Itchy Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

William_Chin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody! We just took her to a local veternarian who examined her and said that her itchiness might be caused by allergies, stress or an inflamed primordial pouch

William_Chin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I apologize, however I've never heard of such a thing, never mind it causing itchiness?
Neither have I but he said that the pouch was apparently "larger and harder" than on the other cats he's seen which might be a sign of inflammation/pain? However, he also said that allergies and behavioral were most likely the culprit in this case

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Has your vet given you directions for how to proceed? Calming products, food changes, stress relief, that sort of thing?

William_Chin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has your vet given you directions for how to proceed? Calming products, food changes, stress relief, that sort of thing?
He gave her a depo mendrol shot and a bottle of tresaderm so we'll see how she does for the next week

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all! My 12 year old domestic shorthair you you has been licking and biting the fur off near her stomach to the point that it’s starting to bald. I would see a vet however with my home state (New York) being hit hardest with COVID-19 that is not really practical at the moment. Is there any medicine, shampoo or home remedy that could help her out for the time being? Thank you 🙂
Shes a pretty girl

William_Chin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two week update!
Hi all! It's been around two weeks since You You got her depo shot! She was lethargic for the first two days and has stopped itchingitcing for the most part despite some flair ups here and there.

William_Chin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Just curious, would it be safe to give you-you the chamomile tea 3 weeks after the depo shot? She's been a little bit more itchy this past week

William_Chin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Drink a cup, hot and sweetened with honey, while you're at it. It will relax you. DO sweeten with honey. Chamomile does not play well with sugar. I know these things.
I'll definitely be having some myself! Is any store brand fine or is there a specific brand I should get?