Issues with Evo Dry Food Turning Into Crumbs

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it.

I have been feeding Evo to my cats for years. Ever since the buy out the food consistently turns into tiny crumbs my cats do not consider edible. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also those of you who use grain free dry foods what are you using as a replacement? I getting sick of wasting my money on food that no longer seems to be edible. I want to stay grain free for my dry food. My cats also get wet food too. For wet food they get Neuman's Own.

My cats are 16, 5 and two years old.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you talking about fresh out of the bag its crumbs? or in the bowl. I fed a cheaper dry and got crumbs from them munching on food and dropping some bits out but never saw it in the bag as crumbs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallaround

Are you talking about fresh out of the bag its crumbs? or in the bowl. I fed a cheaper dry and got crumbs from them munching on food and dropping some bits out but never saw it in the bag as crumbs.
The food is already in crumbs straight out of the bag when I go to put it in their food bowl.

I know what you mean about the crumbs from them munching and dropping it though. We refer to my two year old Sonny as our little pigpen because he does that every time he eats.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover73

Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it.

I have been feeding Evo to my cats for years. Ever since the buy out the food consistently turns into tiny crumbs my cats do not consider edible. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also those of you who use grain free dry foods what are you using as a replacement? I getting sick of wasting my money on food that no longer seems to be edible. I want to stay grain free for my dry food. My cats also get wet food too. For wet food they get Neuman's Own.

My cats are 16, 5 and two years old.
When did this start happening to the food
? I am very very distressed as this is the only prepared food my F3 Savannah digests properly. But he like your cats will not eat the crumbs on the bottom of the dish.

Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I stopped buying Evo because of the crumbling too.
What brand did you buy to replace Evo with? I only ask because I have no idea what I could feed my Savannah. O dear....

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Person

When did this start happening to the food
? I am very very distressed as this is the only prepared food my F3 Savannah digests properly. But he like your cats will not eat the crumbs on the bottom of the dish.

What brand did you buy to replace Evo with? I only ask because I have no idea what I could feed my Savannah. O dear....
It seems to have started around the same time as the buyout. The last bag I purchased a few weeks ago is almost not edible at all and I am quite annoyed.

I am going to a small local business near me to look at food option this weekend. A friend of mine has mentioned possibly transitioning her cats to Wellness but I have not tried anything new yet.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It seems to have started around the same time as the buyout. The last bag I purchased a few weeks ago is almost not edible at all and I am quite annoyed.

I am going to a small local business near me to look at food option this weekend. A friend of mine has mentioned possibly transitioning her cats to Wellness but I have not tried anything new yet.
Thank you for the reply. Also if you do not mind letting me know what brand you choose and how your cats digest it that would be a great help to me

Thank you again

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Person

Thank you for the reply. Also if you do not mind letting me know what brand you choose and how your cats digest it that would be a great help to me

Thank you again
No problem. I definitely going to have to do this food change slowly so my 16 year old does not get a tummy ache and re-decorate my bedroom while I am at work.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

I stopped buying Evo because of the crumbling too.
What dry food are you using now?

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeding Orijen for my cats dry food. They eat a variety of wet food too.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I, too, have had many, many crumbs in my bags of EVO. I have now switched to Felidae grain free. My cats only get a minimal amount of dry each day, as a treat and the Felidae is working out great and it is much less expensive then EVO. I got tired of wasting the EVO food too, my cats wouldn't eat the crumbs either and I was wasting so much of that food. This "crumby" change took place after the buyout, so there must be a connection and not a good one, IMO.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SweetPea24

You could contact the company and complain. I wonder if enough people complain, they'll do something about it.
I sure hope your right. In a few more weeks I am going to try and buy a bag of Evo. But save the receipt in case I need to return it. I will let you all know how it goes like it or not

Originally Posted by Melesine

I'm feeding Orijen for my cats dry food. They eat a variety of wet food too.
I looked at the ingredients of Orijen on-line and it looks great. Except it has a bit more fish then I was hoping to see. Do you happen to have male cats? If so, how long have they been on the food? Have they had any UTI or other urine issues from the food?

