Is your cat's meow deep or high?

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get deep burrs, loud wahhs, kitten like pathetic meows ( when he thinks I have forgotten his dinner ) a meow when he is looking for me and not sure where I am which sounds exactly like "nǐ hǎo" (Mandarin for hello), what I call the police siren..a long meow that seems about 2 minutes long rising and sinking in pitch and loud bull horn yell that he lets go when you least expect and frightens the crap out of you.
Blue is not short on vocal talent or shy in showing it off, this is just a few..lol

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Jemima and Lucca both have fairly high pitched meows. They have different variations of their meows. For instance, Jemima trills a lot. She will do this before she meows. When she wants company because she can’t find us, it’s louder. Lucca on the other hand trills, meows, trills, meows etc. He is truly pathetic when he wants food. And he says “mama” not kidding. His meow increases as he senses his food is forthcoming. 😆💕

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have a lot of Siamese in their backgrounds, so it is interesting to hear their raspy, really strange meows. They sound more like they are groaning with an uplift at the end, or trying to clear their throats. Yammy (who is the color of a yam) sounds really strange, he sounds like a Yamaha rapping up when he gets excited about food. It's even strange watching him meow, he puts a lot of effort into it, putting his head forward and sticking his tongue out. If anyone has had Siamese in their lives they know what strange sounds they can make!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan will be one in a few weeks but she still has a high pitched kitten meow.
It’s really weird to hear coming from a cat. Lucca is 6 mths so maybe he’s still young enough for a “kitten” meow but Jemima is 9 mths and seems she should sound like a cat.🤷🏻‍♀️

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To put it in human terms, I think Selene would be a mezzo-soprano. She meows and trills a lot, and her purr is a kind of low rumble.

Charlie, on the other hand, would be a high countertenor, sometimes entering into falsetto territory. His meow is more of a squeak, and he'll do a particularly sharp one if he wants my attention. His purr is much louder than Selene's.

banana queen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Socks sort of goes "mrrp" or "waaa". Izzy is squeaky. Mittens is kind of high pitched but also has a very deep, loud purr. Amber says a high pitched "mee-owwwwwww", Teddy has a baby kitten voice and a purr so loud you can hear him from the other side of the room. He purrs at everything, if I was on the other side of the room, looked at him, blinked and said "Hi Tedders!" he would purr.