Itchy Indoor cat and I got itchy eyes

Whitneyp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 15 and I think I traumatized her... :(

I have immune issues and have been sick for the last two years. my doctor has been telling me to rehome my cat but I just can’t do it so just recently I decided that I would just keep her out of my room/bed. She has slept in my bed her whole life with me and I think me shutting her out of my room has really traumatize her even though I did not realize it... she started scratching a lot and shaking her head and nipping at her for out of nowhere about 2 to 3 weeks after I stopped letting her in my room. About two weeks after that I woke up with the most itchy eyes with crawling sensations. I am mediately freaked out and researched to find out that I have Demodex mites... I started treating them at home but now realizing my cat has been itching it must have come from her since I’ve never had this issue and her itching is too much of a coincidence. I haven’t been able to take her to the vet because of Covid and I’m high risk. I did speak to Yvette over the phone and they said that bravecto has good results but I gave her a treatment about a week ago and she is still miserable. She does not have any visible anything in her (Demodex are microscopic) other than she’s itching constantly. She also throws up a lot... since she’s 15 the vets tell me she must have an underlying medical problem.

I am miserable now too... why do they say these are not contagious to people when they obviously are. I’m so scared I will have to deal with treating these mites on me forever now since I’m immune compromised 😢. I’m going to try giving my cat silver dips next but this is so frustrating and we’re both miserable. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe you need to treat the house/carpets/cars/bedding etc. weird though. I think one of my cats had walking dandruff and I put her on advantage. I treated everything also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whitneyp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe you need to treat the house/carpets/cars/bedding etc. weird though. I think one of my cats had walking dandruff and I put her on advantage. I treated everything also.
Thank you! I’m on it 💚

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m wondering if you see flakey dandruff which would be the biggest sign of walking dandruff. It was probably 10 years ago but I remember the type of frustration you’re having. Im sorry you have to deal with this, but the advantage/house treatment works. Leave your cat on advantage for 3-4 months. If your area has fleas, leave your cat on it all year. Having 3 pets, we were battling fleas with dips and flea fogs as well as sprays. Advantage took care of the problem, eventually ending fleas in the house and on my pets! I’m sure it will take care of the problem if it’s walking dandruff. I’m not sure about demodex mites. I hope it helps. Keep me posted..