Thank you in advance for your help
!

Originally Posted by Feralvr

I, too, have had many, many crumbs in my bags of EVO. I have now switched to Felidae grain free. My cats only get a minimal amount of dry each day, as a treat and the Felidae is working out great and it is much less expensive then EVO. I got tired of wasting the EVO food too, my cats wouldn't eat the crumbs either and I was wasting so much of that food. This "crumby" change took place after the buyout, so there must be a connection and not a good one, IMO.
I think the ingredients are good but I am not thrilled. I am also worried cause for my Savannah that would be his main diet. Since all he gets is Evo with a small amount of Taste of the wild plus one mouse a day. But I may try Felidae
. I agree the buyout has something to do with it for sure! Thank you for posting
!

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both my cats are male, but they are both only about 6 months old. They also eat mostly a canned diet, the dry is only a portion of their daily food.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Melesine

Both my cats are male, but they are both only about 6 months old. They also eat mostly a canned diet, the dry is only a portion of their daily food.
Thank you very much for the information
!

sweetpea24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had visited their website a few days ago and couldn't find any mention of the p&g buyout or any change in ingredients. I know on a dog forum I am on, someone mentioned that the food has menadione bisulfite complex but I didn't see it on the website. I think natural is getting sued too over some false statements which I cannot recall the exact ones. I think it sucks that a once decent company is messed up. Leave it to the big corporations. I hope the crumbling is just a problem with a particular batch.

Cat person, when you do get your next bag, be sure to keep the bag and if you send a sample to the company send it in the bag. Take note of the lot number and take pictures just in case. When they were accused of having acetominophen in their dog food, the person sent the sample in a ziploc bag and it was concluded that the person could have tampered with it. So send the whole bag of food if you have to.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SweetPea24

Cat person, when you do get your next bag, be sure to keep the bag and if you send a sample to the company send it in the bag. Take note of the lot number and take pictures just in case. When they were accused of having acetominophen in their dog food, the person sent the sample in a ziploc bag and it was concluded that the person could have tampered with it. So send the whole bag of food if you have to.
Okay thank you very very much
! I hope I do not need to use that information. But if necessary I sure will. Thank you again

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are likely playing with the formula ... may be amounts of ingrediants or where they get the ingrediants... a few yrs ago this happened with another brand the company claimed that batch got too much oil

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I went and got some new dry foods to try this weekend. The small business I get my dry food from has said this issue is becoming a problem and they are getting an increasing number of returns. I bought some trail size packages to try.

I am currently trying the Wellness Core Grain Free that has chicken in it. My oldest and youngest cats seem to love it. My 5 year old I am not to sure about yet. I am letting them try small quantities of the new dry foods. I am going to try a different one probably tomorrow. The nice thing is I can return what they don't like.

I still have quite a bit of the EVO left so I can take my time doing the transition.

I will update again when I test another food.

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I went and got some new dry foods to try this weekend. The small business I get my dry food from has said this issue is becoming a problem and they are getting an increasing number of returns. I bought some trail size packages to try.

I am currently trying the Wellness Core Grain Free that has chicken in it. My oldest and youngest cats seem to love it. My 5 year old I am not to sure about yet. I am letting them try small quantities of the new dry foods. I am going to try a different one probably tomorrow. The nice thing is I can return what they don't like.

I still have quite a bit of the EVO left so I can take my time doing the transition.

I will update again when I test another food.
Thank you very much for posting your experience. I still have enough Evo to slowly transition my Savannah onto another dry food as well. I sure am not looking forward to it since this has been the only food he can digest well.

How are your cats digesting the Wellness Core grain free dry food?

Please keep us up to date on the next food you try. Thank you in advance
!