Is Tidy Cats Or Fresh Step Less Dusty?

xenathecrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need to switch to non-clumping litter since I caught my 4 month old kitten eating Dr Elsey’s clumping litter. I switched out his paper pellet litter for clumping litter on Friday night and while he used it for potty purposes perfectly fine, I did catch him eating it and I know that’s very dangerous. I switched it out to the remaining pellets I have left but I’d like to use non-clumping clay litter. Is Tidy Cats or Fresh Step non-clumping less dusty? Also which one is unscented?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Both Tidy Cats and Fresh Step are clumping litters.

Did you tell the vet about your kitten eating litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xenathecrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both Tidy Cats and Fresh Step are clumping litters.

Did you tell the vet about your kitten eating litter?
They both come in non-clumping versions too.

No, I didn’t call into the vet. He didn’t have in his box for very long either. I put it in Friday night and changed it back to pellets yesterday.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They both come in non-clumping versions.

No, I didn’t call into the vet. He didn’t have in his box for very long either. I put it in Friday night amen changed it back to pellets yesterday.
A lot of people swear by the pine pellets sold as horse bedding at Tractor Supply Company. Have you already tried something like that?

I saw this video recently. This woman runs a cattery and she uses part of the Tidy Cats Breeze system with the TSC pellets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xenathecrazy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven’t tried pine pellets but that’s only because I’m not a fan of the smell of it and it becomes like sawdust. The paper pellets expand but don’t break up.

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used the fresh step non clumping litter when my cats were babies and it’s somewhat dusty. Not horrible. I don’t believe it comes in non scented version. The smell isn’t really strong. It’s really good at odor control and it’s relatively inexpensive. Never used tidy cats.