Issue with my cat's paw

Jo ro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. my cat has a problem with his hind left paw for a long time he was given an X-ray but where we are very weak doctors told me that everything is in order but my eyes see the opposite it is not quite like chromate but I see that he is not comfortable with him walks but runs now only when he wants to poop as he always did he is 6 years old and he is completely homely, he definitely couldn’t fall anywhere and didn’t fight with anyone he was the only cat in the family so I can’t understand what’s wrong with his paw I re-read all the diseases associated with paws and of course I can’t make a diagnosis myself I went to large cities sending a picture to several doctors and everyone says everything is in order the problem is that they can only see animals only fracture other diseases are not able to recognize I can't believe them because I know my child better! I have attached a picture to my post maybe someone here will see what is wrong? he has a kidney infection which is still present it came along when i noticed the paw problem could this be related?
2597E03F-BC50-4463-B7F4-BA2F22BA7348.jpeg
30851CA1-8293-415E-8957-C645477239D7.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I personally am not all that familiar with reading x-rays, but I honestly can't see anything that looks abnormal. Maybe you can circle the area you think is 'abnormal' and re-post it here? Soft tissue injuries typically do not show up on an x-ray, so that might be what is wrong with his leg. Injuries to the cartilage, ligaments, tendons, muscles and stress fractures are best seen on an MRI, or perhaps a CT, scan. It doesn't take a catastrophic fall to cause a soft tissue injury.

Have you talked to the vet about trying an anti-inflammatory? Maybe even some pain meds as well?

I am not sure how a kidney infection could cause limping, but if your cat is in pain, it could merely be how he walks due to the related pain. I hope you can get his kidney infection cleared up soon, they can become very serious if not treated appropriately!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Same for me. I don't have experience reading xrays, but I can't see anything different from one leg to the other. Also, is the actual issue with his foot, or his leg? Have you examined his foot for things like cuts, thorns, that type of thing (if it's his foot versus his leg)?

As stated above, if it's a soft tissue injury like a sprain, that wouldn't necessarily show up on an xray. How long has this been going on? Time usually help with a sprain or pulled tendon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jo ro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my eyes see a completely altered gait and discomfort when I touch him sharply hitting his leg he makes a sound maybe the picture is all right but I believe my eyes over even this infection he has nothing for this we have no culture or antibiotics all that we are given this weed which also didn't work any worse than this for me now there's nothing it's terrible to sit back knowing that your child is sick for a long time and you can't help him I'm completely broken

this problem has been going on for a year and 5 months i noticed it so early something is wrong with his leg and we did a x ray right away and what came out of it all? I still don’t know what’s wrong with his leg and didn’t help him in any way I’m so scared to imagine that my child feels all this time and I sit idly by for a year and 5 months I tried to go to the capital but there are the same awful doctors and the same medicines they examined his picture and did not say anything, therefore it is the same without point to go( and of course we’re we are doesn’t have any option to go

and I immediately thought maybe something got into the paw and examined it, but everything is clean there

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wish we could tell you what is wrong, but we aren't Vets here, just a bunch of people who love cats :hugs:

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Which country are you in?

I'm not a vet but have seen xrays (of humans) more than a few times (usually my own) and my son has been in and out of hospital all his life (he's 35) and was about to start training as a nurse when the pandemic broke out. We both studied the xrays and came to the conclusion that one knee seems to have more cartilage than the other. I noticed it first but didn't say anything to him and he saw the same. I also felt that the patella (knee cap) on the left leg was a more irregular shape than the right patella. Now, it could be the angle of the legs but could be a sign of early stage arthritis or possibly a luxating patella. Basically that is the patella dislocates from where it's supposed to be but often they pop back in themselves and unless the vet is skilled in orthopaedics, that can go undetected if the patella is in the right place at the time of examination.

I think you may have to go further afield to get a second opinion from a good vet.

I will add that the kidneys control more than removing toxins from the body. They also control blood pressure, calcium, potassium and other things. The same applies to animals the same as it does for humans.

I really hope you can find a vet who can give you a definitive answer to your cat's problems. Good luck.