Itchy kitten

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
My kitten Jemima seems to have really sensitive, itchy skin as I noticed she’s grooming an awful lot compared to my other kitten. I can see she’s actually irritated with it because she’ll whip around to lick furiously 😕. She’s also thin and I’m worried about hyperthyroid because I had a cat with it. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Have you tried giving her some egg lecithin? Regular brushing to help better distribute the oils in her coat, a humidifier, and maybe even some fish oil could help.

Can you give her some extra nutrition from one or both of these recipes, and goat milk could be helpful as well.
Kitten-Rescue.com

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
No never heard of egg lecithin. And I was just thinking I need to brush them more. Goats milk is easy to get and I do have a humidifier going at all times. And I’ll get some fish oil for her. The kitten formula, mmmm, skeptical because she’s very finicky. Not really sure about goats milk because she doesn’t like milk in general (yogurt, cheese etc) because when we first got her I tried KMR and she wouldn’t even entertain it lol 😆! Picky little princess 🐱

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could try egg yolk, it's just that the small amount required for a cat means you'll have some leftover and egg lecithin is in powder form.

Hopefully something works for her :)

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pet Wellbeing Nettle-Eyebright Gold for Cats - Natural Support for Season Allergies in Cats

I just ordered that for my 4 year old that it he scratches and grooms a lot for years..Dunno why my word are all big but hey looks easy to read huh?

I hope this helps his allergys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
:clap2: I like the big words lol! I think my kittens vet actually sells it. She is a naturopathic vet. I didn’t even think about this, thanks!

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello Burt,

Thank you for your question.

We do have a couple different herbal supplements used for allergies, which can be added to your pet's food to relieve the symptoms.

If your pet's allergies cause symptoms such as nasal discharge, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, or other upper-respiratory issues; our Nettle Eyebright is what I would recommend for them. Nettle-Eyebright Gold is a combination of herbal ingredients designed by our holistic veterinarian for respiratory allergies (allergic rhinitis or hay fever). It may help with itchiness as well, but we find our Itch Support Gold works best for this.

If your pet's allergies cause symptoms such as itching, redness, swollen and itchy paws, and general skin irritation; I would recommend using our Itch Support Gold. Itch Support Gold provides support and maintenance for allergies that affect your pet's skin and the itchy, red, dry or moist unpleasant symptoms that result from allergic responses.

Both can be used together if needed, as some pet's may experience symptoms in both areas.

If your pet is shaking their head a lot, you may want to check their ears as well. Allergies can lead to ear infections over time, and if that is the case, you'll likely want to use our Ear Care Gold for Cats, depending on what type of infection it is. I would first suggest consulting your vet if you do suspect and infection, because they can help you to determine what kind it is.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my boy is awake he is grooming, he shakes his head, he scratches...I give him cbd, omegease omega 3 fish oil, egg lecithin, nothing helps....

Im hoping the itch relief helps, I ordered both, one by mistake but i might keep it....I finally have him eating almost one 3oz can of wet a day, been working on getting canned in him for years

If I can stop his overgrooming ill be so happy, he doesnt harm himself but still.....

Selarah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my boy is awake he is grooming, he shakes his head, he scratches...I give him cbd, omegease omega 3 fish oil, egg lecithin, nothing helps....

Im hoping the itch relief helps, I ordered both, one by mistake but i might keep it....I finally have him eating almost one 3oz can of wet a day, been working on getting canned in him for years

If I can stop his overgrooming ill be so happy, he doesnt harm himself but still.....
I have the same issue, and been trying to fix this rescue cat for over a year now. It’s gotten to the point where he doesn’t eat much and ultrasounds revealed lots of intestinal inflammation on top of all the grooming, biting, scratching, sneezing and shedding. Ugh. He’s on prednisolone now, it helps him to eat more, and lessens his scratching and biting, but now he’s just more lethargic.

His little belly might be inflamed too, that’s why he’s only willing to eat a 3oz can?

have you tried novel or limited ingredient diets?

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No I have not because he eats so diet to prevent urinary inflammation, if not for that id have him on limited ingredient no grain diet which i already mix with his so diet...

I have him on petwellbeing itch relief for two days now along with omegease omega 3.. Praying to see a differance, ill update when i do