Is this UTI or wanting attention?

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two cats Buddy and Missy. Yesterday I had Buddy's teeth clean and he had two teeth removals. Buddy is a naturally affectionate cat so when he came home he was high as a kite and affectionate. No biggie.

Because I had to pay attention to Buddy, outside of feeding Missy, I didn't pay attention to her at all yesterday. Missy isn't an affectionate cat. Plus on top of that she has her own health issues. High calcium levels and possibility of IBD or Lymphoma (prayerfully none of the above)....TBD.

I say all of this to say, Missy JUST peed in one of my empty shoe boxes where I store their toys. She never pee/poo outside of her box.

Do you think this is behavioral? Or a possibility that she may have a urine infection? Should I collect a sample of pee for the vet?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Often cats have a different smell after a vets visit, maybe because Buddy smells strange, it has upset Missy and she is a little stressed. Try rubbing Buddy with an item of your worn clothing to get a familiar smell back on him. If Missy continues to pee inappropriate places it may be a good idea to contact your vet.

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dad had a tea cup poodle that when mad at him would pee in his shoe.
Hard to believe but true...when mad at Mom would pee in her shoe.
One time we had yellow sugar with lumps on the kitchen table so he must have been mad at all of us.
true story.
Maybe same thing caused infections in both? I would get her urine tested esp. if they allow you to bring some in.
Saves a lot of stress. They need 2cc or more. I think we had a bad can of wet food that helped trigger my 19 yr olds
first ever health problem.a U.T. infection.
I made sure to catch falling urine in a sterile plastic bag and took it to them within 15 minutes.
I'm with Verna smells are powerful to cats.