It has been a long time! I hope some will remember us! :)

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

It has been months since I posted here. Back in Jan, I adopted a (no kill) shelter kitty that ended up having such severe diarrhea problems (giardia, coccidia, and what ended up to be irritable bowel) that I had to return him to the shelter. His name was Bear. In February, I adopted Chloe and shortly after I got her, I disappeared. LOL Actually, I got crazy busy with homeschooling my kids, vacations, summer, and so on.

First big news: We CHANGED vets!

Next big news: We now have a cat family of 6. Blue, Rex, Chloe, Momma Kitty, Percy, and our newest addition, Juno.

Here is a cat by cat update:

My 14 year old cat, Blue, is doing GREAT! He has fully recovered from the giardia/coccidia issues and just a few weeks ago, he had surgery to remove his skin cancer (biopsy showed a low grade mass cell and it has not spread!) and remove his remaining teeth to get rid of all the infection in his mouth. Our new vet is wonderful! Blue came through the surgery beautifully and is recovering better than I ever expected. His thyroid issues are under control and his quality of life has increased ten-fold since the teeth were fixed.

Rex: He turned a year old last week! My goodness, how fast this time has gone by! He was just a little kitten when he came home with us. Now he is a big fat cat! He weighs almost 12 pounds! He is healthy as can be and really getting along great.
His heart is with my hubby and my youngest son. He adores them!

Chloe: She may always be my most timid cat, but she definitely lets you know when she wants attention. She is healthy and doing great. She is also over a year old now and pushing 11 pounds herself! I still think she is one of the most gorgeous cats I have ever seen!

She loves Blue too

The New Additions:

Momma Kitty and Percy are mother and son. Momma is really just a kitten herself...I wouldn't doubt if she was 6 mos old when Percy was born! I went to a local shelter when my mom was here visiting this summer and then found out it was a kill shelter. Momma and Percy had hours to live. They were both starting to sneeze (making them, apparently, less adoptable) and Percy was "not very friendly." I found out later that their time was up that night. The shelter was inundated with kittens and they had no place for sick/sneezing, unfriendly ones. I snatched up Momma and Percy (who literally look like twins!) and haven't looked back. Hubby said I couldn't have any more house cats (he is allergic and we have 3 inside full time), so I made a deal with him that Momma and Percy could be indoor/outdoor cats. They have a "home" in the garage with beds, litter, toys, food, and water. During the day (now that both are fixed and have all their shots), they run free in the yard, garden and barn. Seeing Momma Kitty in her element is so wonderful. She is the kind of cat that I think might just be miserable if I were to ever try to force her to be an indoor cat!

My pretty Momma Kitty:

Baby Percy - when he first came home with us:

And now at 14 weeks old:

And this is my favorite pic of the two of them together. I just love the look on her face! bahahaha!

Juno:

She is my newest addition and she very well may defy my husband's wishes and be my house cat! She is absolutely precious! I mean, just precious. I think I have bonded so much with her, partially, because she looks so my like my little Bear.
She is as sweet as he was. She came from the same shelter as Momma and Percy. She had "PTS 8/5) on her card in pencil up at the very corner. She was going to be put down the night I got her...because she started to sneeze, had ear mites, and a tape worm.
It broke my heart, so home she came.

Thanks for letting me share! Hope everyone is doing well.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back
. I love the photo's and stories of all your cats
. Thank you for sharing
!

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! I remember you!
I'm so sorry to hear about Bear but it sounds like you've been very busy!
Glad to hear your update!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How could we ever forget you??? God, I hope the whole giardia and whatever-else situation is all over in your home!!! Here I am still dealing with Bugsy's issue - not as bad, but still some - can you believe it? Should I apply for the Guinness World Record?

Your family grew in a lovely way
Can't wait to hear all about them! Thank you SO much for saving these babies, and welcome back

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, we are icky stomach parasite free! Lol. It took about two months and another round of treatment for all my indoor cats, but we have been doing great for at least 3 mos now! I hate that Bugsy is still having issues.
. I am glad he has such a great momma who won't give up though! Glad to be back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all.
I am glad a few here still remember us.

Momma Kitty is one of the coolest cats I have ever owned. She is very daring and loves to be outside. Yesterday, she decided to climb 20 feet up a tree we have outside and then HOP from branch to branch! She scared me to death, but she knew exactly what she was doing. All of my cats before she came along were indoor only cats, so I was not used to seeing them in their natural element. And any time I think about how cool she is, I remember that she would have been put down in one more day if I hadn't brought her home. It makes me feel good! I am very thankful to have her and Percy in my life.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! So glad to hear you finally get everyone's guts healthy!
The new additions are cute too, everyone looks happy and healthy.