Is Your Cat A Real Cat?

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver does the exact same thing. Everything you've said about Arnold I can relate to Oliver.
Isnt it a wonderful feeling! Im sooo lucky.

I spend many hours outside with my boys. I think that somehow arnold understands the effort on my part to do so, or at least appreciates this time outside. I think the incredible affection he shows me, may be in part due to this time outside together. Its his way of saying thanks. Sounds corny, but I think the outside time does bring us closer together. Greg on the other hand, just complains when I bring him in.

20190802_185625.jpg

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Betty and Chubchub are real cats, no doubt about that.
I doubt Oliver's ancestry. He's mainly Maine Coon but probably mixed with a bit of dog, bunny rabbit and sloth. I think all the text books need to be re-written regarding cross-species breeding because of him.
I was on the sofa with Oliver sat on the floor at my feet when a fly landed between us. It started wandering about, al la fly, for quite a while and Oliver just watched it until it flew way. Surely a real cat would have give it at least one bat of the paw but no, he just sat there with barely concealed disinterest. He also behaves like a dog in lots of ways, is as harmless as a bunny rabbit and lazy as a sloth.
Is your cat a real cat?
I think you did not see the event correctly. First of all your cat noticed from the insects behavior that is was the wrong flavored kind of fly. The juicy ones have a distinct micro movement that indicates they have more of a flavor load. Nobody likes the older shriveled up ones. Plus this one had a moldy smell to it indicating that it was partly on its way out and thus would not have proven to be enough of a challenge for a ninja kitty to bother with. In short, the pre launch check list indicated that it was an older inferior model not worth bothering with. Also the xray vision indicated that it had recently landed on something nasty and had not bathed yet. Yuck, who wants that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you did not see the event correctly. First of all your cat noticed from the insects behavior that is was the wrong flavored kind of fly. The juicy ones have a distinct micro movement that indicates they have more of a flavor load. Nobody likes the older shriveled up ones. Plus this one had a moldy smell to it indicating that it was partly on its way out and thus would not have proven to be enough of a challenge for a ninja kitty to bother with. In short, the pre launch check list indicated that it was an older inferior model not worth bothering with. Also the xray vision indicated that it had recently landed on something nasty and had not bathed yet. Yuck, who wants that.
Ah, I see. So he could be a real cat after all. I'll pass on your comments and see if he admits it. The little con man.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amelia is definitely a cat. She's got the grace and agility, the stealth, the pride and (usually) dignity, plus the singleminded focus on things that she wants, all balanced with a hint of scheming and troublemaking and finished off with a warm, sweet disposition that includes lots of purrs.

Mischief is... a different story. Most cats are graceful, but I've witnessed her tripping on things, falling off of couches and windowsills and tables (once into her own litterbox), and she regularly gets absolutely schooled at wrestling by Amelia who is much smaller than she is. I have my suspicions that her ancestry includes a species that had a different number of legs. As for dignity... well. She tried to climb into the toilet the other day. She plays fetch and sniffs the other cat's butt like a dog. She's got the curiosity and the obsession with pushing things off of tables, at least.