Issues after enema

Biscuit’s Auntie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Currently dealing with our kitty who got an enema in early afternoon, has not peed since, has not pooped more than some watery stuff that probably squeezed around the backup, won’t eat or drink. He’s been on Miralax for awhile, they now have him on the same laxative you mentioned, and he does try constantly to push out everything. It’s really sad and upsetting to watch. He’s now super lethargic and obviously feeling miserable. He’s never been like this and I was hoping you could share more info on an Oliver and what helped him start feeling better. Thanks 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I know it’s been awhile since you posted, but any updates or advice you could share? Currently dealing with our kitty acting very similar to how you described. Got an enema in early afternoon, has not peed since, has not pooped more than some watery stuff that probably squeezed around the backup, won’t eat or drink. He’s been on Miralax for awhile, they now have him on the same laxative you mentioned, and he does try constantly to push out everything. It’s really sad and upsetting to watch. He’s now super lethargic and obviously feeling miserable. He’s never been like this and I was hoping you could share more info on an Oliver and what helped him start feeling better. Thanks 🙏
Hi. Welcome.
I am not a veterinarian. Just need to make sure you are aware of that. Any advice given is just my opinion and of what I would do if your cat was my cat.
Unfortunately, your cat sounds very ill. I strongly recommend you get him seen by a veterinarian tonight. What is concerning is his continued straining to defecate with out results and most concerning, the lethargy you describe.Also not eating or drinking. This does to me, sound like an urgent matter. Please let me know how he does.

Last edited by a moderator: