Is this stray cat pregnant or in heat?

rainstar93

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't know whether this cat was a boy or a girl until I noticed the belly area recently while taking pictures and videos. ( I've been feeding this stray every morning for about a month now) To be honest, I still don't know but I'm assuming it is a girl based on research. (I know nothing about cats)
Is this cat in heat or pregnant or can male cats have nipples like that too? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the Cat Site! Friendly, helpful people here.

Both male and female cats have nipples, just like humans. We are all mammals; therefore, we have nipples. The nipples on that cat are so large though that I think she may have had kittens before or is pregnant now. Time will tell, not to be facetious.

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That definitely looks like pregnant or nursing nipples to me. Usually, on male cats, you can barely see the nipples. I would think that she is either in late pregnancy as you will definitely be able to tell that she is in heat (calling, rolling, treading, increased affect etc.) or nursing. If you take a photo of her from above, we might be able to tell if she is pregnant.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She does not look pregnant, so I wonder if she is nursing a litter she has hidden somewhere. Time will tell.