Is Your Cat A Cuddler?

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy is by my side the entire time I am home with her, or I should say, we are by each other's side. She is always within a few feet of me, whether in my lap or sleeping with me. She is never far away at all. She is not noisy at all, just quiet and we are happy to be with each other.:catrub:I am glad she is so affectionate.

Ladysnuggable

Mother of Cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently tore my meniscus and my patella/knee cap is loose. I was laying in bed in severe pain after the doctor twisted and pulled on me and the cats are not allowed in the bedroom because we have an upholstered headboard. Well Artie snuck in. He then jumped on me got between me ans my arm laid on his back like a human then looked up at me and went mer mew mea like 'its okay mom' :'D

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Of my two cats, one is very 'cuddly' and likes to curl up with me when I'm sleeping. She is very affectionate and loves people!

My other cat, Galahad, is not as eager to cuddle. He loves belly rubs (and food!) but there's not much in the way of people-time with him - he waits for you, not the other way around.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither of my two could be characterized as "cuddly," but they have become more so after much time. They're both of the type that will follow from room to room and want to be near, but not usually on top of me. If I sit on the sofa for a long time without getting up, sometimes they'll come and sit on my lap, but that's all.

Sir Eats-A-Lot's usual time for cuddling is when I'm in the bathroom on the "mug," while Chesterfield's cuddle spot is on the half-wall at the top of the staircase. He demands pets and cuddles when he catches me going up and down the stairs.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Honeybunny is a lap cat, sleeps next to me a good part of the night, or at the foot of the bed. Will cuddle on laps, can pick up for pets... only with me tho. I havr a roomate but hes not around much. He can pat her but shes not close with him like she is with me. It just seems to be her nature.

My childhood kitty Susie tho, she wasnt a lapcat, didnt like picked up, but slept at the foot of my bed every night & enjoyed being pettted. She was indoor/outdoor (it waa in rural Maine years ago) so i feel like she was just more independent & wild.

Theyve all got their own purrsonalities. Ive totally seen them change tho-my moms cat Bratty when from not cuddly at all to a total lapcat over four years or so. It might just take a little time.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats and they all cuddle in their own way. Casey likes to lay on me on his side like a human when I am laying in the couch watching tv. He hung out on me while I was watching a baseball game this afternoon and fell asleep. Casey does not generally sleep on the bed. He is either on the ottoman at the foot of the bed, the book case next to the bed or on my bathroom rug. Once in a while he will come sleep cuddled up with my hubby if Apollo is not on the bed. Sonny will come and sit on my lap for a little while when I am on the couch. He climbs on us to give me kisses and get belly rubs from hubby on the bed. He prefers to sleep either on the ottoman at the foot of the bed or the bottom of the bed. Apollo will lay on the couch but not in my lap. He will sit in hubby's lap only. He also sleeps cuddled with hubby. He is daddy's kid. Once in a while he will hang out on the bed with me when hubby is at work if he wants pets. Starbuck is not really a lap cat but still cuddles with us on the bed. She asks to be taken to bed she then climbs on us and gives us kisses. We have an old water bed frame that has cubby holes in the headboard. She sleeps on a pillow in one of the cubby holes once she is done grooming us. Once in a while if I bring her downstairs she will lay next to me on the couch if none of the other cats are around.

Jayflower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Olivie and Hotaru are, but not at the same time...there is a lot of jealousy between the two. C'est Moi isn't much of cuddler, except for in the winter time when it's cold...then all 4 of us like to cuddle together.

Kal_shadowsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shadow is a big time cuddler. In the winter she would get under the blanket on my lap and konk out for a nap.

When she really wants a lot of love she catches me on my recliner and lays on my chest.

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our large male Bengal, Makena, is not at all cuddly. In his mind he is a wildcat and no self respecting wildcat would ever be caught "cuddling."

Except with my wife. She can hug him like a stuffed animal.

I keep telling him he is going to get caught and they are going to confiscate his wildcat card, but he just glares at me.

If Makena gets cold, he will sleep right up against me.... Makena tells me that wildcats sleep together so its okay. And he likes to sit so close to me that he is just touching... if I say anything he says that he was there first and I sat next to him......

Our other Bengal, Lilia, likes to cuddle. She prefers my wife but I will do in a pinch.

Our other cat, June Bug, cuddles only on her terms. You simply wake up and find her snuggled up to you or she comes over while I am on the computer and she plops down on me

MargoLane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Like many others, Busy loves to talk to us, be in the same room as us, sit next to us and wants all the pets. Even the tummy pets. But as of yet, she has shown no interest in being held, or sitting on laps. The most she does is snuggle between my knees in bed and she's just started to kind of 'little spoon' into me in the morning. But I think that's mostly so she can attack my arm.