bad percentage considering how difficult ferals can be to trap. Quite wonderful that 43 ferals are being fixed! :redheartpump:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the slow leak in my tire fixed, bought new work pants (down two sizes! Yay!), weightlifted, worked some on the puzzle I've been ignoring for weeks, and make a salmon and asparagus dinner.

It was so nice to have this day off and get some stuff done!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sun came out this morning and it was so blue!It started this nasty ice melting and I think the temp actually made it above freezing.I sat drinking my coffee this morning watching a squirrel take big mouthfuls of leaves to it's nest in an old chimney in our workshop.Cats were watching too...what is that interloper?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My laptop froze last night so I could not log on to TCS later in the evening. I needed a block of time to call Support today but fortunately an extremely nice and knowledgeable woman helped solve the problem. :thumbsup:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I may be getting a new kitty. Someone I know is moving in with someone allergic to cats and she asked if I might take him. He is a very nice kitty and also a handsome boy! :thumbsup:
I can't think of a nicer person for the new kitty to share his life with than you. :hugs: All the best of luck! :goodluck:Please keep us posted on your new furry friend.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
There were lots of great (photo) updates on shelter alumni in our inbox this morning. We had four black kittens that were adopted out in pairs. The runt, Elisa, was half the size of her siblings, but it looks like she's catching up. :purr:

We've been wondering why the birds that frequent our backyard have been eating twice their normal amount recently. Today I saw the bird feeder raider - a little black squirrel with tufted ears.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finall got hold of our shelter supervisor and possibly have a place for the emaciated little girl that showed up here a month ago and took over one of the heated huts. I absolutely hate bringing her to the shelter, but the supervisor is as passionate about cats as I am. It is no kill and she has a very extensive/thourough adoption policy in effect. The little one is SO thin, and hardly eats anything at all, preferring kitten chow. She is not doing well in this freezing weather, wanting in badly, shivering a lot, not like the hardy semiferal cats that share the huts. I will pay for her adoption and for spaying if she needs it to make her more attractive to a possible adoptee.
My heart breaks for her, she is a dilute calico with a round face and huge eyes. Very friendly and wants attention. I have exhausted all avenues to find her a home, facebook, online paper, radio and word of mouth. I already have too many semi feral cats to feed, and don't need the possibility of adding kittens. Two other newcomers may be female and need spaying as soon as I can see what they are, they are very feral and will be impossible to place.
It is a good day that there is an opening, there are usually WAY to many cats for them to even accept more, so I am lucky, and so is she, although I will miss her sweet face!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The new bed and mattress were delivered and the mattress made it up the stairs!
Sweet dreams tonight! :sleep:

I had an energetic exercise class today and, best of all, the teacher played a fantastic playlist. I sang quietly through the entire class. :biggrin:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The contract vet for our shelter has a former client - a senior citizen - who's looking for a senior cat to adopt. We have a 10 1/2-year-old that fits the bill, so :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
Hexe is already in her new home!

An 18-month-old Maltese was just surrendered. That breed is notoriously difficult to housebreak, but this little guy is housebroken and extremely friendly, too. That's such a popular breed that he should find a home fairly quickly.

Last week a calico with severe food allergies was surrendered. This morning, just as we were discussing putting her on the same food Mowgli gets, a woman stopped by to donate a box of prescription canned cat food - precisely the same brand and flavors we wanted to order. How's that for luck???

Status
Not open for further replies.