Is This Ringworm?

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again! This is a pic of my other gal kitty, Peekachoo. Shes indoor/outdoor. I discovered like last week a small pinkish spot under her chin. Didn't think anything of it. Thought she got into a tussle with something. Well my kids brought it to my attention today that its now big & looks like this. So I took her inside & cleaned it up real good with peroxide then put Neosporin on it. I left her inside for the rest of the day. She wanted out just now (its 9pm here) so I let her back outside. So my question is, is this ringworm? I Googled it & seen pix that look like this one. Did I do the right thing by cleaning it up good? Also I thoroughly washed my hands after handling her
TIA!:)
20180621_205051_HDR.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Peeky :) I just snapped this pic of . shes the daughter of Tux..my momma kitty we rescued 4yrs ago. She had a litter of kittens & Miss Peeky was the only girl out of 6 boys!:eek: lol. I'll find a pic of Tux here:)
20180621_210342_HDR.jpg

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Tux...the momma kitty we rescued 4yrs ago. She was a stray. She is the most awesome kitty I've ever had!:) she loves my kids & was an awesome momma:) great huntress too!:D lol
20180430_172410.jpg

saladflambe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only way to know for sure is to take her to the vet for it to be cultured, but if you suspect ringworm -- and it's very very possible for an outdoor cat especially -- you'll want to start treating it ASAP - preferably with oral medication or at least lime-sulfur dips. Ringworm is a fungus, and it is contagious to humans as well as other animals. Washing your hands may not be enough to prevent getting it if it's ringworm, because the cat will secrete spores throughout the house/on the things it touches, and very few things actually kill ringworm.

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The only way to know for sure is to take her to the vet for it to be cultured, but if you suspect ringworm -- and it's very very possible for an outdoor cat especially -- you'll want to start treating it ASAP - preferably with oral medication or at least lime-sulfur dips. Ringworm is a fungus, and it is contagious to humans as well as other animals. Washing your hands may not be enough to prevent getting it if it's ringworm, because the cat will secrete spores throughout the house/on the things it touches, and very few things actually kill ringworm.
Thanks for the info! Thankfully she didn't come upstairs because I suspected something didn't seem right. So she stayed in the basement. After doing some research on this I better take her to my vet so they can professionally get to the bottom of it. The last thing I wanna deal with is a house hold of kids & kitties with ringworm!:eek: lol so i think a call to my vet in the morning is in order;)

wizegrl00782

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found that I have this jar called Sulfinex from when my old kitty (he passed away over a year ago) had mange & we bought online from Naturasil their all natural cure for mange. The kit came with Benzarid (a powerful hospital grade cleaner, disinfectant) & a jar of Sulfinex. It it got rid of the mange he had. So would that stuff work on ringworm?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to have a kitten with ringworm. The vet prescribed 1/4 of a pill every other day for a month. I don't know what the name is, but it was an antifungal drug.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sulfinex is supposed to have activity against ringworm, but first you need to have a definite diagnosis. This is made by skin scraping and culture. My cats were treated with an oral medication when they had ringworm several years ago.

Good luck and make sure you wash your hands after touching the animals. Do let us know how your cat does.

P.S. Tux looks just like my Samson, very pretty.