Items at Top of Page No Longer Showing "What's New"

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually the buttons at the top of the page include "What's New?" but it haasn't incldued that for a little while.
I initially thought that perhaps it was just a temporary glitch or that the site hadn't fully loaded, but I've refreshed the site several times and have given it plently of time to finish loading and it still hasn't showed up... Anybody else had this happen before, or know what I can do? Thank you!

1605304914769.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's not showing as well on my MacBook Pro and iPad but on my iPhone, it appears when it's only in landscape mode.
Interesting! It has always shown up before and was there earlier. It only disappeared when I logged back on after exiting the page a few minutes prior...
Just something I'll have to get used to, I guess ;)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine's not showing as well on my MacBook Pro and iPad but on my iPhone, it appears when it's only in landscape mode.
I have an android and it's showing up fine on mine.

Capture+_2020-11-13-17-20-31.png

It did disappear off the header on my laptop, but if I click the arrow next to forums I can still go to new posts (which is basically how I navigate this site rather than going to separate subforums).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something must have changed, as I keep moving my mouse to the "Articles" drop down menu, when I'm looking for the "Forums" one. :hmmm:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hey everyone, yes we're tweaking the site in an effort to adjust to Google's requirements. Things that have changed -
1. No more reviews section
2. Bringing the articles section (inc. the various categories) to the front

To see what's new on the forums, you can just hover over the word "Forums" and select "New Posts" -
1605364888242.png

The general idea is to reduce links going to User Generated Content, as the big G frowns on that type of content. We could potentially return the "What's New" tab and show it only to logged-in users. If people think that would help, let me know. We're open to suggestions!

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Anne Anne

I use an iPad and stay logged in, so your suggestion of returning the What’s New feature for logged in members sounds great! Currently, the tiny arrow is too small for me due to having hand tremors, and I use the large iPad. I do like what I see underneath it, so that’s a nice feature. Thanks for all you do!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I use an iPad and stay logged in, so your suggestion of returning the What’s New feature for logged in members sounds great! Currently, the tiny arrow is too small for me due to having hand tremors, and I use the large iPad. I do like what I see underneath it, so that’s a nice feature. Thanks for all you do!
I asked the designer to return that tab for logged-in users. Hopefully we can get that set up soon. Sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime and thank you for your patience!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back here for me as well. Thank you so much Anne Anne !!!