Is Your Cat A Real Cat?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty and Chubchub are real cats, no doubt about that.
I doubt Oliver's ancestry. He's mainly Maine Coon but probably mixed with a bit of dog, bunny rabbit and sloth. I think all the text books need to be re-written regarding cross-species breeding because of him.
I was on the sofa with Oliver sat on the floor at my feet when a fly landed between us. It started wandering about, al la fly, for quite a while and Oliver just watched it until it flew way. Surely a real cat would have give it at least one bat of the paw but no, he just sat there with barely concealed disinterest. He also behaves like a dog in lots of ways, is as harmless as a bunny rabbit and lazy as a sloth.
Is your cat a real cat?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pickle is a cross between a cat and St Patrick. He got rid of all the snakes in Ireland and Pickle has cleared my neighbours garden of slowworms.

Kiwi is part cat, part stalker and part sloth. If she's not following me around the house, she is sleeping.

Buzz, well thats anybodies guess.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mind is part dog for sure. She loves being with her humans, likes tummy r rubs(to the point of purring) and plays fetch with her fuzzy balls. Other than that, she's all cat

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee is definitely more of a guard dog. He waits around for us, and loves following us everywhere. Fudge, however, is more of a sloth, since he just lazes around and sleeps all day!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have eight "real" cats and one alien. Astrid has to be an alien. It would be too difficult to explain why, but she is too weird to be a cat. We say that she shape-shifted to look like her littermate Estella to study our ways. At this very moment, she is sitting upright on a pillow she pulled off of the couch and is looking at me. Every once in a while she will let out a loud, elongated "meow" sound that just does not seem right.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty and Chubchub are real cats, no doubt about that.
I doubt Oliver's ancestry. He's mainly Maine Coon but probably mixed with a bit of dog, bunny rabbit and sloth. I think all the text books need to be re-written regarding cross-species breeding because of him.
I was on the sofa with Oliver sat on the floor at my feet when a fly landed between us. It started wandering about, al la fly, for quite a while and Oliver just watched it until it flew way. Surely a real cat would have give it at least one bat of the paw but no, he just sat there with barely concealed disinterest. He also behaves like a dog in lots of ways, is as harmless as a bunny rabbit and lazy as a sloth.
Is your cat a real cat?
LOL.
One time my Barley watched a small cockroach passed by him and he just looked at it and yawned. He is the type of cat who welcomes us like a dog each time we arrive from work, and sends us to the door in the mornings. He never meows, and has never demanded for anything but just waits in utmost patience. Such a sweet fella. :)

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is a dog. He behaves exactly like a dog would in almost every conceivable way but he has the smarts of a cat to couple with his personality! His name is Richard and he is a Bengal Siamese Mix. His mom is a purebred Siamese and dad is a purebred Bengal. It was an accidental litter prior to getting the parents fixed so we got him for free from a breeder. He fetches, goes after bugs at the window, lays next to me on the couch and loves belly rubs just like a dog would. It is so funny to watch his behavior. He is one of the most perfect cats I have ever met. His only flaw might be how vocal he is, but for me I actually enjoy "talking" to him :)

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is a dog. He behaves exactly like a dog would in almost every conceivable way but he has the smarts of a cat to couple with his personality! His name is Richard and he is a Bengal Siamese Mix. His mom is a purebred Siamese and dad is a purebred Bengal. It was an accidental litter prior to getting the parents fixed so we got him for free from a breeder. He fetches, goes after bugs at the window, lays next to me on the couch and loves belly rubs just like a dog would. It is so funny to watch his behavior. He is one of the most perfect cats I have ever met. His only flaw might be how vocal he is, but for me I actually enjoy "talking" to him :)
My Bengals have all been extremely vocal and loud..but to cross 2 vocal breeds together..man..you have my sympathy and as many sets of earplugs I can send you.
Nice looking cat too :)

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Bengals have all been extremely vocal and loud..but to cross 2 vocal breeds together..man..you have my sympathy and as many sets of earplugs I can send you.
Nice looking cat too :)
Fortunately we have trained him not to cry for attention as we have had him since he was 12 weeks old. So when he gets excessive we have always just ignored him so he knows there is a line not to cross LOL! He is very well-behaved and talks to me a lot but we got lucky and were able to "train" him not to be loud at night :)

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Greg, on the right in the picture, IS a real cat, but crossed with a bull dog. Tiny hips flaring out into a very stocky body. He behaves like a cat. LOVES to hunt. Can be scared of his own shadow. Can be sweet and timid. Can become a satanic and frightening monster from a horror movie if he doesnt want to come inside when I pick him up ( but has never lashed out or bitten me in anger). He loves my wife and tolerates me (and grudgingly admits I have some uses). He is a cat, a beautiful cat.

Arnold, on the left in the picture, blurrs the line between cat and human. He certainly has cat traits, but he sees himself as an equal partner in a relationship with me. Arnold is gregs boss. The fact I control the food, when to go outside and come inside is merely an inconvenience and in arnolds mind in no way defines our power or hierarchy. He sleeps with his head on a human pillow beside mine...... no being curled up at the foot of the bed for him. He communicates with me, directly, loudly, clearly, with eye contact and repeatedly if im not meeting his expectations. He lays on my chest when we watch tv at night, (greg is somewhere in the house attending to "cat" matters). He wants to share my fruit and yogurt dish and it is illogical to him to not do so. We watch "kitten rescue" on netflix together. He seems to recognize the images of cats and certainly thier sounds. Its the only show he stares intently at. I dont think greg even knows the show exists.

Arnold and I sleep together every night, like a couple. If I roll over and face away from him, he gets up, walks around me, not on me, (thankfully as he is well over 20 lbs) and flops back down in front of me, spooning again.....every time.

20180722_105443.jpg

As I type this, arnold has just jumped up into the chair beside me and we sit together like a couple. Greg is nearby, hunting and patrolling his yard...like a cat.

20190801_095822.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I roll over and face away from him, he gets up, walks around me, not on me,
Oliver does the exact same thing. Everything you've said about Arnold I can relate to Oliver.