It Has Been A Week Since I Lost My Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anilswati2207

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am doing just that. I'm not taking it as a personal rejection. I'm just so emotionally distraught. I will do anything to get him back. I will set up trap with smelly food tonight. The other cat was caught in the trap once and I'm not sure if he will walk into the trap again. I'm also walking my dog around all the time so he will pick up on my dog scent. I don't have his litter anymore but I'm wearing clothes for 3, 4 days and then hanging them in the air near my house so he can get some smells to come back home. There has been a lot of construction lately in our neighborhood, so a lot of trucks in and out with construction materials. He tends to be scared of loud noises so I feel he would have stayed away from those houses. The dog tracker tracked them to the houses in front of us, that have their backyards facing the woods. I'm trying to see who is responsible for feeding the feral colony there and hope anyone has seen him. As of now, no sighting.

anilswati2207

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, Devon has been coming for the past 2 nights. He has been smelling food at the front of the trap but not really getting inside the trap. I can see the video of him coming to the trap. He is being very cautious. My worry is that he is probably not eating. It is also going to get cold now. How do I get him to go into the trap or come inside the house. This is so agonizing. Any advice? Please help!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Keep doing just what you are doing! He's alive, and coming close, that's very good reason to hope!

anilswati2207

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. Last night he came 4 times every hour from 1 to 4. He stays near the trap door, eats the trail food near the trap door and leaves. Keeps coming back to sniff more but doesn’t go in more. Is there anything else I can do to get him to come farther? Please advise!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Start moving the trail food into the trap, a bit at a time. He KNOWS that there is food there. Also, you might cover the trap with a blanket, making appear as a dark, safe cave.

anilswati2207

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I spoke to the missing pet network representative today. She loaned me the TRU trap and covered it with a black trashbag. Also, we put in my socks and a wash cloth rubbed over my dog. Fingers crossed!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I share your joy. I can't help but be happy when those who wander return to those who love them. Cuddles and caution near doors. If you insist he not go outside, in time he will learn to accept that and be happy in the circle of your family.

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yay! how did you get your cat back?