Issue with Wellness Core chicken & chicken liver pate (and more?)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A week ago, I opened a can of the above referenced food and fed it to Feeby for breakfast. She was sick throughout the day after that. No vomiting before that or after that day. Today, I opened another can of the same food and noticed it was "bloated" (the food, not the can); it quickly decompressed once opened. So, I checked the Lot Number of the can from a week ago and this can - same # 7CCYC1. She has also eaten Wellness Core turkey & duck pate with no issues.

I have no idea how widespread this could be, whether it goes beyond the Lot Number, or if the storage at my local pet store could be the issue, so I am contacting both Wellness and the store. However, I buy other flavors and other brands from this same store with no issues so far.

Just thought I would let you know to keep an extra scrutinizing eye on Wellness Core for now. If I find anything more out, I will let you all know.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a manufacturing issue with the food or it could be the cans not sealing properly. I really doubt it is storage though. In any case, bulging cans means spoiled food. Good thing you noticed.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed the Wellness complete health pâtés, the full sized cans. I haven't noticed anything off, but will be on the lookout!